Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
spiketg
Water Boy

Member Number: 8020
Default Why the Steelers will be great in '08...

Well, first of all we know we have very few easy games, forcing us to play at our consistent best but heres why I think we'll be outstanding in '08 :P.

1. Our QB - Big Ben has worked harder than any QB this season and has made amazing plays despite getting horrific protection in the pocket, now, providing we get a good or even average O-Line next season then if he can be the 3rd ranked QB in the NFL with that kinda protection then imagine what he'll do. I'm sure you'll all agree for example that Brady is only so great because he gets an unthinkable amount of time in the pocket.

2. Our RB's - not much to say :P I mean Willie P is gonna work harder than ever when he has recovered, after a bad streak this season he already said he was going to do this even before his accident. I believe that our opponents will be less expectant of our running game since its been said we'll probably mix it up more next season with our passing.

3. Defense - we all saw how our Defense regained some respect in that playoff game, if they'd played like they have been then it'd have been an easy blowout, a few draft picks here perhaps just to strengthen it?

4. Coach Tomlin - Wow, what a first season: Injuries, the playoffs, fake punt plays, and of course ... going for 2 and so on. You cannot say this guy has had a bad season, for such a young coach, even to finish top of the division is a great achievement. He can only get better.

well just to spread a few positives, hope u enjoyed, your thoughts?

1 last thing

GO STEELERS
Old 01-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Re: Why the Steelers will be great in '08...

i had a browns fan over today before i went to work out, and he asked me..."do you think he is great, everyone is so high on him and say he is soooo amazing but he hasnt done anything compared to cowher..." he ment tomlin if you havnt noticed. i told him i dont think he is amazing but he is a good coach, and that players are more important. i think tomlin is a great inexperienced coach, if he wasnt with the steelers he would of had a losing season. i think that it wasnt all him that had a good season but it was the fact that he managed the game without screwing it up, that is the difference between him and marinelli(lions coach). i really hope we can be great.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
i think tomlin is a great inexperienced coach,
I think that is an EXCELLENT way of putting it.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399
My Mood: Worried

I have been a long time Steeler fan............and not a blind homer. I think the Steelers have some big time weaknesses to address. First off the O line sucks ..........needs major upgrades. The secondary can use help as well. And the Steelers need another real back besides Willie Parker

OL priority one another RB priority two and and a stud DB priority three

And play calling that goes for instead of to lose at end game.................and we can all decide who needs to go on that............cause no guts no glory
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4eagle View Post
cause no guts no glory
true dat...

the giants went conservative in their game and came away with a win... (which i thought was very lucky)... playin conservative dont get u anywhere... but i trust tomlin and hopefully next year he'll call something else on 3rd and 6
Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
slippy
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5848

speaking of the giants, did you notice that a furious 4th quarter pass rush really improved a secondary make up of practice squad players?

we need OL and DL! a second RB and another CB are a distant third and fourth priority.
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #7
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

If we dont get our OL fixed i serious doubts for next year.

Come one guys think

Our best O line men gone.
Our D line needs to be revamped with some youthful pass rushers
We dont know how willie will overcome his injury.
Timmons and Woodley are unproven
Troy doesnt look like the troy we are used to seeing
Our special teams sucks and that will never change
Our Defense is looking old in some spots
Corner is a question
Will Ryan Clark Fully recover

Plus from the looks of it unlike this year I schedule is tough

There are a ton of questions going into '08 and I am not so sure if the steelers will be great in 08

sorry to be a downer

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #8
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
Originally Posted by verks36 View Post
If we dont get our OL fixed i serious doubts for next year.

Come one guys think

Our best O line men gone. And the beat goes on. Obviously we need some draft help, and hopefully a little FA money, but that problem will be fixed.
Our D line needs to be revamped with some youthful pass rushersAnd so it shall. Mikey T said so.
We dont know how willie will overcome his injury. Yes we do. It's not a serious break at all. He'll be perfectly healthy for training camp. It's not a bad break. Repeat. It's not a bad break
Timmons and Woodley are unproven As was James Harrison, but we let porter go. Woodley I feel outplayed Haggans almost all season when he was in.
Troy doesnt look like the troy we are used to seeingAn offseason of rest and getting the body healthy will do wonders. He's been playing on a bum knee, shoulder, everything, all season.
Our special teams sucks and that will never changeTouche'. This is the only
Our Defense is looking old in some spots
Corner is a questionEh. We could use another young body (Brandon Flowers from VT in Rd. 2, please), but until Ryan clark went down, I'm pretty sure we were #1 pass D in the league, And still finished in the top 10.
Will Ryan Clark Fully recoverLet us pray. I'm pretty sure he's got an injury tho that shouldnt be too much of a problem. He'll be back next year.

Plus from the looks of it unlike this year I schedule is toughTouche' again.

There are a ton of questions going into '08 and I am not so sure if the steelers will be great in 08

sorry to be a downer
Well hey debbie downer.
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

We are probably about 4-5 players away from being where we need to be, and I have a feeling one or two of those guys are sleepers already on the team. It DESTROYS me to hear people run down Parker. The dude was on track to gain the rushing title (or be a close second) behind an offensive line that is an insult to turnstile's everywhere to call a turnstile.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,125 Times in 4,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
It DESTROYS me to hear people run down Parker. The dude was on track to gain the rushing title (or be a close second) behind an offensive line that is an insult to turnstile's everywhere to call a turnstile.
agree 100%.

parker woulda made one hell of a difference in the jags playoff loss.

did anyone see parker run through a wide open hole this season? all his runs through the line seemed like ones where he barely squeezed through.

did anyone see parker make a gain like his 75 yarder in the superbowl, where you watch the replay and you instantly see the design of the linemen pulling and blocking to perfection, exactly as the play was drawn up?

just about every run this year was all on willie. his superbowl record run was all on the line and design.

willie, ben, heath, santonio are all 5 years in the league or younger. i cant think of a group of 4 young skill players at each offensive position that i would rather have going into the future.