Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,799 Posts
Default Ward Has Right Knee Surgery - Troy Maybe

More press conference news on the medical front

Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward underwent surgery to repair a partially torn meniscus in his right knee and will need about six weeks of recovery time before beginning offseason workouts.

The surgery was done Wednesday, but was not disclosed until coach Mike Tomlin's season-ending news conference Thursday.

Ward missed three games this season because of the injury, including the Dec. 30 game at Baltimore

Tomlin said Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu may need surgery on his right knee, but will wait to see if rest cures the problem.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ines_0110.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Ward Has Right Knee Surgery - Troy Maybe

after the last 2 seasons problems with Troy he should get surgery. maybe it'll actually help him and he will come back to his old destructive ways. I miss that guy
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I wonder if HInes was playing with the partially torn ligament all along or did it happen in the last game against the jags? Either way he should have more that adequate enough time to rehab and be ready for trainning camp.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
I wonder if HInes was playing with the partially torn ligament all along or did it happen in the last game against the jags? Either way he should have more that adequate enough time to rehab and be ready for trainning camp.
He may have aggravated it, but I think this surgery is for the knee injury that caused Ward to miss games before the October bye
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #5
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
He may have aggravated it, but I think this surgery is for the knee injury that caused Ward to miss games before the October bye
Yep. Hines is a warrior. Not many players in the league like him
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

no there arent many players in the league like him. he is one tough cookie. i hope this helps and he comes back next year better.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Hines is such a special football player..........I love watching him tear up the defense! He's blocking and tearing guys off himsef while his carrying the ball, what a scrapper he is! I wish him the best in his recovery and look forward to a watching him duke it out a few more years and hopefully he'll retire a Steeler.....and end up in the HOF.

I know Troy would rather heal naturally, but maybe getting that knee cleaned out would be the best thing he could do. I sure don't want to see him sitting out ore games next year when it gets aggrevated again.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

After watching us struggle to get 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 during the season. I began thinking the other day how blessed we were to have Bettis where it was pretty much a guarantee that he was going to make that 1 or 2 yards. He's gone and we really could have used him this season because Davenport is just not cut out for that role.

Ward, when he is gone, will be viewed the same way. I love to watch that guy play. He's clutch in big games, playoff games, and yes...the greatest game...Super Bowls...as we all saw. He takes on CB's, Safeties, LB's, and DLineman.....FEARLESSLY. It might be sacrilige to say, but to me, he is the greatest Steelers receiver ever....and yes....I was around to watch all of Swann and Stallworth's careers.

It's funny how you realize how great players are when they don't play...Aaron Smith comes to mind as well.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
After watching us struggle to get 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 during the season. I began thinking the other day how blessed we were to have Bettis where it was pretty much a guarantee that he was going to make that 1 or 2 yards. He's gone and we really could have used him this season because Davenport is just not cut out for that role.

Ward, when he is gone, will be viewed the same way. I love to watch that guy play. He's clutch in big games, playoff games, and yes...the greatest game...Super Bowls...as we all saw. He takes on CB's, Safeties, LB's, and DLineman.....FEARLESSLY. It might be sacrilige to say, but to me, he is the greatest Steelers receiver ever....and yes....I was around to watch all of Swann and Stallworth's careers.

It's funny how you realize how great players are when they don't play...Aaron Smith comes to mind as well.

Great post.....how many times have I yelled at the TV......."we need Jerome"!!

I don't even want to think about a Steelers team without Hines Ward.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
The inconsistent O-line has had nothing to do with it either.