Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032
Default The 2007 Season - A disappointment overall.

Well, for me personally, the football season ended when our guys lost.

But tonight, it has CONCLUDED for me since this Super Bowl is going to suck, and overall, I feel let down by the 2007 season this year. #1, the Cheatriots* truthfully ruined it for me by being focused on for so much of the season and it just makes me sick. There's so many reasons, from the cheating in Week 1, to the refs assistance in wins at Baltimore and NY, and the CONSTANT praise for Tom Brady* and the rest of those bums on that team.

#2, the outcome of these playoffs, in my opinion, did not leave the teams worthy of being in the Super Bowl standing. It had some exciting moments (Favre's deep bomb for game winning TD at Denver, the Bills vs. Cowboys Monday night game, the Ravens & Giants games versus the Cheatriots, Witten's run without a helmet, Devin Hester).

As of today though, I will not be watching anymore football until I venture down to Latrobe for the training camp bonanza. I am boycotting the Super Bowl simply because the Cheatriots* do not deserve a spot in it, and I do not care for the Giants whatsoever, especially Coughlin.

I may be bitter, but I am just really irked with how this season ended

Thanks for listening to me rant.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,152 Times in 3,214 Posts
Default Re: The 2007 Season - A disappointment overall.

I of course will watch the SB (kind of like a junkie shooting up bad heroin if no good heroin is available) but in terms of a collection of loathsome personalities it is hard to top Belicheat-Brady-Bruschi v. Coughlin-Eli-Plax
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Yep, the constant and over-the-top media knobslobbing of the Pats* for the entire season, particularly after they were caught cheating, made this season a very forgettable one for me. I was happy with the start of Tomlin's career as our HC and the way Ben bounced back from '06, but that was about the extent of what I was actually happy about this season. Once again, a VERY forgettable season.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I'll watch the Super Bowl, but I'll be pretty much inclined to agree. This season as a whole blew, and I'll never be anymore happier to see it end.

What's even worse is now non-New England NFL fans will probably have to endure Patsie nutsucking for the next 7 months. That is, assuming the Giants can't pull off some kind of miracle in Arizona.

This season has some good memories, Ben bouncing back, but his great season was spoiled by his playoff game against Jacksonville.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I was happy with the start of Tomlin's career as our HC and the way Ben bounced back from '06, but that was about the extent of what I was actually happy about this season. Once again, a VERY forgettable season.
I meant to post up the positive things that the Steelers did that I was happy about, so thanks for doing that! haha I do think the Steelers had an overall good season, but not as good as they were made out to be, and I think there's still room for improvement next year. I just hope more teams do well next year. Seemed like there were only a small number of teams with double digit wins.

Ugh, the offseason now.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i will watch and hope someone hurts brady. i dont care if that sounds bad, i just want to see him knocked out of a game for once and cry about it.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yep, the constant and over-the-top media knobslobbing of the Pats* for the entire season, particularly after they were caught cheating, made this season a very forgettable one for me. I was happy with the start of Tomlin's career as our HC and the way Ben bounced back from '06, but that was about the extent of what I was actually happy about this season. Once again, a VERY forgettable season.
Yeah for me, this year was supposed to be my dream year. My High School would win States, Penn State would win the National Championship, and the Steelers would win the Super Bowl. This has been more then forgetable year.

For the NFL, it was 3x as forgetable. It's even more depressing it's going to go out sour again. Could have went out high to.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Like I said in another thread, I accepted a long time ago that the Patriots were going to win the SB.

The season stunk the way the Steelers season ended, but I got a brief reprieve when the Cowboys lost. I can't tell you how much that meant to me because I live in Texas and work with the most obnoxious Cowboy fans ever.

If I don't want to hear about the Patriots, all I have to do is not watch or listen to ESPN or the NFL Network.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
Like I said in another thread, I accepted a long time ago that the Patriots were going to win the SB.

The season stunk the way the Steelers season ended, but I got a brief reprieve when the Cowboys lost. I can't tell you how much that meant to me because I live in Texas and work with the most obnoxious Cowboy fans ever.

If I don't want to hear about the Patriots, all I have to do is not watch or listen to ESPN or the NFL Network.
I wouldn't mind hearing about them committing the greatest choke in NFL history.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #10
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

I'll watch the Super Bowl because I am a football/sports fan and it is the biggest event of the year. If the Pats win then I will turn off the ceremony to avoid the slurping, but the game yes.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote