Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #51
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Steelers' Tomlin: "I throw caution to the wind. I play to win."

Wow, this post is still breathing...

as for the Pats win this past Sunday and their running game. It worked well, because the SD defense was playing pass the entire time. They had 3 picks, and were focussed so much on shutting down Brady and the passing attack, that even when the Pats came out in the 3rd quarter with a 2 tight-end set and started pounding the ball, the Chargers maintained their Nickle defense and adjusted too late to the change. And what they feared would happen did happen, just as they were starting to shut down the run, the Pats started in with the quick passes again to the outside, with their 2 tightend set, 1 receiver out, and the back out of the backfield. So the coverage was lacking. Had the chargers been able to score in the Redzone, maybe they could have taken advantage of their opportunity, but they failed.

The same people that want the Steelers to pass on 3rd and 6, or whatever, are you the same people that stood up and cheered when we'd hand the ball off 10 - 15 times in a row to kill the clock at the end of games? Are you the same fans that in 04, cheered for Parcell's decision to throw on 3rd down against the Steelers late in the game, only to see Vinny T fumble, then Kimo recovered and us score to win the game on the ensuing drive? Are you? Did you cheer for the running game then? If so, shut up your mouth about being conservative and watch Steelers football and live and die by the choices the coaches make.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #52
conservativesteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8118

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'm surprised it took this long. It doesn't surprise me that you feel vindicated since so many people around here knee-jerk after one solitary game anyway. Either a player sucks or they don't after one game in most people's minds, so this post doesn't surprise me in the least. Of course, 2 games in a row makes a career in the same folks' minds. Might I remind you that he did it against the same D that let Adrian Peterson set a new single-game rushing record earlier this year? But you go right on believing he's the next Walter Payton/Emmitt Smith/Jim Brown. Good luck with that.

Never said he should be mentioned with the greats..but to say he down right sucks, when he has battled an injury all season on a pass happy team.. is just not right. I've seen him run last year.. he isn't a bad running back by any means.
conservativesteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #53
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

I haven't been reading this thread but every time I read the title I get a chuckle after seeing the most cautious 3rd down play call (qb sweep) which cost us the game

LOL
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #54
conservativesteelers
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
I haven't been reading this thread but every time I read the title I get a chuckle after seeing the most cautious 3rd down play call (qb sweep) which cost us the game

LOL
right on!!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #55
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

I love how you two have bottled up 17 weeks of football into one play "costing us the game" and then the season since it was a playoff game we lost.

That's very narrow thinking.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #56
conservativesteelers
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
I love how you two have bottled up 17 weeks of football into one play "costing us the game" and then the season since it was a playoff game we lost.

That's very narrow thinking.
yep.. that may be .. but that is what most people remember is that one play... People are entitled to opinions.. and you would alreday know mine from reading my other posts on this board.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #57
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

I remember the QB scramble for a 1st down a little more clearly and the defense that couldn't stop anyone when it counted all year. But like you said, its all opinions.