Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #11
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324
Default Re: The Morning After . . . . .

I woke up this morning thinking what a great job we did to come back. What a great job we did to overcome our INT's. I think we played well enough to win. And wow that Hines Ward.....speechless! Looking forward to next year!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #12
Strangeirish
Water Boy

Member Number: 8089

Just wanted to pop on here and say what a class organization you have, along with with probably the best fans in the league. A few of my friends were at the game last night, and what a game. What was striking , was that even though the Steelers suffered a truly sickening loss, your fans that were in my friends section(sorry don't know which one), were the epitome of what supporting your team to the end should be and had enough class, when it was all over, to wish our team all the best next week. That , coupled with watching Roethlisberger patiently wait until Garrard had finished his interview, to congratulate him. You just don't hear or see that type of stuff enough anymore.

Anyway, with all that said, words probably can't get rid of the knots that are in your stomachs this morning, but I felt compelled to come on here and thank you on behalf of my friends that were at Heinz field last night and I just hope that our fans( keyboard warriors included) and players can emulate the sportsmanship that was on display last night in Pittsburgh. Good luck next year and nothing but respect from this Jags fan.
Strangeirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I think next year will be the year
I surely hope you're right but looking at next year's schedule, they're gonna have to play MUCH better on both sides of the ball for 60mn. And I'm not even talking about ST ..................................

Globally, a very frustrating season, in my eyes.

I hope they fix the numerous deficiencies in the roster via FA and a solid draft and start the next season with a new field cause that brownish thing they call grass looked once again crappy last night. The field hadn't seen a game for what, 3 weeks, during which it received more care than a patient in ICU and it was still more dirt and mud than anything else. Oh and if these field conditions help our game,like some of you think, I would hate to see what it'd be if it did not.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangeirish View Post
Just wanted to pop on here and say what a class organization you have, along with with probably the best fans in the league. A few of my friends were at the game last night, and what a game. What was striking , was that even though the Steelers suffered a truly sickening loss, your fans that were in my friends section(sorry don't know which one), were the epitome of what supporting your team to the end should be and had enough class, when it was all over, to wish our team all the best next week. That , coupled with watching Roethlisberger patiently wait until Garrard had finished his interview, to congratulate him. You just don't hear or see that type of stuff enough anymore.

Anyway, with all that said, words probably can't get rid of the knots that are in your stomachs this morning, but I felt compelled to come on here and thank you on behalf of my friends that were at Heinz field last night and I just hope that our fans( keyboard warriors included) and players can emulate the sportsmanship that was on display last night in Pittsburgh. Good luck next year and nothing but respect from this Jags fan.
Very nice and classy of you. Thank you for taking the time to come say hi and share that with us.

However, I am hoping next year we have reason to come over to your boards to bolster your spirits after a loss!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I feel the exact same way I felt last night.

We have a great core going into the future. We have some extreme talent on both sides of the ball. We have some things we have to fix. Let's get into the offseason and fix them!

I am going to enjoy the heck out of my spring and summer. This offseason won't be as bad, because I don't have that awful taste in my mouth from an 8-8 season after a SB.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #16
Strangeirish
Water Boy

Member Number: 8089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Very nice and classy of you. Thank you for taking the time to come say hi and share that with us.
However, I am hoping next year we have reason to come over to your boards to bolster your spirits after a loss!
Cheers! I hear ya!
Strangeirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #17
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangeirish View Post

Thank you for the very classy post and I wish the Jags well next week and beyond. I'm over the sadness and hurt from last night and am looking forward to the draft, FA and heading up to Latrobe for camp in July!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #18
SteelSurf
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8015

My head hurts.

Thanks Strangeirish. Watched the game with a couple of jag fans last night. nailbiter for both of us. Likewise,jags fans are a classy gang. Any game that is decided in the last minute is brutal on the nerves.

Only thing I have to look forward to now is a team to knock off the patriots. Any team. I dont care if they come from Upper OR Lower Slobovia. Just beat the cheatriots so I can gain some respect again for the NFL. The thought of having to watch TV ads all season long with metro sexual tom brady or bill belicheat is too much for me to stomach.
Cheaters never prosper... We shall see.
SteelSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

Great post, Very well said. GO STeelers 2008!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
crcsnail
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2091

thx for a good post hometown gal.like others i wondered why i keep coming on here reading all the negative posts ie we lose a game and peeps want ben out batch in etc etc etc etc. it is after all a game and yes im dissapointed if we lose for a bit but i would never go against the steelers, like some on here .they cant be true fans cos u gotta take the rough with the smooth (i should know im a manchester city fan as well !!city till i die!)like others that last series, when i thought we should have kept passing short was annoying but u CANT fault the teams effort and the quotes on the official pittsburgh site said a lot about gerrards long run at the end and on replaying it looked like a LOT of holding! well heres to next year and all the best to you all :)