Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-24-2005, 01:47 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Thumbs down The bengals are really starting to pi$$ me off..

You know, out of all the teams in the AFCN over the years, and as much as I hate them all...I really never voiced it as much w/ the bengals.. I mean every year they sucked, no matter what coach or players they drafted; they were never a threat...so I was always like, eh, the bengals, no biggie so what..

But ya know, They're really starting to piss me off here of late. I know ur excited about winning and being contenders (atleast in ur own mind), about the future and ur fine coach in Marv Lewis, etc.

But comon, 5-1, didnt beat any playoff caliber team..you got your ass HANDED to you on a silver platter...your defensive line and LB's were blown completely off the ball all day long since the end of the first quarter, you big time RB couldnt do anything after his big first quarter or so, we shut down ur main weapon at WR, we sacked you, picked you off, and basically made your day miserable and brought you back down to earth from cloud 9 that you've been on all year..

And yet you have the audacity, to make a ridiculous comment on national TV, but more than 1 of your players that you actually think you are a better team !! The teams you beat dont hold a candle to the steelers, pats or any other play off caliber team and yet you make a statement like that !!!

Comon !!!

btw, Im not directing this to our bengal fan friends here on SF by any means..its a rant directed to players who cant admit that they got beat soundly by a team that they considered to be the measuring stick heading into this game.

As if we needed any bulletin board material for next time....
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: The bengals are really starting to pi$$ me off..

Yeah we said the same thing when we first lost to the Pats. But at least we make it close against them.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
SteelrsRck
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 698

Thats the way its been in our Division as far back as i can remember (Not just the Bungals) Browns,Ravens,Oilers etc etc.....never getting the recognition we deserve.I think Mcnair admited it one time back in the day.

They are so used to the steelers being in first place all the time that once a team exceeds us record wise and they are on top of the division momentarily they all of a sudden grow egos worse than Donald trump and "Your Fired" BS

Come Week 9 or 10 all the egos are squashed cause once again We get our title

SteelrsRck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,027 Times in 3,434 Posts
Default Reasons Why the Bengals Lost........

they think too much:

"I thought we'd win, no problem," said Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. "It didn't happen. We learned a lot."

Palmer announced: "I don't think they're that much better of a team than us. Right now, I think we're the better team. We just didn't play well enough to win."

Chad Johnson said "Let me stop playing; Ike Taylor is very good. I came into the game thinking it would be very easy, to tell you the truth.
__________________________________________________ ______________

over confident and cocky. looks like they just thought they had to show up and a 5-1 record would carry them through the game. this is where their lack of experience can hurt them, especially in the playoffs. you think the patriots or the colts would take a game against the steelers lightly? hell no. lets hope the bengals bring this same attitude to heinz field later on this season. and lets hope they keep over looking opponents along the way and their reign on top will be short lived.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Reasons Why the Bengals Lost........

Number one reason! We are better. Bottom line. Wait til we are healthy!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:27 PM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Default Re: Reasons Why the Bengals Lost........

good to have you back cleve !!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Seriously, can we get over the players thinking that they're a better team than the other team? What do you expect a player to say? "No, Pittsburgh's definitely the better team. I knew we never had a shot"?

Players should go into every game thinking that they're capable of winning it. Therefore, most players aren't going to admit that another team is superior to theirs. If they believed that, then what would be the point in even trying? "Once you're beat mentally, you might as well not even step foot onto the field."
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 PM   #8
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well those are good points cantstop85. so lets just forget about the bengals for now and move on to the ratbirds. we can deal with bengals later.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:12 PM   #9
Iron City Hangover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 732

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well those are good points cantstop85. so lets just forget about the bengals for now and move on to the ratbirds. we can deal with bengals later.
That'll be a classic. Ravens and Steelers. The rest of the nation will be in bed by 9:02 PM EST.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:30 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Seriously, can we get over the players thinking that they're a better team than the other team? What do you expect a player to say? "No, Pittsburgh's definitely the better team. I knew we never had a shot"?

Players should go into every game thinking that they're capable of winning it. Therefore, most players aren't going to admit that another team is superior to theirs. If they believed that, then what would be the point in even trying? "Once you're beat mentally, you might as well not even step foot onto the field."
You make good points and for that you get rep points..but what I fail to see is the admitting that they got beat by the better team. It was all, I didnt play well enough, we shoulda won that game, we coulda won that game

He didnt play well enough because he was under pressure all day, turning the ball over, no running game after the 1st quarter and our offense ran the ball at will all day.

The bengals are up and coming, there is NO doubt about it..but just admit when you have been beat and dont make up reasons making it seem like anything otherwise is all