Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
TheMightyEx
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8059
Default Whats your state of mind today?

Whats your state of mind today following this gut-wrenching defeat in the face of legendary victory? Over at my former forum people talk openly of taking Monday off work and of how the window is clearly closing on our team.

Its ironic because I always expected die hards to have a bit more sa** than that but perhaps this defeat really WAS crushing.

While my opinion might not be popular, I think we gave a great showing in light of our early mistakes and this team showed something we clearly lacked in December: HEART. I for one thing we have a strong core, obvious weaknesses that can be repaired in a straightforward manner, and a great foundation in our all-star QB to build around for next year.

Yes this loss sucks, but to paraphrase the words of General MacArthur: We shall return!

TheMightyEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Whats your state of mind today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyEx View Post
Whats your state of mind today following this gut-wrenching defeat in the face of legendary victory? Over at my former forum people talk openly of taking Monday off work and of how the window is clearly closing on our team.

Its ironic because I always expected die hards to have a bit more sa** than that but perhaps this defeat really WAS crushing.

While my opinion might not be popular, I think we gave a great showing in light of our early mistakes and this team showed something we clearly lacked in December: HEART. I for one thing we have a strong core, obvious weaknesses that can be repaired in a straightforward manner, and a great foundation in our all-star QB to build around for next year.

Yes this loss sucks, but to paraphrase the words of General MacArthur: We shall return!

Sounds like you might have found a new home at SF!

Anybody that thinks this team is finished had better go shopping for Brady* jerseys in the off season.........coz the Tomlin era has only just begun!
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I think that anybody that's so "devastated" that they need to take tomorrow off from work really needs to reexamine their priorities in life. "Window is closing" on this team? The window slammed shut on the Ravens last year, but the Steelers' best players are all, for the most part, under 30.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
SteelAssassin
Water Boy

Member Number: 8098

If Tomlin fires Bruce Arians on Monday morning and makes an example of him to the rest of the team that we wont tolerate spineless cowards destroying a great franchise like the Steelers, then I think we got some hope for the 2008 season.

If Tomlin decides to go "Cowher-Ball" on us and keep Arians around a few more seasons and do permanent damage to Ben's career.......WE ARE DOOMED.

SteelAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
TheMightyEx
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8059

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelAssassin View Post
If Tomlin fires Bruce Arians on Monday morning and makes an example of him to the rest of the team that we wont tolerate spineless cowards destroying a great franchise like the Steelers, then I think we got some hope for the 2008 season.

If Tomlin decides to go "Cowher-Ball" on us and keep Arians around a few more seasons and do permanent damage to Ben's career.......WE ARE DOOMED.

You think the dropoff from Wiz to Arians was worse than the dropoff due to Grimm's absence or the "contribution" of our still-and-always-awful-STs? I thought Arians did a serviceable job this year, he just picked the absolutely worst time to have a brainfart. I am a little cheesed off by our ability to blow close leads under Arians...
TheMightyEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
DP_Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8075

I'm less concerned at Arians, and more concerned with establishing a good OL to protect Ben - he was the most sacked QB this year - how far can you go and can we have thought they would go with that?

However, I do want the team to play to win, and those decisions reside with the HC and the OC.
DP_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
slippy
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5848

i'm not devastated today. completeing the comeback would have been great, but it's not like we had superior talent and blew it (like '94 and '01 champ games).

the qb sweep on 4th and 6 pissed me off, but i think arians gets another year and some o-line help; hard to call plays if you can't protect the qb/rb.

my biggest concern is i find myself jealous of the "physical" teams in the league. wow.
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

they actually do cancel classes at duke when duke loses in the ncaa tourney. or if they lose to carolina.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
steelerfan29_99
Water Boy

Member Number: 8035

I'm some what satisfied with the season, Tomlin took us to a 10-6 record and a division title in his first year, Ben really developed into a STAR QB, my concerns are with the O-Line and the Defense. we need to find a way to get Woodley in the starting lineup next year and our D-Line needs to get consistent pressure on the QB. The O-Line needs major help though Essex impressed me last night because he actually for the most part played better than the injured starters did this year. The future is bright for the Steelers and next season is just 7 months away!!!!!
steelerfan29_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

If we stay with a 3-4, don't hold your breath for increased pressure from the DL, because pressure on the QB is not the DL's role in a 3-4, it's the LBs' job.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote