Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #71
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568
Default Re: Steelers eye several positions for first-round pick

Wilson will most likely re-sign with a small contract. .i mean he really hasn't been a big target and will be a risky try to go into FA

McFadden iis a need to re-sign guy i think.. other than our 2 cb's he's the4 only one who has shown greatness and will be good after deshea is gone..

Batch , i agree that he'll stay in pitt and he is prob one of the best back ups in the league

Tuman, he is gone.. ir this yr and with speath coming in and doing well, so he's gone

Smith, i think we will resign him unless we can find a better player in FA or draft

Farrior...we have timmons alrdy so we re-sign him for a small contract or he goes bye bye

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:21 AM   #72
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
McFadden iis a need to re-sign guy i think.. other than our 2 cb's he's the4 only one who has shown greatness and will be good after deshea is gone..

Farrior...we have timmons alrdy so we re-sign him for a small contract or he goes bye bye
greatness? besides returning 1 INT for a TD he did next to nothing... i think deshea should move to FS... thats just my opinion... i agree with ur farrior observations either keep farrior if u are unsure about timmons or let him go... timmons should be competing with foote but should get farrior's job..
Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #73
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
greatness? besides returning 1 INT for a TD he did next to nothing... i think deshea should move to FS... thats just my opinion... i agree with ur farrior observations either keep farrior if u are unsure about timmons or let him go... timmons should be competing with foote but should get farrior's job..
Greatness...McFadden.

05, Bettis fumbles, Manning gets the ball, drives down field, eventually on 2nd tosses to the endzone, McFadden breaks up the play. on 3rd down, McFadden once again breaks up the pass play. On 4th, Colts miss the field goal, the rest his history.

So yes, McFadden has shown flashes of Greatness. He just needs more playing time to gain the confidence it will take to be a week in and week out everydown starting corner. Plus, Gay on the roster really pushes our D-backs to step up or step out cause that kid from Louisville has potential to be an awesome corner.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #74
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Quote:
I agree with Deshea at FS, that is if Clark does'nt come back 100%. Either way IMO, he is a valuable player because of his experience. Is he the next Woodson?, no but I think we need all the help we can get in the secondary and he is capable of making the move to safety. Ryan Clark should start if healthy, Deshea can be #2.

That said, I think we need to draft someone for the secondary. I would'nt be mad with Cason (who can return punts also) or R. Smith (who could project to CB or S) in the 1st.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #75
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i think deshea might be too slow to cover half the field depending on the coverage.. i agree we need to get a cb/s in the first day to get some reps on d.

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #76
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
Dude, I would love deshea lining up w/ troy in the backfield .... and Leodis McKelvin (sp? I think i totally messed that up) as a first round pick, or brandon flowers in the second round after a first round OT

Ike-big physical fast corner
flowers-play maker blazing speed best man cover corner in draft
B-mac, solid backup and nickle corner

HOWEVER, I like deshea gone, Bmac given a chance, and keep Clark at safety.
Tomlin wants to get younger, moving our oldest corner to a diff starting position doesnt do that at all. We do need another corner tho, a legit one. A first day corner.
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:28 AM   #77
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Greatness...McFadden.

05, Bettis fumbles, Manning gets the ball, drives down field, eventually on 2nd tosses to the endzone, McFadden breaks up the play. on 3rd down, McFadden once again breaks up the pass play. On 4th, Colts miss the field goal, the rest his history.

So yes, McFadden has shown flashes of Greatness. He just needs more playing time to gain the confidence it will take to be a week in and week out everydown starting corner. Plus, Gay on the roster really pushes our D-backs to step up or step out cause that kid from Louisville has potential to be an awesome corner.
dude 05 playoffs?

if the last "great play" you can name was TWO FULL YEARS AGO, you are lookin too hard my friend.

you can't tell me you base greatness on him luckily falling in the way of a reggie wayne fade pass in the corner. (not luckily, exagerating, but you get the point man, TWO YEARS!?!?!?!)
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote