Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Pounce
Water Boy

Member Number: 8113
Default To Steeler Nation

Greetings to you,

You guy's and gals wear me out. Both the Team, and you fans. And I say that respectfully. Always seems to be a knock down drag out fight when the Jags and the Steelers play.

It makes me sad we are no longer in the same division. I've always thought we had one of those 'classic' rivalries. Good natured ribbing back and forth between the fans. Hard hitting football between the players. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The Jags were built on the Steeler philosphy of play, so there ya go.

As for the game Saturday....whew! I'm sure I was yelling at the TV just as much as many of you for those of us not at the game. As before this season, it came down to the last few minutes of the game. I was worried, but less so with Garrard in there then if we still had Leftwich.

Mistakes by both teams on both sides of the ball and ST's had that game going both ways. And there were a lot of calls by the refs that were questionable or missed on both sides unfortunately. Both teams were missing players to injuries, though I would have to say the Steelers were definitely bit harder by the injury bug then the Jaguars were. Unfortunate that. At full strength for both teams and on the Steelers Home field, I would have definitely given the edge to the Steelers for the win.

In the end, the Jaguars eeked it out. I'm proud of them. Not often a team can be the only team to say they have beaten a team at home twice in the same season. A record that stood for what...75 years? Truly impressive.

I look forward to our game next year. I'm sure revenge is looking to be served. Bring it! Gotta remember to buy some throat lozenges for after the game. Didn't do that this year.

Here's to giving a Pats a run for their money Saturday!

Respectfully,
Pounce
Pounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075
Default Re: To Steeler Nation

It is always exciting against the Jags---no doubt. Good luck against the Pats. You'll have all of Steeler Nation (and I would say the fans of 30 other teams) rooting for you! Who knows, maybe you guys are the "team of destiny" this year.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Good luck against the Cheats* on Saturday! I know this Steelers fan will be pulling for the Jags all the way!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

The Jags are my adopted team but no longer than this February. Love your coach and your offensive coordinator . Maintain the Steeler style and you got a shot this week end. I would guess that you will have the support of 90 plus percent of the Steeler nation.

"Here we Jags Here we go."

Rooting for you guys helps ease the pain some what.

Michael
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
Greetings to you,

You guy's and gals wear me out. Both the Team, and you fans. And I say that respectfully. Always seems to be a knock down drag out fight when the Jags and the Steelers play.

It makes me sad we are no longer in the same division. I've always thought we had one of those 'classic' rivalries. Good natured ribbing back and forth between the fans. Hard hitting football between the players. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The Jags were built on the Steeler philosphy of play, so there ya go.

As for the game Saturday....whew! I'm sure I was yelling at the TV just as much as many of you for those of us not at the game. As before this season, it came down to the last few minutes of the game. I was worried, but less so with Garrard in there then if we still had Leftwich.

Mistakes by both teams on both sides of the ball and ST's had that game going both ways. And there were a lot of calls by the refs that were questionable or missed on both sides unfortunately. Both teams were missing players to injuries, though I would have to say the Steelers were definitely bit harder by the injury bug then the Jaguars were. Unfortunate that. At full strength for both teams and on the Steelers Home field, I would have definitely given the edge to the Steelers for the win.

In the end, the Jaguars eeked it out. I'm proud of them. Not often a team can be the only team to say they have beaten a team at home twice in the same season. A record that stood for what...75 years? Truly impressive.

I look forward to our game next year. I'm sure revenge is looking to be served. Bring it! Gotta remember to buy some throat lozenges for after the game. Didn't do that this year.

Here's to giving a Pats a run for their money Saturday!

Respectfully,
Pounce
Great post. Great respect for you as a fan and for the jags.

However, I hate playing the jags. It always seems to have those few plays that haven't gone favorably for us in our meetings. And although I look forward to tough games like this, I sometimes would rather it just be the Steelers blowing the opponents out.

I wish you the best of luck next Saturday against the patriacheats and I can only pray that the refs don't steal this game away from you guys!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695

Love to see a respectful fan and a post that truly makes the fan and the team look good. I have nothing but respect for the Jags. Imitation is in fact the highest form of flattery and I can honestly say that the Jags have got Steeler football written all over them. I would have loved to see both teams at full force, as I believe the Steelers would have come out on top, but I can't say I am discouraged in the Steelers performance. To mount a comeback like they did showed great heart.

As for the Jags, every time these two teams play it is the absolute best football to observe. Two teams playing physical, in your face, football. I enjoy it so much more than those pansy finesse teams (i.e patsies). Here's to the Jag's beating up the Patsies this week...I'm certainly rooting for the Steeler's from down south :)

Thanks for the post full of class Pounce!
Kvnfaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

jags all the way... id pull for any team playing the patriots
Old 01-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

Pounce, you have class, just like each and every Jags fan I talked to at the game at Heinz Field. Definately hard fought games between us.

Since you guys beat us, you own it to Pittsburgh to crush the Patsies!!!! I'll be waving my terrible towel for the Jags this weekend!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

I am guessing Del Rio is off the hot seat in Jacksonville now? All you Jags fans were calling for his head at the beginning of the season... Good luck against the Patriots... As much as I hate to say it though, from what I saw of Jacksonville the other day I think it is going to be an embarrassment... We can always hope though.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #10
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Classy post POUNCE... Thanks.

I hate the Jags... because they have our number.

However, you always have to give respect where it is due, and I respect them for what they have done. They came in twice and beat us. Hope they take it to the Pats next week.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote