Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'

I hope they ask how he would change the consitution in the debate.

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

Huckster at it again!
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'

I thought you were against Huckabee? That is actually pretty smart on his part. The majority of voters in the US are Christians, a good many strong Christians. Particularly the older crowd will buy into what he is saying if no one else and I don't think it will really lose him too many voters... That article was really short.... This quote made up a large part of it lol - And it is a good one.

Quote:
"If someone without his charm," said that, "he'd be dismissed as a crackpot, but he's Mike Huckabee and he's basically the front-runner."
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I thought you were against Huckabee? That is actually pretty smart on his part. The majority of voters in the US are Christians, a good many strong Christians. Particularly the older crowd will buy into what he is saying if no one else and I don't think it will really lose him ay voters... That article was really short.... This quote made up a large part of it lol - And it is a good one.
Did you fail history in school? One of the pillars of the American system is Freedom of Religion! You can't claim that there's Freedom of Religion when you put God in the Constitution. The Founding Fathers didn't put God in the Constitution for a reason.

Besides, if you believe that The Huckster is the front runner, you're sadly deluded. He had one nice victory, but he shat the bed in Michigan. The race is between Romney and McCain with The Huckster serving as nothing more than the Redneck Sideshow.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,306 Times in 475 Posts

Yep, that's definitely frightening. I don't want to live in a Theocracy. If I did, I'd pack my bags and move to Teheran.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Did you fail history in school? One of the pillars of the American system is Freedom of Religion! You can't claim that there's Freedom of Religion when you put God in the Constitution. The Founding Fathers didn't put God in the Constitution for a reason.
Freedom of Religion is all well and good, but we have English as our official language and other people choose to speak other languages. Plus, just because the founding fathers did something doesn't mean it can't be changed. They were just politicians and normal people like us today.

I'm not going to get into a shitting match with you, but if the majority of the US was Muslim and I was Christian (Just for example) I wouldn't feel violated at all if the country changed the way the government worked based off of their beliefs. Just like anything else, the biggest groups of people who believe in a certain thing get it done. That is how the president is elected, that is what makes things sell, that is how our American Idol is selected - That is just how it works. If you are in a minority, well too bad.

I am not necessarily saying I agree with Huckabee, but I can see how it could work.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yep, that's definitely frightening. I don't want to live in a Theocracy. I f I did, I'd pack my bags and move to Teheran.
You're not the first person to make that comparison. The Huckster represents that minuscule number of Americans who seem to think that this is a "Christian" country. Not surprisingly, you find most of these people in the backwoods and off the beaten path. They've never really had the exposure to a wider variety of people that would open their eyes to the fact that America is anything but a Christian nation. You have Jews, Muslims, atheists, agnostics, and various Eastern religions here as well. When you start talking about making America a "Christian" nation, you start really offending people.

There's a reason The Huckster came in 3rd in Michigan. As states like Michigan and Pennsylvania go, so goes the election.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Freedom of Religion is all well and good, but we have English as our official language and other people choose to speak other languages. Plus, just because the founding fathers did something doesn't mean it can't be changed. They were just politicians and normal people like us today.

I'm not going to get into a shitting match with you, but if the majority of the US was Muslim and I was Christian (Just for example) I wouldn't feel violated at all if the country changed the way the government worked based off of their beliefs. Just like anything else, the biggest groups of people who believe in a certain thing get it done. That is how the president is elected, that is what makes things sell, that is how our American Idol is selected - That is just how it works. If you are in a minority, well too bad.
The Democratic system was developed to protect the rights of the minority from the oppression of the majority. I honestly think you should go and look in to taking a government class at a local community college because you seem to have our system of government totally backwards.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

OK. Which God? There is equal evidence for any of them. God is an item of faith, not proof, and should not have any place in the Constitution. This is a democracy, not a theocracy.

Huck's a nice guy, but he's a whack-job. But a lot of what he says makes sense... except that in the end he's a whack-job.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,367 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post

Huck's a nice guy, but he's a whack-job. But a lot of what he says makes sense... except that in the end he's a whack-job.
lol

speaking of whack-jobs.... for some reason, when i read this, the 1st thing that popped into my mind was charlie mansons quote-

Quote:
No sense makes sense.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
Jeremy
Banned

The wheels are going to fall off for The Huckster soon enough. Romney took Michigan and McCain took New Hampshire.

Iowa was a nice little victory, but don't think for a second that he could repeat that win in a power state. He might be able to grab a spot in a Republican President's cabinet, but his hopes of Prez and VP are going down the drain.