Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 AM   #11
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Brady in a boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Just one more tidbit of bullshit to add to the Cheats* long, long, LONG list of fallacies.

that is too much..

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #12
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

i sure hope the Giants defense hits Brady so hard he ends up in a cast for real, not just show.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #13
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Seems like His Fairyness got caught without his "boot". Me definitely smells bullshit now.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Photos Show Tom Brady Shed Walking Boot

By HOWARD ULMAN
AP Sports Writer

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Has Tom Brady given the boot to the boot? Hours after being photographed with a walking boot on his right foot as he followed girlfriend Gisele Bundchen into her New York apartment on Monday, other pictures showed the New England Patriots quarterback wearing black shoes - and no boot - when he showed up at a New York hotspot.

The Web site PageSix.com had two photos - credited to INFDaily.com - that showed Brady wearing blue jeans and a black sweater with the black shoes and no boot. In one photo, he was followed by Bundchen as they arrived at the club Butter in New York, the Web site said.

Earlier Monday, several Web sites had photos - credited to infphoto.com - that showed Brady wearing a walking boot on his right foot. A video of Brady walking with a slight limp from an SUV to Bundchen's home is also available on TMZ.com.

Brady, this season's NFL MVP, and the New England Patriots are headed to the Feb. 3 Super Bowl against the New York Giants.

The chief of the foot and ankle division at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston said Brady doesn't appear to be seriously injured.

Dr. Chris Chiodo, who is not treating Brady, said he has used a boot to treat several ailments, including a sprain, a strain, a bone bruise, tendinitis or overuse of the foot. He said he strongly doubted Brady had a displaced fracture.

"I don't think he'd be walking on it if that were the case," Chiodo, an orthopedic surgeon told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the team had no comment. Brady's agent, Donald Yee, did not return a phone call or e-mail seeking comment.

Brady did not appear to be limping during Sunday's game before he was sacked by Igor Olshansky and Stephen Cooper with just over eight minutes to go. He had thrown three interceptions before that. After the sack, he completed all four of his passes.

Brady has been extremely durable in his NFL career. He started his 126th consecutive game Sunday when the Patriots beat San Diego 21-12 in the AFC championship. In that game, the Chargers' Philip Rivers took all his team's snaps and threw for 211 yards despite arthroscopic surgery on his right knee six days earlier.

The Patriots backup quarterbacks are Matt Cassel and Matt Gutierrez. Cassel has thrown 39 passes in his three NFL seasons, all with New England. Gutierrez, a rookie, completed the only pass he threw this season.

Coach Bill Belichick was not available for comment Tuesday. He was not asked about Brady's physical condition during his news conference Monday. Players were given three days off after Sunday's game and were not available.

During his weekly radio appearance on WEEI on Monday, Brady was asked if his leg was injured.

"Ah, you know, there's always bumps and bruises. I'll be ready for the Super Bowl," he said before the photos and video emerged. "I'm not worried about that. I'm not missing this one. I'd have to be on a stretcher to miss this one. There will be treatment this week. In games like this, you get a little nicked up. It's nothing serious."

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #14
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

A real Puss in Boots he is.

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
A real Puss in Boots he is.
Yeah, sort of like that sore right shoulder he's faking.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #16
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,936 Times in 1,668 Posts

[/IMG]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #17
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

I think its probably another one of his fashion statements.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #18
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Quote:
And in today's news...the new fashon statement in Boston is the walking boot! Everyone has been doing it since the New England Patriot's Tom Brady was caught wearing one on an ininjured leg in New York!

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #19
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032

What an idiot. Anything to try to make him out to be perfect and a hero. Criminitly. Id love to see him get crushed by the G-men in the first quarter, miss the rest of the game, and have their backup who hasn't seen action since 3rd qyarter of the Dolphins game try and take over.

Eli woudl then be a hero :lol:
Old 01-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #20
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Well, tell the schmuck to add this to his list of fashion statements so that his spawn aren't spread all over the country . . . Dude probably gets cards from all over the world on Fathers Day.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote