Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #21
SteelAssassin
Water Boy

Member Number: 8098
Unhappy How fast will that big dummy Bruce Arians get fired???

4 months ago would not be fast enough in my book!

This idiot really has me steamed. I havent been this PO'd since some of those Tommy Maddox shenanigans last season! Steelers were mounting the biggest 4th quarter comeback in NFL playoff history and this moron Arians calls "run-run-scramble-punt" deep in our own territory with 3 minutes left to give the Jags plenty of time to get into winning FG range? Our running game wasnt getting anywhere all night and yet we call 3 straight running plays with time running out to save our season? TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE PLAY-CALLING, ARIANS!!!!

I just dont get how this numbskull thinks. The Steelers offense was steaming hot in the 4th quarter and we scored a 3 TDs on the previous 3 drives and we had the Jaggies on the ropes, and yet Arians shows NO faith in them and instead puts all the hope in our porous defense stopping Jax from moving into FG range from the 50-yd. line??? This makes absolutely NO SENSE!

Arians NEEDS to be fired immediately for his total lack of competence. I would seriously question Mike Tomlin being the coach for the Steelers if he doesnt pink slip Bruce Arians by the middle of the week.

Steeler Nation has suffered too many years of "Turtle Ball" under Cowher to have to revert back to the dark years of protecting fragile leads. This team needs a KILLER INSTINCT like New England & Indianapolis has when they get a lead and decide to show no mercy to their opponent. I was critical of the Patriots running up the score on a few teams this year, but I can see why Belichick is such a great coach.....he takes no prisoners until the game clock reads 0:00 and that's how you need to play in the NFL!!!!

SteelAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #22
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032
Default Re: Forseeable Changes in 2008?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Why don't you ask Ben if he felt there was any "spark" to Arians' offense? Ben had a great season because Arians believed in him enough to take the shackles off of him. Willie Parker, had he not broken his leg, was vying for the NFL rushing title and having one helluva season. I don't think he'd agree with you either.

Tomlin is a defensive guru, not an offensive expert. I'm just fine with leaving Arians in as OC and Ken Anderson as the QB coach - both contributed significantly to Ben having a career season.
Ken Anderson did have a huge part in Ben's success this year. But the play calling of Arians did hinder the offense, especially in key spots throughout the season when they needed first downs to control the clock and/or move the ball into a position in which they could try and win the close games.

Even Cowher just commented on the terrible call of running the QB sweep with Ben even though he was doing great passing the ball. Grant it Ben may have had a good year, but overall the offense was not feared in my view, but rather very predictable and not as productive as they have the potential to be, and that starts with the play calling and then the O-line to hold off defenders to let plays develop.

P.S. Phil Simms then commented how Harrison was held but it wasn't called, which was very unfortunate for us.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #23
devo_17
Water Boy

Member Number: 6959

I am really disappointed that when we had a chance to lock the game up we couldnt pick up a first down. I think a big reason for it is missing Willie Parker. We didnt have a balanced attack at all which is what we have had all year. Now I do understand that we didnt have time to be balanced in the second half being down so many points but I think the Jags didnt have to respect the run at all. One more point was when Henderson tried to enter the game after hurting is hammy we didnt even try to challenge that side of the field. I would think one would have noticed him re enter the game and possibly challenge him.
devo_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: How fast will that big dummy Bruce Arians get fired???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelAssassin View Post

This idiot really has me steamed. I havent been this PO'd since some of those Tommy Maddox shenanigans last season! Steelers were mounting the biggest 4th quarter comeback in NFL playoff history and this moron Arians calls "run-run-scramble-punt" deep in our own territory with 3 minutes left to give the Jags plenty of time to get into winning FG range? Our running game wasnt getting anywhere all night and yet we call 3 straight running plays with time running out to save our season? TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE PLAY-CALLING, ARIANS!!!!

I just dont get how this numbskull thinks. The Steelers offense was steaming hot in the 4th quarter and we scored a 3 TDs on the previous 3 drives and we had the Jaggies on the ropes, and yet Arians shows NO faith in them and instead puts all the hope in our porous defense stopping Jax from moving into FG range from the 50-yd. line??? This makes absolutely NO SENSE!

Arians NEEDS to be fired immediately for his total lack of competence. I would seriously question Mike Tomlin being the coach for the Steelers if he doesnt pink slip Bruce Arians by the middle of the week.

Steeler Nation has suffered too many years of "Turtle Ball" under Cowher to have to revert back to the dark years of protecting fragile leads. This team needs a KILLER INSTINCT like New England & Indianapolis has when they get a lead and decide to show no mercy to their opponent. I was critical of the Patriots running up the score on a few teams this year, but I can see why Belichick is such a great coach.....he takes no prisoners until the game clock reads 0:00 and that's how you need to play in the NFL!!!!

Hey - since you're such an expert on offensive playcalling, why don't you send your hot resume to Tomlin? Then we can bash the living sh it out of you at the end of next season when we go 0-16.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #25
SteelAssassin
Water Boy

Member Number: 8098
Angry FIRE BRUCE ARIANS NOW......

SteelAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #26
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Another "Armchair OC" heard from. Do ya think your point comes across any better in 20-pt. bold font?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #27
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Maybe a few days off the internet and away from the subject of football will be beneficial for your mental and cardiovasular health. Check your blood pressure lately?
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #28
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Maybe a few days off the internet and away from the subject of football will be beneficial for your mental and cardiovasular health. Check your blood pressure lately?
He starts one more goddamn "Fire Arians" thread and he's gonna get a 30-day vacation.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #29
TheMightyEx
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8059

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Another "Armchair OC" heard from. Do ya think your point comes across any better in 20-pt. bold font?

I gotta say, relying on 1.4YPC Najeh and a gimpy Ben to earn you 10 yards against a fired up Jags front 7 when your passing game is white-hot was pretty braindead.

At least playaction. As terrible as our OLine was this year, Id trust Ben ad libbing over the run game pretty much all the time.

I wonder though, why didn't BR change the play at the LOS?
TheMightyEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #30
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

so his guy made 2 topics with the same content . real interesting

How long did it take you write all that, which btw neither Art Rooney or Mike Tomlin would even pay attention too

Many fans must be really new to the steelers to not remember many of our past awful offensive coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
some people take football too seriously. it's a freakin game, a hobby, when are they gonna understand that
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote