Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #21
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: Peter King Positive On Steelers Future

to me it's the players that win championships... i think what's really important is that ben has some great young recieving threats... santonio, heath and a couple more decent years from ward... (he's also got a solid RB in mr.parker)
Old 01-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #22
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzer-inseattle View Post
Is there anything Tomlin has to prove that's different or more pressing than any other coach going into their second year as a NFL HC? I'd be interested in reading your critique.
2 things off the bat:

1) he has to prove that he doesn't panic in big games. Going for 2 from the 12 with 10 minutes left was a panic move. He has to prove that he has better game management in that aspect.

2) contrary to his own words, he has to prove that he plays to win. Playing Martyball at the end of the playoff game up a single point was not playing to win.

Prove those two areas and I'll shut up.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #23
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

All some very good points. I beleive we learn from all of them.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #24
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

I agree play to win the game and, I'm not trying to bring up Herm edwards here. That reminded me of Cohwer in some ways when we did not have a good QB. The way that we just ran the three times in the Jags game still bothers me to death. I mean the whole game we let Ben pass to win and then we all of the sudden we just give them the ball back with great field position. I wish Ben would have changed that call at the line and, atleast tried to win the game. I know hindsight is 20/20 but, it just bugs the hell out of me. Now it is on to next year and, let's hope our oline gets some help and special teams as well. In the mean time please let someone beat those cheaters!
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:16 AM   #25
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,079 Times in 569 Posts

Tomlin's last drive decision will carry with me the entire year. The PAT's were not the problem for me because they were aggressive decisions that almost worked had it not been for a phantom holding call.

The one that kills me and still does is not going for the first down on that last drive when we had just scored 3 TDs in 10 min. I cant figure out why you put the pressure on a lousy Special Teams, with their really good special teams to boot, and all that on your own 20 yard line. I get it if they were at mid field where at worst you kick it in the end zone and the jags take it at the 20. But the jags had all their time outs and the 2 min warning. One first down would have killed 2:30 min at least and they wouldn't have had any timeouts on their next drive. Their defense was GASED, you could see it. Just a stupid decision. You cant make those decisions in the playoffs, for god sakes roll out Big Ben and have him throw a couple of 5 yard passes and if nothing comes, he would at least get that scrambling. I just don't get it, what a waste......
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote