Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Heath Ledger found dead

Actor Heath Ledger Found Dead In NYC

NEW YORK (CBS) ― A New York Police Department spokesman says the actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence.

Ledger had recently separated from his wife, actress Michelle Williams. The couple have one daughter, Matilda, reports CBS station WCBS-TV in New York.

He is appearing in the next installment of the "Batman" movie opposite Christian Bale as the infamous "Joker" and was in the midst of filming "The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus."

Ledger was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said that Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment that is believed to be his home.

The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m., said Browne.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.

http://kdka.com/national/Heath.Ledge....2.635534.html
Old 01-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,797 Times in 3,690 Posts
Default Re: Heath Ledger found dead

jokes about tom brady being seen and photographed delivering "flowers" in NYC aside...

that sucks. heath was a pretty cool actor. hopefully it isnt a case of talent wasted like with river phoenix.

dogtown
the patriot
10 things i hate about you

were probably my 3 favorites of his.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Plus he got rave reviews for work as The Joker in the new Batman.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
jokes about tom brady being seen and photographed delivering "flowers" in NYC aside...

that sucks. heath was a pretty cool actor. hopefully it isnt a case of talent wasted like with river phoenix.

dogtown
the patriot
10 things i hate about you

were probably my 3 favorites of his.
While I'm not a big comic book guru, I've always enjoyed the Batman movies. Batman 1, 2 and Batman Begins. The rest stunk in my opinion. Clooney and Kilmer as Batman was just not cutting it for me.

When I first heard Ledger was playing the Joker I was sort of skeptical and I still am to a degree. While I enjoyed the Patriot (even though it lacked historical accuracy), I'm having a hard time picturing Heath Ledger as a villian.

I'm attempting to keep an open mind. If I recall correctly, your pretty big on comic books Tony, do you think he will pull it off?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Plus he got rave reviews for work as The Joker in the new Batman.
yea i cant wait to see the movie when it comes out. didnt think any1 could come close to jack nicholson's performance as the joker but all the previews ive seen heath was just as good if not better
Old 01-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

It is now being reported (on KDKA TV) that it is "possibly drug related".
Old 01-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

It's been written that playing The Joker in the way he did put a lot of strain on him mentally.

Maybe this was a side effect.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Hell, I'll take dressing up, playing somebody I'm not for millions of dollars while dating super models. I think I can handle the mental "strain" while sipping my $500.00 bottle of red and smoking a good cigar while vacationing on my privately owned island. Maybe that's just me?

This may sound cold to some, but if that is the case (on why he broke down), I'd hate to see what would have happened if he actually worked a 'real' job.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,797 Times in 3,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
While I'm not a big comic book guru, I've always enjoyed the Batman movies. Batman 1, 2 and Batman Begins. The rest stunk in my opinion. Clooney and Kilmer as Batman was just not cutting it for me.

When I first heard Ledger was playing the Joker I was sort of skeptical and I still am to a degree. While I enjoyed the Patriot (even though it lacked historical accuracy), I'm having a hard time picturing Heath Ledger as a villian.

I'm attempting to keep an open mind. If I recall correctly, your pretty big on comic books Tony, do you think he will pull it off?
im with you on the batman movies. jack stole the show as the joker.

i can see heath pulling it off. i cant put him up there with j. depp as far as versatility goes but you could almost say he was a villain in dogtown. if not a villain he was definitely an ******* and i totally lost sight that it was an "actor" playing a "character".

if his death was an OD perhaps that role wasnt too far of a stretch for him.

i think it will be good, and really dont have problems when movie adaptations stray a little from the comics they originate from. (i just like the comics getting recognition and being brought to the big screen).

i have a friend who still will not watch the fantastic 4 because he cant get over the movie putting dr. doom in outerspace with the "4" and obtaining super powers. (not how dr doom originated in the comics)
Old 01-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #10
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im with you on the batman movies. jack stole the show as the joker.

i can see heath pulling it off. i cant put him up there with j. depp as far as versatility goes but you could almost say he was a villain in dogtown. if not a villain he was definitely an ******* and i totally lost sight that it was an "actor" playing a "character".

if his death was an OD perhaps that role wasnt too far of a stretch for him.

i think it will be good, and really dont have problems when movie adaptations stray a little from the comics they originate from. (i just like the comics getting recognition and being brought to the big screen).

i have a friend who still will not watch the fantastic 4 because he cant get over the movie putting dr. doom in outerspace with the "4" and obtaining super powers. (not how dr doom originated in the comics)
Never read Fantastic 4 (or any other comic for that matter), but I saw the movie only because I wanted to see Alba in that 'suit'.

I was not crazy about the movie at all.

HBO used to have a Spawn series on a few years back and I really enjoyed that series. Kind of sucked me in.