Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #21
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts
Default Re: Flagrant Holding on Garrard's 4th down run

I saw so many Blatant holds in that game by the Jax line it was pathetic. I know holding can be called on every play, but I'm talking about pulling the jerseys from the back kind of holding. That (bleep) LT on Jax did that the entire game on Harrison.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts

The last drive was a head coaching decision. Knowing how pathetic our special teams has been, and the fact that the steelers were at their own 20 yard line, you might want to go for the first down. If it was at the 50, then fine, but crap man, one first down, would have ended it. The offense was on all cylinders, they just scored 19 points in a quarter, your telling me they didn't have at least one first down in them. Jax D was dead tired. **** man, just one first down would have ended it......
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #23
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

harrison gets held every game and nothing gets called.. it was nothing new, and he's not the kind of player to complain about it. i hope we let the league office know though, so they watch it better next year.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #24
Water Boy

Member Number: 7901

I guess you all must have missed the obvious face mask grab that was overlooked by the officials, and instead was called pass interference on Jaguars in the end zone. That horible call resulted in a fresh set of downs for the Steelers, and ultimately a touchdown.

There's always bad calls on both sides. If you would have played better you would have won, but in this case, Jacksonville was clearly the better TEAM, despite almost giving it away at the end of the game.
12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #25
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
After the mediocre season Foote had I am disappointed he now is reduced to whining about the calls
he may have had a mediocre season but in yesterdays loss to the jags he played like a probowler in my mind... he was blowing up plays and was playing at a much higher level than farrior
Old 01-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #26
bigbenallstar
Banned

Member Number: 8097
Unhappy Re: Flagrant Holding on Garrard's 4th down run

Wah Wah Wah

I do not see any of you talking about Hines Ward dragging a defender in to the end zone by his face mask and getting a cheesy pass interference call. You should be thanking the referees for the rest of your lifes for the gift the ref's gave you in superbowl 40. With out them, your prescious bus would have retired a fat never was. The only thing better than last years failure to even make the playoffs, is this years hypocritical whining after a first round loss. Maybe if Kimo Von Oloffen would have dove in to Gerards Knee the steelers would be moving on instead of crying into your terrible towels, knowing the rest of the country can not stand your obnoxious team or your obnoxious fans. Just to be nice, I will say Big Ben is a heck of a good quarterback.

Go Sea Hawks, enjoy your early vacation Steelers. Maybe next year the refs will be back on your pay roll.
bigbenallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #27
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I see the Seawhiners are back in town.

Steelers 21
Seawhiners Zippo

That's what a healthy and whole Steelers team does to a bunch of crybabies.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #28
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,287 Times in 469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenallstar View Post
Wah Wah Wah

I do not see any of you talking about Hines Ward dragging a defender in to the end zone by his face mask and getting a cheesy pass interference call. You should be thanking the referees for the rest of your lifes for the gift the ref's gave you in superbowl 40. With out them, your prescious bus would have retired a fat never was. The only thing better than last years failure to even make the playoffs, is this years hypocritical whining after a first round loss. Maybe if Kimo Von Oloffen would have dove in to Gerards Knee the steelers would be moving on instead of crying into your terrible towels, knowing the rest of the country can not stand your obnoxious team or your obnoxious fans. Just to be nice, I will say Big Ben is a heck of a good quarterback.

Go Sea Hawks, enjoy your early vacation Steelers. Maybe next year the refs will be back on your pay roll.
Amusing, coming from a member of the biggest fanbase of crybabies in the NFL. I'll enjoy watching you get beat and having your season ended by Favre and Co. next week. Another impressive playoff win over the "powerhouse" Redskins yesterday.

As far as SB XL? WAAAHHH! WAAAAHHH! Bitch, whine, moan.

Asshat troll.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #29
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Amusing, coming from a member of the biggest fanbase of crybabies in the NFL. I'll enjoy watching you get beat and having your season ended by Favre and Co. next week. Another impressive playoff win over the "powerhouse" Redskins yesterday.

As far as SB XL? WAAAHHH! WAAAAHHH! Bitch, whine, moan.

Asshat troll.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #30
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenallstar View Post
Maybe if Kimo Von Oloffen would have dove in to Gerards Knee the steelers would be moving on instead of crying into your terrible towels, knowing the rest of the country can not stand your obnoxious team or your obnoxious fans.
Hey dumb ass - Kimo hasn't played for the Steelers in the last two seasons.

Steeler Nation is WORLD wide, you nar-nar

Outside of Seattle, seahawks are known for shit ting on boardwalks, not for being a standout NFL team.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote