Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #21
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634
Default Re: Steelers: surviving labor trouble?

I don't see the NFL without a cap. Just a couple of years ago, it was the same deal.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #22
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

if the nfl didn't have the cap... there wouldn't be no FA or offseason... the only thing would be the draft.. u would just buy players like the yankees and red sox do in the mlb..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #23
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

believe me, they will talk this out to every owner in the league time after time. i think that if they cant even think of what penalty to give michael vick in 3 months then a decision like this could take a few years. the cap is what makes the NFL so great, no team can have a major advantage over another unless that team crashes and burns itself. to remove the cap would be like merging the NFL and the AFL, crazy talk i tell yea.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #24
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
I was a big Pittsburgh Pirate fan . Never ever missed a game ON RADIO growing up. When the strike occured during the middle of the season I walkd away FOREVER, Never came back.

If the NFL goes without the cap I am gone . Gary is right . A league ran by Jones and Snyder and others like them is totally unappealing.
I'm a Reds fan and every year I know I have no hopes of anything. I still watch, but with no hope of them competing for the World Series.

I have no faith in Goodell to do the right thing. None. But...I do have faith in the owners...such as the Rooney's, Mara's, and some others who still get what it takes to make a league run the right way. I think that Goodell would be happy if the Patriots won every single year.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #25
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts

with no cap....

steelers = pirates......

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 AM   #26
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
with no cap....

steelers = pirates......
worse...

steelers = royals
Old 01-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #27
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
The NFL without a salary cap? That'll be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me, personally. I will no longer watch a league where the Snyders, Joneses and Krafts buy Super Bowls and the rest of the league fights over the table scraps.
Amen fansince'76
yeah, if this happens the NFL is doomed just like MLB in my opinion.
But I really dont think that the owners will let this happen
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 AM   #28
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

I wrote my post several days ago and I just reread the other posts again and Ii am so pissed off about just the thought of of the cap removal and/or the changes in revenue sharing. Jerry Jones' ugly and disgusting mug is stuck in my brain . I am tired of owners such as him that are greedy to a point of being sick.

We have many dedciated , intelligent and intense Steeler fans who are members of this forum. I want to suggest that we put our selves on alert that should the possibility of such changes become imminent we do something to manifest our protest.

I think we should have a contingency plan of action. I am just "ideating " but one such course of action is to pick a nationally televised home game be it Monday ,
Sunday or Thursday night where we as fans walk out in the middle of the second quarter and with Heinz field empty at half time that will ive the commntators something to talk about.. We could rally other Franchise's fans such as Buffalo and others.

Come on guys this game is important to us as fans thus it belongs to us too. If the fairness of the game is threatned lets show the country what the STEELER NATION believes . Just knowing you guys will fight for the integrity of the NFL lifts my spirits. I hope we do not get to the point where such action is needed but if action is needed lets not sit back and just "take it " without a fight.

I am also interested in knowing who the "elite owners" are who would be in favor of a no cap no revenue sharing NFL are . Team by team. With Mara gone where do the Giants stand on this issue?

Ideas are appreciated and lets be on the alert.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #29
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

I honestly think that taking away the salary cap would ultimately hit the NFL in the wallet. I just think that they would lose money. I could be off on that, just MO.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #30
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

One thing I have to repeat: it is not the big owner like Jones and Snyder who are pushing the hardest to reopen the contract, it is some of the smaller to midsize owners, like the owners of the Bungles, Bills, Broncos and others. These owners feel they gave up too much in the last contract. Of course, my concern is that the Joneses will use this opportunity to blowup revenue sharing.

I'd like to know where the Rooneys fall with this issue? Dan Rooney pushed pretty hard to accept this deal. Has he changed his mind?
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote