Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default The Morning After . . . . .

How is everyone doing today?

I thought I would wake up and have that "hungover" feeling (though I wasn't drinking last night!), but I don't. Yes, I am disappointed that our Steelers fell short in a game that turned into quite the dog fight (not the Vick variety) but the sadness I felt last night is gone. Seeing Mike Tomlin's post-game interview brought tears to my eyes as I saw tears in his eyes and his voice was different than I had ever heard it, but that couple of minutes really showed me what this man is made of and I couldn't be happier or prouder to have him as the HC of the team I have loved for decades.

I'm already looking forward so much to next season. This team has a good offensive nucleus (Ben, FWP, Hines, Santo, Miller), and the rebuilding process with regard to the OL and ST's will be beginning. Our D got hit very hard with injuries (Clark, Troy, Smith) this season and I believe in my heart that much brighter days are ahead!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634
Default Re: The Morning After . . . . .

I would agree. The big thing is improving the OL.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #3
ohiosteelerfan20
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4962

This loss really hurts. But not as bad as 2004, and nothing could ever match 2001. I feel very good about Mike Tomlin. And despite last nights first half, I just love the fact that we have Big Ben at QB. That Second half was legendary. I am already looking forward to next year.
ohiosteelerfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
How is everyone doing today?

I thought I would wake up and have that "hungover" feeling (though I wasn't drinking last night!), but I don't. Yes, I am disappointed that our Steelers fell short in a game that turned into quite the dog fight (not the Vick variety) but the sadness I felt last night is gone. Seeing Mike Tomlin's post-game interview brought tears to my eyes as I saw tears in his eyes and his voice was different than I had ever heard it, but that couple of minutes really showed me what this man is made of and I couldn't be happier or prouder to have him as the HC of the team I have loved for decades.

I'm already looking forward so much to next season. This team has a good offensive nucleus (Ben, FWP, Hines, Santo, Miller), and the rebuilding process with regard to the OL and ST's will be beginning. Our D got hit very hard with injuries (Clark, Troy, Smith) this season and I believe in my heart that much brighter days are ahead!
Nice post , Home town girl . I like your out look. Fans like you make it easier for me to me to experience the dissapointment of defeat. I agree youwith about Mike Tomlin. He is our hope and a good one at that.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

We as steeler fans have alot to be proud of. Yes we did lose but what a great second half effort. I'm looking forward to seeing a new offensive line, and a more poised veteran ben. I think next year will be the year
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Is it September yet???????
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Is it September yet???????
Atta girl - that's the right 'tude!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,264 Times in 3,630 Posts

It is always a let down when the season ends but when the Steelers went ahead in the 4th quarter I figured either STs or the defense would not close the deal so the last Jax possession was not a shock.

Unlike 1994, 1997, 2001 or 2004, I thought this team was at best 1 and done in the playoffs after losing the first Jags game, so this was anticipated and certainly is nowhere near as bad as the season ending losses in those years for me.

Finishing 10-7 while losing 4 out of the last 5 at least removes any illusions this current team is anywhere near to being a SB contender.

That may give Tomlin some breathing space with the fans to tear down units of this team, starting with the OL - Faneca is gone and IMO only Simmons and Colon should be presumed to be back as starters next year, not necessarily at their current positions.

Also will be interesting to see which coaches go - OL and ST did not appear to be coached up an LeBeau may decide to go.

Let's just hope we are not entering a stretch in the playoff wilderness such as that which followed the 1984 and 1997 seasons.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #9
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

After watching Ben come back from face planting into that van a year and a half ago and the disappointing season we had at 8-8 I have to say I am happy that we won the division and played a tough game in the playoffs. They never stopped or gave up and thats all you can ask from them.

We made it to the playoffs with a brand new head coach, offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, and I don't know how many other minor coaching changes. To make it to the play offs says a lot about this team and its quality.

Now I just hope the next 7 months fly by so the 2008 season can get going!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #10
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

All i can say is we ended the game and the season on a good note. Ben, Hines, and Miller brought the team back from 18 points down and made a huge run, but it just was not enough in the end and i feel pretty good about my team for next season.
Ben has an AMAZING season and hopefully next year with a new o-line he can have more time in the pocket to work his magic.
With a few touch ups and everyone healed up we can have another great season next year regardless of our schedule.
We will be a team to reckon with!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote