Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
t11ravis
Water Boy

Member Number: 8117
Default New respect for Big Ben from a Jags fan

hi guys,
I am a Jags season ticket holder and the only reason I even signed up to post this was because of how impressed i am with Big Ben. Not because of the way he played (his second half was great) but because of what he did just moments after the game.

While David Garrard was giving his on-field interview Ben waited so he could personally shake his hand. I am sure he didn't want to have to wait that long to do it but he did. That shows some real character.

I bet there aren't too many other guys in the NFL that would have done that.
t11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: New respect for Big Ben from a Jags fan

ok thats whhat he did... someone else alsoposted something like this but its ok... ive learned that jags fans are pretty cool... patriots fans are still at the bottom of my shoe kine...
Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
conservativesteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8118

Actually Ben only made one terrible throw in the first half.. that pick when he rolled out to the right and got picked trying to throw to Davenport..

Otherwise the other two picks were by a great play by the jags Nose tackle.. he was falling forward.. 300lb plus guy fallign forward collects himself and jumps up and makes the int.

The other play you should know well if you are a jags fan in your twenties or even younger maybe. Rashean Mathis knows that play, he's seen it before.. he's picked it off twice before.. The steerlers showed it again.. Mathis took it to the house again.. stupid play call.. not Ben's fault. Apparantly the Steelers staff wasn't aware of that.
conservativesteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativesteelers View Post
Actually Ben only made one terrible throw in the first half.. that pick when he rolled out to the right and got picked trying to throw to Davenport..

Otherwise the other two picks were by a great play by the jags Nose tackle.. he was falling forward.. 300lb plus guy fallign forward collects himself and jumps up and makes the int.

The other play you should know well if you are a jags fan in your twenties or even younger maybe. Rashean Mathis knows that play, he's seen it before.. he's picked it off twice before.. The steerlers showed it again.. Mathis took it to the house again.. stupid play call.. not Ben's fault. Apparantly the Steelers staff wasn't aware of that.
Why isn't it Ben's fault? Couldn't he have thrown it away instead of throwing into that coverage? Especially if Mathis "knows that play"??
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
conservativesteelers
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
Why isn't it Ben's fault? Couldn't he have thrown it away instead of throwing into that coverage? Especially if Mathis "knows that play"??
No.. b/c while Mathis knew the play.. Ben and the coaching staff did not know that.. He jumped a timing route.. You can't throw something like that away.. it's a bang bang type of play.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #6
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

Thanks so much. Ben is very classy.

I was very disappointed with the Jaguar fan behind me at the game because all he kept saying was I can't believe Ben is an icon in Pittsburgh, he stinks and all this crap.

Thanks again for the comment. Garrad is also a very classy guy, he wasn't ****y after the game.

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
Phoenixus
Water Boy

Member Number: 8063

Nothing wrong with Ben,
Quite frankly there's never been a quarterback here this good. While I'm not entirely sure he has the field vision of some of the other people we've had here, his instincts at the quarterback position are generally really good outside of an off day every now and then. And better than anyone else we've had.

I've never seen a quarterback here that threw 32tds with only 11ints and had a rating of 104 before.

And that is outside of his general maturation process and leadership abillities are coming around very nicely. This guy really is a franchise quarterback. He's not just a flash in the pan.

And of course, as the Jag fan points out... his character.
Phoenixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #8
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Lol - If I was a Jaguars fan I wouldn't be singing my praise for Big Ben... He nearly embarrassed Jacksonville and definitely exposed how many weaknesses that team has mentally and physically in the second half.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
conservativesteelers
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Lol - If I was a Jaguars fan I wouldn't be singing my praise for Big Ben... He nearly embarrassed Jacksonville and definitely exposed how many weaknesses that team has mentally and physically in the second half.

Yes.. Like their pass defense.

People jump to conclusions when it comes to interceptions. The media somewhat dictates that like they do everything else. There is more that go into ints than people think. A lot of them should not be blamed on the quarterback. Some should though.. Some are just great defensive plays, some are poor predictable play calling that the defender jumps a timing route,etc..
Old 01-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #10
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Let me point out to you....

He was pointing out how classy Ben was. I thank the Jax fan for the compliment. It is very welcomed. Let's hope our fans here returns that class to the Jax fans who come into our site and pay Ben a compliment on character.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote