Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #101
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Flagrant Holding on Garrard's 4th down run

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
We should have had a spy on Garrard, and that, more than any call or non-call, killed us. I'll leave whining about the refs to Squawks fans.
Considering those are the kings of it.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #102
Thomas Mihalich
Water Boy

Member Number: 3293

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
That play in no way reminds me of the Immaculate Reception - not even close. The biggest difference of all is that the Steelers were the benefactors of that play. Continuing to B & M after the fact a week later is remiscent of that big oaf Madden and Raider Nation still whining and blubbering over the Immaculate Reception 35+ years later.

The way I look at it, Tom, is that if the Steelers had to depend on that "one last play", "one last chance" - when they had other chances to win that game on both sides of the ball throughout the game - they didn't really deserve the win. The bottom line is - the Jags for the most part, played 60 minutes of football. No purpose in sugar-coating it. The Steelers didn't. End of story.

Hey - if you want to spin around on this broken record for 35+ years down the road that's on you - have at it. I highly doubt this play will be talked about for years to come, as most Steelers fans, the Steelers themselves and the media have forgotten about it by now. When all is said and done, it is really a moot point. The game is over, our season is over and now we have the draft to look forward to!

Cheerio, pip pip and all of that other bloody stuff.

NM
The Steelers should draft you Gal, what a fighter!!!!

Just remember this.......(and you know it too) if the Steelers had won, it would go down as one of their greatest games ever. In spite of the Steeler's walking wounded, bad special teams, poor tackling, turnovers, bad play calls, refs., diminished OL & DL skills,etc. etc. they almost pulled it off!!!!

Hey, I just heard on CNN that Kucinich wants a recount in New Hampshire. (If he can find the money to pay for it). He claims the Clinton's had the election fixed!!
Now....... what about that Flagrant Holding on Garrard's 4th down run?
Think we can get the NFL to put the Steelers in tomorrow nights game.....there's still time to pull it off.
Thomas Mihalich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #103
CNY Is Steeler Country
Water Boy

Member Number: 8147

I didn't see the holding...but i'm going to youtube it right now and see what i can get. someone mentioned the play calling and the job bruce arians did in that game. sure, you cant blame losses on the play calling, but you can blame a 3-and-out that would have sealed the game. the steelers threw the ball better than brady did against the dolphins all throughout the second half and to that point led the 2nd half scoring 18-0. we averaged close to nothing per carry- so why call 3 straight running plays on that possession with 3:30 left? comon! the message i got from that was that they were content with a one point lead and giving the jags a chance to win. big disappointment for me.
CNY Is Steeler Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #104
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY Is Steeler Country View Post
I didn't see the holding...but i'm going to youtube it right now and see what i can get. someone mentioned the play calling and the job bruce arians did in that game. sure, you cant blame losses on the play calling, but you can blame a 3-and-out that would have sealed the game. the steelers threw the ball better than brady did against the dolphins all throughout the second half and to that point led the 2nd half scoring 18-0. we averaged close to nothing per carry- so why call 3 straight running plays on that possession with 3:30 left? comon! the message i got from that was that they were content with a one point lead and giving the jags a chance to win. big disappointment for me.
I didnt see holding either

untill I watched this:
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #105
CNY Is Steeler Country
Water Boy

yup, you're right.. definately.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #106
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Holding?

Yep. Both guys come in on the QB's left.

However... Too bad. we gotta play through bad calls... cuz I bet you there were calls that should have been called on us as well.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #107
CNY Is Steeler Country
Water Boy

absolutely! just to clear up what i said earlier, although i admit there was a hold on that play, lets not dwell on it. if they lost the game due to one missed holding call then they didnt deserve to move on anyways. plus, if we complain about this one, we're giving the seahawks a reason to complain about the refs in the super bowl.