Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #21
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568
Default Re: Tomlin's mantra: Youth must be served

yea. i think we do need to re-sign starks..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quarterback: NO NEED. Ben, Batch. Pierre might not even make it to TC.

Running Back: I wouldn't call this a need. I like Gary Russell as a bruiser short yardage guy.

Wide Reciever: Ward and Holmes are excellent starters. We drafted Dallas Baker (The Touchdown Maker) in the seventh round last year. He's 6'3" tall. He's not Plax-tall, but I think he can be tall enough. I can do without Cedric Wilson. Washington can be a solid #3 if he could catch more than he drops. I cans ee us taking a takk receiver in rounds 4-5.

Tight End: No need. I don't know the severity of Tuman's injury, maybe we take a blocker in like round 7 if he can't get healthy.

Tackle: We will be losing one if not both Smith and Starks. I think Starks did a helluva job at LT, I wouldn't mind resigning him and putting him there. I think we take a tackle in the first round.

Gaurd: I think Willie Colon is a much better fit at gaurd than tackle. Maybe move Sean Mahan over to replace Faneca. Mahan did play gaurd for Tampa Bay, and I think he would be much better at gaurd than center.

Center: Mahan is not the answer here. I would love to see us sign a mauler in FA to take over this position. Someone with Dirt Dawson type qualities. I have read some stuff on Stapleton getting a shot, but I wouldn't bet on him taking the starting spot.

Defensive Tackle: I like Big Snack. But I think we need someone to groom to eventually take over. Hampton isn't getting any younger. I also think it would help Hampton if we could relieve him at points in the game rather than have him take as many defensive snaps. Keep him fresh.

Defensive End: We all saw what happened when we lost Aaron Smith. We have absolutley no depth at this position. We need a guy who can come in and take over as a starter when Smith or Keisel are gone. And like with Hampton, it wouldn't hurt to have someone to rotate in and keep everyone fresh.

Outside Linebacker: It will be Woodley taking over for Haggans (who will not be resigned), with Harrison staying in his spot. I think we'll take an OLB late in the draft (6th round) for depth and ST.

Middle Linebacker: Foote will have competition from Timmons for his spot. If anything, hopefully Timmons can come in and help keep Foote and Farrior fresh. I expect this to be Farrior's last year with the Steelers. He's getting up there in age, and I don't see him getting a new contract. I don't think we look at the MLB position in this draft, but next year it could be our first round pick.

Saftey: Polamalu is a beast. Hopefully next year the injury bug won't hit him. We all saw what Ryan Clark meant to this secondary when we lost him. I hope he can recover from his spleen injury and play next year. Anthony Smith has the drive, he just needs to make better desicions and stick to his assignment, I think he'll be a beast. Tyrone Carter played valiantly, but he's too small.

Cornerback: Ike Taylor is a beast, just remember if he could catch balls consitantly he'd be a wide reciever. Deshea Townsend is valuable, I love having his veteran experience on the team. Bryant McFadden has shown moments of brilliance and moments of stupidity. But this may be the year he takes Townsend's job if he can show consitency. William Gay is a guy to keep an eye on, I expect him to be in all the nickel and dime sets, along with being in the CB rotation.

---------

I think we need to find a guy to return kickoffs and punts. We can't use Holmes, he's to valuable at WR to risk losing him to an injury returning on ST. We had some horrible starting position this season, our return game is the reason for that.

We also need guys who can provide special teams coverage. I think Timmons can do that if he doesn't take Foote's linebacker spot. Otherwise when we draft guys late, they better be able to contribute on ST.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #23
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
We'll be taking an O-lineman in the first round. No worries there folks. Most likely D-line in the 2nd round, then O-line again in the 3rd, and filling the rest of the draft with DBs, and WRs, maybe a RB really late.

We don't need QB
We don't need TE
We don't need a P
We don't need a K
We don't need LBs
We don't need RBs (well maybe a new #2 guy)
We may need Corners but we are pretty loaded there, just need guys to play better.
We don't need Safeties, either type.
We need a Center, A tackle and at least 1 guard on offense
We need a young nose tackle to groom, and a DE to groom and get time for injuries.
Oh, and we need special team monsters.
Is This All We Need?
I still think that your kind of wrong about LB's. We still need to find a replacement for James Farrior. His time is ticking away. I think that maybe Timmons will be the man for that job, but what about getting someone to take Foote's position? Foote hasnt made as many plays this past season and maybe a player like Jeremy Lehman would be a nice fit in the 2nd round.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #24
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I dont see taking another LB earlier than the 4th unless we pick up a pick in a trade none of us see coming. After drafting LBs in round 1 and 2 last year, you pretty much say "these guys are the future" and then you need to focus on what ails you now. Which, everyone agrees is O-line.

I still would love Felix Jones with the first pick, I bet we could still get good Oline help in the 2nd and 3rd round with some free agency help. But I'm an idiot that wants a stud returner and a stud 2nd or 3rd down back late in games that an out run most guys in the SEC, and that means, the NFL. But I'm sure the Steelers will take O-line, cause they know if they don't, their future at that position only gets worse, and I know that too, I'm just thinking for my Madden game next year, having Felix returning kicks would be fantastic. I'll have to "modify" the roster to get him.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote