Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #21
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,965 Times in 3,515 Posts
Default Re: OT: Take care and God Bless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
This whole episode has left a bad taste in the mouth,probably because I have something of a romantically naive perception of the Steelers and their fans.
:
Steelers Nation is a family - sometimes that family interacts like The Waltons, sometimes with no clearly defined external enemy that family interacts like The Corleones
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #22
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Take Care Jeremy.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm not going to help at all here, but I want to say my piece.

I've seen Jeremy when he's affable and poking fun at stuff and he's a good poster when he's like that. He's a smart, sharp and articulate guy most of the time. But I've also seen him flip and take the exact opposite position on another issue closely related, and approach things in a completely defensive and aggressive manner with no provocation.

That's classic bi-polar behavior.

Not saying he is, but the duck is quacking, so............anyway, nobody should be able to have it both ways on here. If you want to be sarcastic and poke fun you have to be able to take it too. I've seen him rip people up pretty bad, and when the worm turned, it became some whole other issue entirely. That's not cool. If you dish, you gotta be able to take it back.

I'm no saint, and I've had my moments and issues with people, but I always try to scale it back or apologize or at least retreat a little to keep it civil. I've had run-ins with Tony, Atlanta Dan, Mosca, Preach, many, many others (Damn, now that I think about it, I'M a bit of a pain in the ass around here too!)...it's part of the territory that comes with thinking and having a strong opinion, but I guarantee if I sat down with any of those guys and we had a beer (preach...can you drink?) we'd hit it off just fine. But Jeremy is another issue. He seems to be occasionally almost too volatile.

Still, I hope he stays...in fact, sorry to "third person" you, if you're still here, Jeremy, but the format lends itself to that. I hope you stay, but try to be more accommodating if you do. You need to give as good as you get, and get as good as you give.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #24
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,614 Posts

Quote:
I would have thought your Forces training would have taught you to control your emotions to some degree
geesh dude.....look at where all them bottled up emotions got mr spock.....
[/IMG]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #25
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

people care because some show their steeler pride everyday, like me, i am the type of person u explained, i am sensative to what people say because there are too many people that bandwagoned on to the steel train.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #26
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Jeremy...

Take some time... Enjoy the offseason... See ya in a couple weeks... or at draft.. or next fall...
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #27
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
This whole episode has left a bad taste in the mouth,probably because I have something of a romantically naive perception of the Steelers and their fans.
I hope you don`t go Jeremy,I enjoy your posts and you have views on a wide range of subjects,not just football.
I`ve learnt a huge amount about NFL,Steelers,various American sports and the U.S. in general from yours and everyone elses posts here.
You tend to be somewhat antagonistic or should that be combative in many of your posts which personally I rather enjoy but sometimes you can go OTT.
I would have thought your Forces training would have taught you to control your emotions to some degree although I can understand when you say that this forum is a means of letting off steam....but don`t forget you are among friends here,whether you agree with their views or not.
All the best.
Good post, I particularly agree with the final assessment. Maybe the military needs to spend some more time in that area, not be critical but I would think emotional control would be required to be high in the service... Oh well, I don?t want to speculate about anything... Probably will make some people mad with what I have said already ? lol - but I know a good number of soldiers and if you didn't know they were in, you would never imagine it. Just can?t help but wonder what is going on these days with some of these guys. Anyway, off topic - Good luck with whatever happens to you Jeremy
Old 01-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #28
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Be Blessed!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #29
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i think a vacation from this forum is needed for jeremy..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #30
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,139 Times in 448 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

who cares?? see ya
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote