Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 AM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
If Ben wants to have the story die down he could quit commenting about it.
Now why would he do such a thing?

Go Ben!!!
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #12
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach
 
memphissteelergirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Inside your brain
Posts: 1,923
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

Well...maybe we can all finally move on from this and hope Ben has learned to watch what he says.
__________________
Memo to all smack-talkin' trolls: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."-Abe Lincoln
memphissteelergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
Well...maybe we can all finally move on from this and hope Ben has learned to watch what he says.
I'm definately willing to. Just put it in the memory box for safe keeping, but definately moving on and getting ready for the draft.

Unfortunately, as long as Ben keeps talking about it (or Ward if he also decides to keep going) , it will be discussed over and over again in the Pittsburgh media. That's normally how it works and not just with the Pittsburgh media (shocker).
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #14
MarylandSteeler
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 66
Gender: Female
Member Number: 7277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

I think that things might have gotten blowen a little out of proportion, but that is not to say that Ben should have kept his mouth shut. I think that he needs to learn to say posivitive things to the media and keep all the other stuff behind closed doors.

Let things like that be said to the coach or to management but don't air that kind of thing to the media you know that it will be blown out of proportion. There is no need for you to make comments like that to the media because you always know that they are going to mis-quote you or take your words out of context.

So Big Ben needs to keep things to a minimum when he is talking to the media, although I know that he won't because he seems to have this thing for the spotlight.
MarylandSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,425
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 802 Times in 312 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSteeler View Post
So Big Ben needs to keep things to a minimum when he is talking to the media, although I know that he won't because he seems to have this thing for the spotlight.
Yep, that damn Ben has all the local media and Jim Rome on speed dial and begs them to allow him to impart his wisdom about all things football to them, and not the other way around. Please. If he gives them a bunch of "no comments," no way will they spin that to mean something more either.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #16
Edman
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,512
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3261
Thanks: 77
Thanked 262 Times in 145 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

Of course you guys, big mouth primadonna Ben has all the local media outlets on his cell phone ready to call whenever he feels like speaking out and stirring controversy. What a primadonna he is.

It's the MEDIA who goes to Ben, not the other way around. Douchette goes to Ben with a question. Ben answers it, and fast Eddie runs away with a spun story.

How can anybody fault Ben for this?
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:55 AM   #17
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSteeler View Post
Let things like that be said to the coach or to management but don't air that kind of thing to the media you know that it will be blown out of proportion. There is no need for you to make comments like that to the media because you always know that they are going to mis-quote you or take your words out of context.

So Big Ben needs to keep things to a minimum when he is talking to the media, although I know that he won't because he seems to have this thing for the spotlight.
Two little words always work....."no comment". Or you can simply word yourself differently or can choose not to do the interview in general, but why do that? No attention. Like I said, I heard very strong rumors that the media heads around the country (Pittsburgh ones in particular of course) kidnapped Ben and made him answer questions.

That's why you always hear players like Hampton, A. Smith, Ike Taylor, Kirshke, Keisel, Kreider, Starks and Townsend getting "set up" by the media.

Eh, I'm sure it won't be the last time. Until then, who do you think we will draft in the round one?
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:56 AM   #18
MarylandSteeler
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 66
Gender: Female
Member Number: 7277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

This is not the first time that Big Ben has opened his mouth and gotten himself in trouble, Big Ben has constantly taken shots at the former coaching staff, but there are always fans that will step up and say that his words were taken out of context, it is like he can do no wrong in this city.

Look at it this way, you have to think that there is something wrong with what he is saying becuase he had a great year and then he wasn't voted team MVP, you would think after having a year like he had he would have gotten it, guess not. I think that the other players in the locker room know that Big Ben has a big mouth and that he has an arrogance about him.

In regards to having Jim Rome on speed dial, he has the ability to say no, he doesn't have to do every single TV interview that is offered to him, I know that it is in the nature of these guys to get all the air time that they can get, but maybe, just maybe Big Ben should say no every once in a while, let things blow over, and don't do all these TV spots so that everytime he gets in front of a mic he is asked about the Ward deal.

Take a break, enjoy the Pro-Bowl, and let things blow over.
MarylandSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #19
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSteeler View Post
This is not the first time that Big Ben has opened his mouth and gotten himself in trouble, Big Ben has constantly taken shots at the former coaching staff, but there are always fans that will step up and say that his words were taken out of context, it is like he can do no wrong in this city.

Look at it this way, you have to think that there is something wrong with what he is saying becuase he had a great year and then he wasn't voted team MVP, you would think after having a year like he had he would have gotten it, guess not. I think that the other players in the locker room know that Big Ben has a big mouth and that he has an arrogance about him.

In regards to having Jim Rome on speed dial, he has the ability to say no, he doesn't have to do every single TV interview that is offered to him, I know that it is in the nature of these guys to get all the air time that they can get, but maybe, just maybe Big Ben should say no every once in a while, let things blow over, and don't do all these TV spots so that everytime he gets in front of a mic he is asked about the Ward deal.

Take a break, enjoy the Pro-Bowl, and let things blow over.
*hands you one plane ticket to a destination not mentioned for your own safety*

Just keep telling yourself...

"Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away"
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #20
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,425
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 802 Times in 312 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger dismisses 'rift' with Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSteeler View Post
This is not the first time that Big Ben has opened his mouth and gotten himself in trouble, Big Ben has constantly taken shots at the former coaching staff, but there are always fans that will step up and say that his words were taken out of context, it is like he can do no wrong in this city.
Just like there will always be fans that blame it on Ben when a mountain is made out of a molehill by the media, which was the case here. Goes both ways from what I've seen.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts