Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
RP_McMurphy
Water Boy

Member Number: 7905
Default Thanks Ben

As a Jaguars fan I thought it showed alot of class and stand up behavior to wait for David Garrad to finish his on the field interview. As a athlete who just put his heart and soul into the game only to lose at the last second it was hard to just turn on a dime and congratulate your opponent. He showed me he can win with class and lose with even more. He has won a fan in me for the rest of his career. To the Steelers fans it was a helluva comeback that left me wondering. Jack Del Rio won this game in late August with his choice of Garrad as Byron Leftwhich would have never finished that run or most likely even started it with his out of shape self. You guys have a bright future as you know who you are and have alot of talent on your team and alot of heart. See you guys next year in Jacksonville and here's to another great game.
RP_McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Thanks Ben

Thanks, RP. I think Del Rio showed a LOT of guts going from Leftwich to Garrard as well - and it turned out to be the right move. Good luck next week - probably against NE, but who knows? If the Titans somehow beat the Bolts today, you could be going to Indy.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Garrard is a gamer, that's for sure. It wasn't a great statistical performance, but when the game was on the line he wanted the ball. Kudos, and good luck to your guys the rest of the way out. Watching the Jags is like watching our guys; it's real football.

And, I have to say that even though he's past his prime, I've always thought the world of Leftwich. I'll never forget watching the film of his college linemen carrying him up to the line in that game. Say what you will about him, but never question his heart. The Jags, win or lose, will always be a team with a lot of heart. Leftwich gave it his all, it just wasn't enough. The Jags, they'll always be fun to play against.

And BTW, I've noticed, no one ever blasts them around here. That's telling. There's a lot of respect, even with you guys taking the last 3 in a row.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

no offense but im tired of hearing that jack del rio won the game, or that the jags won the game because they were the better team, if it wasnt for bens turnovers and our bad special teams coverage we would of beat them by 20 or more. thank you for showing respect and i take nothing from the jags win i just think that bad decisions lost us the game.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
no offense but im tired of hearing that jack del rio won the game, or that the jags won the game because they were the better team, if it wasnt for bens turnovers and our bad special teams coverage we would of beat them by 20 or more. thank you for showing respect and i take nothing from the jags win i just think that bad decisions lost us the game.
Well, Jax WAS the better team last night - by two points. Sure, the loss sucks, but give credit where it's due.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Yeh.. I agree fansince76
This Jaguars team is gonna have to play a complete game though next week no matter who they have to play next... New England or Indianapolis. If the Jaguars can run the ball and keep the ball around 35 or 40 minutes I think that they can beat Indy or New England.
Good Game Jaguars... have a safe trip home and good luck.
But... We Will Be Seeing You Guys/Jags Again Next Year!!!
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
Stlr4ever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7925

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
THANK YOU! I believe the team team that committed the least number of mistakes won the game. Our STs gave up easy 7 points, as they usually do in the playoffs. Big Ben's mistakes costed us at least 14 points. You just can't throw a pass to the opposing Defensive lineman when you are in the red zone. They should have gotten at least 3 point out of that drive. The defense probably gave up only 14 points. The rest of them came from STs and Offense.
Stlr4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
she_had_man_hands
Water Boy

Member Number: 8004

Anyone else think Del Rio looks like Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore?

she_had_man_hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #9
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by she_had_man_hands View Post
Anyone else think Del Rio looks like Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore?

you know that you think about it, he sort of does... i love that movie.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_McMurphy View Post
As a Jaguars fan I thought it showed alot of class and stand up behavior to wait for David Garrad to finish his on the field interview.
what did ben do?