Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2008, 07:42 AM   #21
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: You know what? The Patriots deserve it.

I would give props to the team if they did it without the cheating and without the blatant disregard for the NFL as a whole.

And if you choose to congratulate them, by all means have at it. As for me, I refuse. They're cheaters and there have been rumors of the cheating since 2001.

There is no way I can say good job to a team who has blantantly broken the rules.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I have just kind of decided to get over it... I agree with you on all fronts but we can't change that. I don't believe in living in the past.
Getting over it and pretending that it never happened are two different things. It did happen. They did cheat. That's all I need to know. For me, it has nothing to do with jealousy. It comes down to the fact that they cheated.

Screw'em. I hope the Giants beat the hell out of them. Personally, I would be aiming for Brady's foot/ankle early in the first and take the 15 yards and the fine. Call it cheap, but if you wanna play injured, deal with the repercussion's. Take advantage of your opposition's weakeness and misfortune.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 01-25-2008 at 09:01 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:11 AM   #23
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
If the Giants pull off the "impossible," that kinda blows everything out of the water though, doesn't it? Fact remains they cheated, and Goodell pussed out and slapped them on the wrist. If that makes me a bitter, jealous and small person, so be it.
i feel the same way.

i have to admit though if they win this game it changes the entire NFL... we'll see more and more teams following NE's playbook by emptying the backfield and just passing the ball 40 times a game... i think this is only the start to a dying RB position... you can say what you want about maroney... but fact is their having success airing it out.. and if it ain't broke don't fix it..
Old 01-27-2008, 01:44 AM   #24
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Anyone remember what some Steelers were doing in the 70's? We are being hypocritical if we are saying that the pats have an * next to their dynasty and not any of ours. I really dio hate defending them but I have to look at this truthfully.

If in fact you are referring to steroid use...first, it wasn't illegal back then. Secondly, I highly doubt that Steeler players were the only ones in the league using them. As far as NE goes....They got caught cheating in Week 1. I highly doubt that they've done so since. Being caught already. So am I to believe that they needed to cheat in the first place. NO!! This team is for real as much as I hate Belichick. I had alot of respect for him until the spygate story broke. So now anything that the Patriots has done prior to Week 1 of the 2007 NFL season is in question to me. Not to mention Belichick doesn't seem to have a high level of integrity when very recently in the past he said "you'll never see a Randy Moss on this team". LMAO!!!!

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:51 AM   #25
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836

[QUOTE=Rhee Rhee;361042]i feel the same way.

i have to admit though if they win this game it changes the entire NFL... we'll see more and more teams following NE's playbook by emptying the backfield and just passing the ball 40 times a game... i think this is only the start to a dying RB position...

I do hope you`re wrong Rhee Rhee,that would be terrible!
Don`t know much about American Football but I do know I love watching RB`s in action,especially Willie...that guy is poetry in motion.
sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #26
rabidsteelerfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1902

Honestly, I don't see this as "Jealousy"! It's just a simple fact that it's human nature to NOT admire/cheer/respect someone or something that has been caught cheating! Simple as that!

For the record, I use to admire the Pats*. Hell, they've practically owned the steelers but I still saw them as a powerhouse and a worthy representative of the AFC. BUT, not anymore.......I just can't look at them the same, this possible 19-0 would have been HUGE had they not cheated. Now it's got a giant "YEAH BUT*?"
rabidsteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #27
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Why did it take them getting caught cheating to play so good? There's an interesting question.....