Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #21
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617
Default Re: I'm not even sure what title to give this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
He's no better than she is. They're both pieces of crap.
Oh thank you, Jeremy that was very intelligent, and I thought the Air Force had higher standards, unless of course your a civilian working there, then I understand. But let me tell you this, I am going to pray for you.

As for myself, I have seen more death and destruction in my lifetime than you can imagine in your very short one. I have had young children, middle aged and old people die in my arms as a Paramedic and a PA, here in the states, because of drive by’s, car accidents, fires, drowning and sickness.

As a POW I saw the NVA force fellow POW’s play Russian roulette and bet on how soon they would die. I had my toenails pulled out with pliers, the bottom of my feet ground off with a disk sander and bamboo shoved into my ears tearing the eardrum and damaging the ear it self.

How can I laugh about death, I face it every day, when I wake up and when I go to sleep. You see I am on a heart transplant list and not far up on it. I have only 1/3 of a working heart. Do I cry about it, not on your or my life, I laugh about it. I CHOOSE to laugh. I Choose to try and make others laugh, maybe help them forget their troubles for just a little while. It sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't but I try all the same. Laughter is better than crying anytime, no matter who you are, or who you think you are.

I will end this now but before you call me names again be sure you know who you are calling names, it may come back and bite you butt. And as far as me being a piece of crap, I have been called worse, like when I came home after being a POW for over 3 years by people in my own country. I can picture you as one of them now. But I will pray for you all the same.

But I will tell you this, come to my house and call me names face to face and they will carry you off the property. That is not a threat it is a promise. I tried to be nice, but since you just said you are not nice I guess I don't have to be either do I. Your a Hypocrite Jeremy and a disgrace to the Steelers Nation, Thank God your not a Browns fan.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?

Last edited by TroysBadDawg; 01-25-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: My correction to Jeremy please forgive me for saying you kind.
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #22
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post
Oh thank you, Jeremy that was very intelligent, and I thought the Air Force had higher standards, unless of course your a civilian working there, then I understand. But let me tell you this, I am going to pray for you.

As for myself, I have seen more death and destruction in my lifetime than you can imagine in your very short one. I have had young children, middle aged and old people die in my arms as a Paramedic and a PA, here in the states, because of drive by?s, car accidents, fires, drowning and sickness.

As a POW I saw the NVA force fellow POW?s play Russian roulette and bet on how soon they would die. I had my toenails pulled out with pliers, the bottom of my feet ground off with a disk sander and bamboo shoved into my ears tearing the eardrum and damaging the ear it self.

How can I laugh about death, I face it every day, when I wake up and when I go to sleep. You see I am on a heart transplant list and not far up on it. I have only 1/3 of a working heart. Do I cry about it, not on your or my life, I laugh about it. I CHOOSE to laugh. I Choose to try and make others laugh, maybe help them forget their troubles for just a little while. It sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't but I try all the same. Laughter is better than crying anytime, no matter who you are, or who you think you are.

I will end this now but before you call me names again be sure you know who you are calling names, it may come back and bite you butt. And as far as me being a piece of crap, I have been called worse, like when I came home after being a POW for over 3 years by people in my own country. I can picture you as one of them now. But I will pray for you all the same.
After all you had been through, I though a story like this would offend you. But instead of being offended by a woman who laughs about killing someone, you see fit to somehow defend her. I simply don't get that. there's nothing to laugh at in this story.

I just don't understand how a man who dedicates his life to trying to save people can defend someone who takes life without an ounce of remorse.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #23
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post

As for myself, I have seen more death and destruction in my lifetime than you can imagine in your very short one. I have had young children, middle aged and old people die in my arms as a Paramedic and a PA, here in the states, because of drive by’s, car accidents, fires, drowning and sickness.

As a POW I saw the NVA force fellow POW’s play Russian roulette and bet on how soon they would die. I had my toenails pulled out with pliers, the bottom of my feet ground off with a disk sander and bamboo shoved into my ears tearing the eardrum and damaging the ear it self.

But I will tell you this, come to my house and call me names face to face and they will carry you off the property. That is not a threat it is a promise. I tried to be nice, but since you just said you are not nice I guess I don't have to be either do I. Your a Hypocrite Jeremy and a disgrace to the Steelers Nation, Thank God your not a Browns fan.
Troy, I totally understand you. you laugh cause that's what keeps you from being a sad and depressed person. that's what death does to people, and laughing is the best cure for it

you my friend are a true hero and you've got my complete respect, and you should not have to explain yourself to someone who disrespects you

If I get to be half the person you are I will consider myself fortunate. again, thanks for your service dude
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #24
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

you my friend are a true hero and you've got my complete respect, and you should not have to explain yourself to someone who disrespects you
I love Troy to pieces but this is a board. When things are posted there is no way in many cases read and interpret beyond the wording of the post itself. Knowing the person who is posting can affect how you interpret a post. On a board the size of Steelers Fever it is hard to really know most people. But still, it is only natural that some people will disagree on some things.

~ 3 Doors Down

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 01-26-2008 at 08:03 AM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #25
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

We all laugh at the inevitable and awful. It's a natural emotional defense mechanism. The expression "whistling past the graveyard" is perfectly apropos.

Picking just this case or just that situation to suddenly be offended at in the midst of a sea of "whistling past the graveyard" is disingenuous. Is this woman a POS? Sure. But isn't she also wide open to criticism even if it's humorous? If Leno or Stern or Letterman made a joke are they pieces of shit too?
Old 01-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #26
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

maybe i didnt read it clearly, but i dont get how that at all.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #27
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
We all laugh at the inevitable and awful. It's a natural emotional defense mechanism. The expression "whistling past the graveyard" is perfectly apropos.

Picking just this case or just that situation to suddenly be offended at in the midst of a sea of "whistling past the graveyard" is disingenuous. Is this woman a POS? Sure. But isn't she also wide open to criticism even if it's humorous? If Leno or Stern or Letterman made a joke are they pieces of shit too?
Good points..

What I would wonder however, is if they were the ones that caused the death, and then came back and made jokes about it.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #28
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

TBD, you have my gratitude for serving.

I work with a guy (friend) that did 2 tours in the first Gulf War. He watched 29 of his buddies die when a SCUD missile hit a building he had just left. When he returned home he had nightmares about it for a long time (I suspect he still does). He carries the burden ( and in his words, shame) of not dying with his buddies because he left the building just before the missile hit.

He has pretty much the same point of view as you. He is kind of harsh at times... very abrassive. He is not one to mince words about death. He is hardened by what he saw during 2 tours in Desert Storm... I'm proud to count this abrassive, hardened, somewhat unfeeling man as my friend.

I don't know where I'm trying to go with this, I just felt like saying something on your behalf, and those like you. Thanky you for sacrifcing a little of yourself for the rest of us and your country.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

No, preach, the woman is a piece of human garbage. But making light of death and those who commit it is part of human nature.

Look, bottom line: Jeremy WAAAAAY overreacted. He's been at the phalanx of many inappropriate tirades before, and he's the first to blister the ass of the anyone who dissents, but he can't have it both ways. If he wants to to be anti-PC, he can't suddenly jump back into the PC camp when it suits him or he's personally affected. It's disingenuous.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #30
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
No, preach, the woman is a piece of human garbage. But making light of death and those who commit it is part of human nature.

Look, bottom line: Jeremy WAAAAAY overreacted. He's been at the phalanx of many inappropriate tirades before, and he's the first to blister the ass of the anyone who dissents, but he can't have it both ways. If he wants to to be anti-PC, he can't suddenly jump back into the PC camp when it suits him or he's personally affected. It's disingenuous.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote