Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #61
steelymcmatt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8255
Default Re: LLT's Mock draft....1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
By dropping..I simply meant that he is the only legit 1st round talent at QB....With Atlanta having an obvious need (for a QB...and for a new identity that doesnt include Vick)...there is serious specualtion that Atlanta will take Ryan. If not...he "drops"...to KC who may even wait until their second 1st round pick to take him. (Closer to the #8-13 slots that you were talking about)

You are right that he isnt a top 5 talent...but supply/ demand elevates his stock enough to put him there.
I agree with you there....I think he may end up at 13 to the Panthers. Even if Delhomme comes back from his surgery, he is 33 and having Ryan in there a year or two to learn from him wouldn't be a bad thing.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:31 AM   #62
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

There are two critical points in the upcoming draft that revolve around Matt Ryan.

1. Does Atlanta take him at # 3 and turn the draft upside down??? They could trade down if Dorsey is gone?

2. When Matt Ryan gets to #5 Kansas City hold a major trump card. They seriously might take him there as they sent both Herm Edwards and GM Carl Peterson to his college workout ( the only team to do so). The Jets (if McFadden goes to the Raiders) and the Ravens have shown an indication that they may want him then they will have to deal with the Chiefs to get him.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...at_no_8_1.html

Yes Steelymcmatt he is not top 5 talent but unfortunately the gap between him and the rest might just make him that highly valued.

I think he might even hold the key for the steelers as well. If he goes early then if a team wants Brohm they may get nervous and take him 10 spots earlier than warranted. That #23 spot looks pretty enticing.

Gotta love this time of the year.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #63
steelymcmatt
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
I think he might even hold the key for the steelers as well. If he goes early then if a team wants Brohm they may get nervous and take him 10 spots earlier than warranted. That #23 spot looks pretty enticing.

Gotta love this time of the year.
I think this is the IDEAL situation....trading out of 23 for a 2nd and 3rd. Just a matter of seeing what draft day brings.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #64
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,409 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I wouldn't mind seeing us trade down and gain a couple more picks.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #65
steelymcmatt
Bench Warmer

Food for thought.....
Sounds like the Rams are leaning towards Dorsey, which means the Falcons will probably take Ryan. I don't think Al can avoid either McFadden or Gholston which drops Long to the Chiefs and the Jets will get either McFadden or Gholston. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see the Chiefs come back with 17 and take Brohm/Flacco/Henne. That may be the impetus that the Dolphins need to move back up into the 1st and get the qb they covet, whoever that is. According to the new trade chart that would cost them their 2nd and 3rd to get to 23.....I'd jump at that, what about you?