Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Classifieds

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-18-2008, 04:57 AM   #11
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: Selling my PSL's

how great those tickets sound...

so close yet so far away...
Old 01-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #12
rhino
Water Boy

Member Number: 4784

I wish I could keep them but I just can't. Thanks for all the emails by the way. I'll do my best to get back to all of them as quickly as possible.
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #13
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,245 Times in 1,804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydfan4life View Post
....... April Fools............. in January............. RIGHT?????
....hey llyod, why don't ou grab those psl & tickets, and i'll go to a few games as your guest !!! i'll even bring the beer !!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #14
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

Here's my question. How do the people on the waiting list ever move up if you can sell the PSL to whoever wants it? Do all the season ticket holders also have to buy a PSL? Also, if you just give it up, do the Steelers sell another PSL for those seats and make more money?
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #15
m4mica
Water Boy

Member Number: 8143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina View Post
Here's my question. How do the people on the waiting list ever move up if you can sell the PSL to whoever wants it? Do all the season ticket holders also have to buy a PSL? Also, if you just give it up, do the Steelers sell another PSL for those seats and make more money?
Bottom line the waiting list is not moving or will move unless they add seats. All ticket holders have to buy a PSL. If you give it up you don't get your money back and the Steelers can resell to someone on the list.

These days if you really want season tickets, you're going to need to get a PSL from EBay, Craigslist, etc. In the past if you didn't want your tickets anymore you would just give up your spot as a season ticket holder and the Steelers would offer it to someone else. However, with the PSLs you can sell your right to season tickets to the highest bidder. There's no way someone is going to give them back to the Steelers and get no money when they could sell them for several thousand dollars. If you paid, say $1500 per seat for a PSL and could give them to the Steelers for free or sell them on Ebay for 10x that, the answer is obvious. It's unfortunate that the Steelers have essentially given up control of the season ticket rights, but for the $65M (or whatever it was) they generated when they started the PSLs I guess it was worth it.

"Act Like You've Been There."

Last edited by m4mica; 01-19-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added more info
m4mica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:32 AM   #16
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836

Excuse my ignorance but do fans pay for a PSL as well as paying for the season ticket?
sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #17
rhino
Water Boy

Member Number: 4784

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino View Post
I'm moving and need to sell my PSL's. I have 2 seats in section 506. They are seats 1 and 2 - the aisle seats. Sitting on the aisle makes things real nice so you don't have to step over people every time you need to go to the bathroom or get some drinks.

The view of the whole field and scoreboard is great. Bathrooms, snacks, and a Steelers store are all within a few steps of the section.

Just to be clear, what I am offering is the Personal Seat License for two seats - that means if you buy these you have rights to buy Steelers season tickets and playoff tickets for as long as you decide to own them.

I am putting them up for best offer but will not accept less than the 12k I paid for them. Please contact me with any questions/offers.

jvm127@live.com
Here is an ebay link to these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=tab%3DSelling
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #18
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
Excuse my ignorance but do fans pay for a PSL as well as paying for the season ticket?
In the beginning, you pay for the PSL. You don't continue to pay for it every year - it's what gives you the right to buy the tickets. But, you must buy your tickets every year, for each PSL that you have, or you are forfeiting your rights to the tickets.
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Sounds good to me MOP........ BUT........ after I buy them I'm probably going to have to move in with you.
WoodsonsGirl would NOT be happy!!

...... and she'd probably even have all her friends looking for me
not happy ??? she gets to be our designated driver....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
That's not gonna work. She's not allowed anywhere close to the city of Pittsburgh on gameday. Every game I've ever taken her to they've lost. She's banned from attending anymore games........ which in all actuality works out really good for you. If I buy these PSL's I'll definitely need someone to go along to the games!
.....i guess we'll have to designate one of her friends to drive....does she have any better lookin friends than these...