Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #21
BigBrian7
Water Boy

Member Number: 6339
Default Re: The Morning After . . . . .

Well even though I'm still pissed from the play calling at the end of the game, there were some bright spots. Probably the thing I noticed the most, and I hope the rest of you saw it and are kind of excited, was how much better the defensive pressure was looking when Woodley was in the game. I like Haggans but Woodley is about twice the size of him and he showed what he could do last night. They definitely didn't run all over us last night.
BigBrian7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #22
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrian7 View Post
Well even though I'm still pissed from the play calling at the end of the game, there were some bright spots. Probably the thing I noticed the most, and I hope the rest of you saw it and are kind of excited, was how much better the defensive pressure was looking when Woodley was in the game. I like Haggans but Woodley is about twice the size of him and he showed what he could do last night. They definitely didn't run all over us last night.
The Wood was awesome last night!! I'm really looking forward to this guy starting next year. He and Harrison are going to be a killer combo!
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #23
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878

At the start of the Season, I feared that we might finish third in the division and this would be a rebuilding year. Yes, last night was disappointing but it was a pain because in spite of a new HC, new coaching staff, injuries all over the place and a tough run-in, we still put ourselves in a position to challenge in the post-season and, despite having it handed to us for a terrible half, we were still in it at the end.

Anyone think any other Franchise in the NFL would have coped with a new HC, new coaching staff, a new playbook, the injuries we've had and still made the play-offs?

Me neither. The Jags played a tough game out there last night and at least play the game the right way. We're miles ahead of where I thought we might be when the season started in August. We know where we need to strengthen and we know where we're strong. We need a good draft and some clever free agency, but we'll still be competitive.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #24
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

I only got 2 hours of sleep, having got home 2 hours ago. Game was a big disappointment. Was a tough march for us all out of Heinz Field.

As for next year, there is potential, yet I'll need a couple weeks distance from this game to reflect on next year. If we keep most of the players we have and Tomlin's crew makes the adjustments that we needed for the post-season, then we are contenders. Who knows what the NFL will bring next year. We do have a tough schedule for 2008...

Anyhow, thanks for a good season Tomln! Not bad getting into the playoffs your first year! Time to build on that so we can add to the Super Bowl collection at the Coca-Cola Great Hall!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #25
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Let's face it, it was going to take a miracle for these Steelers to do anything in the playoffs, they tailed off and were just TOO beaten up.

It sucks to lose, but if I were a Jags fan, I wouldn't be too boastful. Their "super" team was taken to the wire by a battered Steelers team missing Willie Parker despite several gift turnovers. But they got the higher score in the end. That's all that matters.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #26
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

The most devastated I ever felt was after the San Diego loss of 1994-5. That whole next month was terrible.

It still hurts. I didn't sleep well last night at all. Just kept thinking about the last 3 minutes of the game. Like I said last night, there are more important things in life...and I know that...but it's still hard to take.

The biggest part is that our favorite players like Hines, Hampton, Aaron Smith, Marvell Smith are all getting older and every football season goes so fast, but the offseason is so slow.

It makes the championships of the 1970's and the 2005 season all that more special.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #27
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

You guys (and gals) really do make last night's loss so much easier to digest!

Quote:
Just kept thinking about the last 3 minutes of the game.
I kept thinking about the first half of the game where we blew so many opportunities and turned the ball over. We had a valiant comeback, but in the end, this battered and beaten up team fell a hair short.

Can't wait for TC in July! Anyone planning a trip to Latrobe?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #28
Stillers33
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6205

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
All i can say is we ended the game and the season on a good note. Ben, Hines, and Miller brought the team back from 18 points down and made a huge run, but it just was not enough in the end and i feel pretty good about my team for next season.
Ben has an AMAZING season and hopefully next year with a new o-line he can have more time in the pocket to work his magic.
With a few touch ups and everyone healed up we can have another great season next year regardless of our schedule.
We will be a team to reckon with!
what waz that song agian? o yea HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

All thanks go to my dad for turnig me on to football!
Fan since 2001!
Stillers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #29
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

I woke up several times tormented by that pitiful offensive series before we punted the game away.... Honestly, can you see Belicheck doing that... No Way! Anyway, the Jags just spared us from utter humiliation next week at NE. So in the long run, it justs helps me get over my steeler hangover in enough time to enjoy the rest of the playoffs. I just hope we change our play not to lose philosophy next year.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #30
Stlr4ever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7925

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
How is everyone doing today?

I thought I would wake up and have that "hungover" feeling (though I wasn't drinking last night!), but I don't. Yes, I am disappointed that our Steelers fell short in a game that turned into quite the dog fight (not the Vick variety) but the sadness I felt last night is gone. Seeing Mike Tomlin's post-game interview brought tears to my eyes as I saw tears in his eyes and his voice was different than I had ever heard it, but that couple of minutes really showed me what this man is made of and I couldn't be happier or prouder to have him as the HC of the team I have loved for decades.

I'm already looking forward so much to next season. This team has a good offensive nucleus (Ben, FWP, Hines, Santo, Miller), and the rebuilding process with regard to the OL and ST's will be beginning. Our D got hit very hard with injuries (Clark, Troy, Smith) this season and I believe in my heart that much brighter days are ahead!
Thanks for the nice post HT gal! Yeah, I noticed Tomlin's crackling voice too. His players really let him down. Unfortunately, as a team they are not measuring up to the standards. There has to be some housecleaning during the off season. All the underachievers MUST go. I am really sick and tired of our OL. It must be overhauled. May be the OL coach should go too. We need bigger, stronger and more athletic guys in the trenches. Hampton is no longer getting the job done. Kiesel is doing ok. We really missed Aaron Smith in this game.
Stlr4ever is offline   Reply With Quote