Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-31-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default My First NFL Mock Draft

These are my opinions, I Do Not Work for the NFL
1. Dolphins DT Glenn Dorsey LSU
2. Rams OT Jake Long Michigan
3. Falcons QB Matt Ryan Boston College
4. Raiders RB Darren McFadden Arkansas
5. Chiefs QB Brian Brohm Louisville
6. Jets DE Chris Long Virginia
7. Patriots (clev) DE/LB Vernon Gholston Ohio State
8. Ravens LB Keith Rivers USC
9. Bengals DT Sedrick Ellis USC
10. Saints S Kenny Phillips Miami, Fla
11. Bills DB Antoine Cason Arizona
12. Broncos LB Dan Conner Penn St.
13. Panthers DB Leodis McKelvin Troy
14. Bears DB Mike Jenkins South Fla.
15. Lions RB Jonathan Stewart Oregon
16. Arizona DE Calais Campbell Miami, Fla
17. Vikings QB Andre Woodson Kentucky (Bears are crying)
18. Texans WR DeSean Jackson California
19. Eagles OT Ryan Clady Boise St.
20. Tampa Bay DE Quintin Groves Auburn
21. Redskins OT Jeff Otah Pitt
22. Cowboys (Clev) DT Kentwan Balmer UNC
23 STEELERS OT Gosder Cherilus Boston College
24. Titans TE Fred Davis USC
25. Seattle RB Felix Jones Arkansas
26. Jaguars WR Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma
27. Chargers WR Limas Sweed Texas
28. Cowboys DB Reggie Smith Oklahoma
29. 49ers WR Early Doucet LSU
30. Green Bay OT Sam Baker USC
31. N.Y. Giants DB Aghib Talib Kansas
32. Forfeited
Everyone Feel Free to Grade My Draft and Have Fun

Last edited by Elvis; 01-31-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: My First NFL Mock Draft

Looks strong in the top half.

I think Woodsons performance at the Senior bowl has dropped him out of the first two rounds at least. He will have worried a lot of scouts with his performance.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

I'd like for us to take Lauranaitis from Ohio St. And it wouldn't be out of the question for us to take a LB 1st round....

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:41 AM   #4
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
I'd like for us to take Lauranaitis from Ohio St. And it wouldn't be out of the question for us to take a LB 1st round....
he went back to school... and im hoping that by LB u mean at least a OLB/DE kinda thing... even with that i wouldn't adress the LB position in round 1... round 2 maybe if shawn crable is still on the board.... but the chance he falls to us is very slim..
Old 02-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

This young man is my hope for our 2nd round pick

Roy Shuening 6' 4" 318 lbs Oregon State

By: Robert Davis

After redshirting in 2003, Schuening started 12 games as a freshman in 2004, earning Freshman AA honors. He has not let go of that starting job since then, starting 50 consecutive games for the Beavers.
Schuening is a rock in the running game. He has good size, is strong, and plays with a mean streak. He is powerful at the point of attack and can drive defenders off the line of scrimmage. Once he locks on to a defender, he rarely loses control. He has good short area quickness and can block on the move.
Schuening lacks ideal athleticism, and is not a player you will ask to get out and pull much. He can pick up a defender in a short area, but gets lost when he has to cover ground. Schuening is a talented guard, if you need help in the running game. He can hold his own in pass protection, but his money is made by clearing out running lanes.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
Elvis
Banned

This is the annalysis on my 1st Round
OT Gosder Cherilus 6' 7" 315 lbs Boston College

After redshirting in 2003, Cherilus moved into the starting lineup as a freshman. He started 37 straight games on the right side until he moved over to left tackle this season.
Cherilus is the ideal right tackle prospect. He has excellent size and plays as big as he is. He is very strong and shows the ability to drive people off the football and clear out running room. He is a decent athlete that shows the ability to slide in a short area to keep the defender from getting to the quarterback. Cherilus has been very steady and durable during his career, and should be ready to play immediately in the NFL.
Cherilus may be confined to the right side, as he lacks the standout athleticism to protect a quarterbacks blindside. It is not a major problem as a right tackle, it just may limit his overall upside. Cherilus is a very good right tackle prospect. His upside may be limited which will likely keep him out of the top half of the first round, but there are plenty of teams looking for a quality right tackle. Cherilus should be a very solid offensive tackle at the next level
Old 02-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
Elvis
Banned

This guy could also be a valuable pick at #2 if there is not a quality OL left in the 2nd.

Frank Okam 6' 5" 330 lbs Texas

Okam was a heralded recruit that had an immediate impact for the Longhorns in 2004. He earned Freshman AA honors after finishing the year with 22 tackles, six for loss, and two sacks. A year later as a sophomore he had 48 tackles, five for loss, and a sack on his way to earning All Big 12 2nd team honors. Last season as a junior, Okam had 37 tackles, six for loss, and two sacks. Okam bounced back with a strong senior year, finishing with 52 tackles, 11 for loss, and five sacks.
Okam has all the athletic talents you could hope for in a defensive tackle. He has excellent size and can hold his ground at the point of attack. He can take on blocks, control running lanes, and bring down the ball carrier. He is not just a run stopper, as he is an excellent athlete that has the quickness and change of direction ability to get into the backfield and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Okam has the ability to play in both the 3-4 and 4-3 defense.
For all his athletic gifts, Okam has never made the big plays you would assume he would make. He will take some plays off and rely on his talent too often. He needs to learn to play with more fire on a consistent basis and he could dominate. Okam has as much upside as any defensive lineman in this draft. His ability as a run stopper and the potential as an impact penetrator should make him one of the first three defensive tackles selected in April.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
Elvis
Banned

Exclamation Re: My First NFL Mock Draft

How about this young man in the 2nd Round?

DB Tracy Porter 5' 11" 186 lbs Indiana

Porter showed off his big play ability as a corner as a freshman, picking off three passes and finishing with 22 tackles. As a sophomore, he had 48 tackles to go with three more interceptions. As a junior, Porter had 59 tackles and four picks, earning 2nd team All Big 10 honors. He closed out his career with 83 tackles, 5.5 for loss, a sack and six interceptions.
Porter is a very good cover corner, with all the talent to translate that ability to the NFL. He is a very good athlete, and has the quickness to stay with receivers in and out of their breaks. He also has the speed to run down the field with receivers and not lose any ground. Porter has also shown an impressive nose for the football, picking off 16 passes during his career. He is also aggressive, and not afraid to help out in run support.
Porter is a quality cover man, but he lacks the size to match up with physical receivers at the next level. He is going to lose out in one on one situations and it is not something he can really change. Porter had a big senior season, and pushed himself into consideration for the Top 50. There will be some underclassmen talent that joins the group, but as long as he works out well, Porter should be taken in the second round at some point.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
This guy could also be a valuable pick at #2 if there is not a quality OL left in the 2nd.

Frank Okam 6' 5" 330 lbs Texas
Okams value is falling fast due to a poor work ethic and motivation. On his day he is a monster but on others he is below average. Falling fast to the 3rd round.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
How about this young man in the 2nd Round?

DB Tracy Porter 5' 11" 186 lbs Indiana

Porter showed off his big play ability as a corner as a freshman, picking off three passes and finishing with 22 tackles. As a sophomore, he had 48 tackles to go with three more interceptions. As a junior, Porter had 59 tackles and four picks, earning 2nd team All Big 10 honors. He closed out his career with 83 tackles, 5.5 for loss, a sack and six interceptions.
Porter is a very good cover corner, with all the talent to translate that ability to the NFL. He is a very good athlete, and has the quickness to stay with receivers in and out of their breaks. He also has the speed to run down the field with receivers and not lose any ground. Porter has also shown an impressive nose for the football, picking off 16 passes during his career. He is also aggressive, and not afraid to help out in run support.
Porter is a quality cover man, but he lacks the size to match up with physical receivers at the next level. He is going to lose out in one on one situations and it is not something he can really change. Porter had a big senior season, and pushed himself into consideration for the Top 50. There will be some underclassmen talent that joins the group, but as long as he works out well, Porter should be taken in the second round at some point.
there are sooo many CBs this year... almost too many there will CB's aplenty around the 3rd... charles godfrey... zack bowan... all will be available