Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Anyone Like GNCC Racing?

I love this GNCC racing, it has ATV's and Dirt Bikes, BIG and little, young and old. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this racing that goes on across the whole eastern and southern america. I raced this series for 3 years on a Quad, or an ATV for those unfamiliar with All Terrain Vehicles are also known to racers and fans as Quads. I raced a 2004 Yamaha YFZ450. I never finished any higher than 14th in this series, but I loved the competition and being on the starting line with over 30 racers in my class... now thats an addreniline rush for ya.
Here is a schedule for the 2008 season and I hope someone will chat with me about this series. Have Fun and God Bless
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
Elvis
Banned

Default Re: Anyone Like GNCC Racing?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Does anyone know where this somerset, PA is and have you ever been there?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
YFZrider
Water Boy

Member Number: 8205

I'm a huge fan and a racer myself. I've been brought up on atvs and I love to ride and race. I have also had the privilege of growing up and riding with many GNCC pros. I live in Washington WV and we have more than our fair share of talent nearby. Chris Jenks, Adam McGill, Chad Duvall, Thad Duvall, and Doug Blackwell all live within 20 minutes of my house. Chris Jenks lives just a couple minutes from me and I'm lucky enough to be able to practice with him every now and then. Chris was third in the nation a year ago and has just been brought on by Can-Am and will probably be faster than ever. I never won anything either, but it was still a lot of fun. The number 2 man in atv GNCC lives not far from Pittsburgh, Chris Borich is from Sunbury Pa. Somerset is about 60 miles se of Pittsburgh on 76 east. Hope to talk more soon!
YFZrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:39 AM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Welcome to the fever..
Good to see someone here likes the GNCC. I love it and it is so competitive and wide open. Yeh, I have seen and talked to some of the racers, like William Yokely and Borich. I really pull for the champ Bill Ballance. But sometimes I wonder why. Somtimes he can be so stuck on himself.
Well, hey man I have to get ready for work. Hope that you keep coming back and are you a Steelers fan as well?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
YFZrider
Water Boy

I'm a Steelers fan all the way. It doesn't matter how good or bad they do in any season, I will always pull for the black and gold. I wasn't even alive for the Steelers of the seventies, but I still think that team was the greatest dynasty that has ever been seen in pro football. We also have many great players on the team today though. Bill is actually not a bad guy, I'll usually talk with him a couple times before a race. He will seem a little too serious before a race sometimes but I think its because he's just trying to focus. One thing that's for certain is his toughness, he's five years older than his closest competitor. His work ethic is also one of the reasons he's stayed at the top.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:29 AM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Helllo Rider, good to see you came back. Get in here and make some posts bud. Yeah, I could understand that he would be that way before the race. Stephanie Parton used to be really friendly but it seems like the last couple years she has changed. It will be interesting to see how Chris Bithel will do on that new Can Am quad wont it? Chris is really talented and I think that with a good quad he can be a fixture in the top 5 or so all season. I am planning on going to atleast one race, maybe the one in SC or GA this year. We went to Morganton last year, that just isnt my favorite track though. I guess it might have been the crash I had there that makes me feel that way. We had took off and I had made it to about the 2 mile marker I guess, when on a very steep downhill section a guy hit me in the rear end and sent me rolling down the hill. I had a twist throttle on my quad at the time and when my kill switch came off my hand instead of the quad killing it, it stuck wide open, it took me a minute or so to get to the quad. I got back on and made 2 laps, but I hurt my knee and back. That was my last race at a GNCC event. I think that it would be awesome to go and do the Utility Class though.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #8
YFZrider
Water Boy

I know what you mean, cross country has to be the roughest way to race a bike or atv. I'm only 24 years old, but my knees will sometimes hurt if I'm standing for a long time. It ages a person very quickly, I've already went through one frame in a crash. The only way to keep properly in shape is to ride constantly year round to stay at your best, but I don't have the time or money to do that. I think Bithell is going to be a serious contender for the championship within a year or 2. He's improving so fast that his riding partner Borich is actually starting to have a hard time keeping up with him! My favorite tracks are Millfield and St. Clairesville OH just because they are close. I want to run in the Snowshoe this coming year also. My neighbors and I go up to Michigan a couple times a year to ride the woods and dunes as well. We're also planning on running in the Baja 1000 in the fall, we don't expect to finish, but it will be fun anyway!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:33 AM   #9
Elvis
Banned

Good to see you in here NCSteeler.
I have never been to that Yadkin Valley race, because it is very long drive for me from here in western NC. I love the races in GA and SC because they are more wide open and fast. And both races usually involve some motocross track in part of the laps. I hope that Bithell does good this year and if anyone is gonna beat Bill Ballance I hope that it is him and not Borich. Of course I will always pull for William Yokely as well because he is the coolest cat out there in my opinion.
I have heard that the Yadkin Valley Stomp is so tight that it isnt much fun to race. That just isnt what I like, now dont get me wrong, I like a little tight trails but when it is so bad that you struggle to make lap after lap that just makes it not fun to me. NCSteeler, I hope that you get to go to the race and just see how well liked this series really is. There will be lots of fumes that really make you feel at home and alot of noise, loud quads and bikes... but its all good!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
YFZrider
Water Boy

Yadkin Valley is a cool track because in one part you get to ride through an old barn. One of the local tracks here also has an old abandoned house to run through. I don't know if they will keep running through the barn or not, there was talk last year of bypassing it entirely. I just seen last night that Ballance will be running on Hiper wheels for the 08 season. While I think this is pretty cool because I also run Hipers, I'm surprised that he made the switch from Douglas wheels because he's been running on them for a very long time and they've never failed him. I jokingly tell people that I should get the wheels at a discount because I work at the DuPont plant which processes the base materials. Its called Zytel, a plastic and fiberglass combination that is molded with carbon fiber later. It's a cool job because it's only five minutes from my house. I'm really excited to see how Jenks will do now that he has factory backing, I know too well how hard it is to keep up with him and I think he'll do great.