Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,421
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

They still dislike each other....And I know that Madden isn't over "The Immaculate Reception" yet.
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #12
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,140
Member Number: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
You know, a lot of times the hypothetical question comes up, How would the Patriots of the '00s fare against the Steelers of the '70s?

My answer is, forget the Steelers of the '70s. Today's Pats would get creamed by the Raiders of the '70s. IMO they were one of the great teams of all time. In fact, in talent and types of players at ech position the '70s Raiders were very similar to the '00 Pats.. except they were orders of magnitude meaner. And hit harder. And had more pride, and didn't act like whiners when they lost.

And don't sell the '08 Champs short; they are a lot like our '06 Champs. They did what we did. They earned ever diamond on that ring.
Only problem with that theory is the size difference between today's teams and the teams 30 years ago. Chuck Noll once said he prayed for 260-pound TACKLES.

Now, if you adjust for size, the '70s teams were better than the current Pats*, but any team today would manhandle a team from 30 years ago.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
Mosca
Team President
Supporter
 
Mosca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 2,397
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1751
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Only problem with that theory is the size difference between today's teams and the teams 30 years ago. Chuck Noll once said he prayed for 260-pound TACKLES.

Now, if you adjust for size, the '70s teams were better than the current Pats*, but any team today would manhandle a team from 30 years ago.
I'm in big agreement with you if the argument is taken literally. But since it is an imaginary argument, I ask that you imagine that the differences are also transposed from era to era; either the '70s teams have today's advantages, or that the Pats get moved back to the '70s and evolve alongside those players.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #14
Steelman16
Team President
 
Steelman16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,414
Member Number: 6517
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

Got inspired by that Raiders fan: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=23376

__________________
I'll keep my freedoms, my guns, and my
money . . . you can keep "THE CHANGE."
Steelman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

To keep this in perspective, Jack Lambert was about the same size as Troy. The biggest lineman on the 70's Steelers was probably about as big as Levon Kirkland. Our current punter would have been a monster on those old teams.

But, Hell, who cares about any of that? I just find it hilarious that even the Raiders fans can find clever and subtle and very funny ways to trash the Cheats.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #16
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
You know, a lot of times the hypothetical question comes up, How would the Patriots of the '00s fare against the Steelers of the '70s?

My answer is, forget the Steelers of the '70s. Today's Pats would get creamed by the Raiders of the '70s. IMO they were one of the great teams of all time. In fact, in talent and types of players at ech position the '70s Raiders were very similar to the '00 Pats.. except they were orders of magnitude meaner. And hit harder. And had more pride, and didn't act like whiners when they lost.

And don't sell the '08 Champs short; they are a lot like our '06 Champs. They did what we did. They earned ever diamond on that ring.
And back then the Raiders were considered one of the dirtiest teams to play the game (although players didn't cry about it). Can you imagine Brady getting hit by anyone on the Steelers or Raiders teams from that era? Well I can and it's not a pretty sight (I mean it is but it's not)
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
And back then the Raiders were considered one of the dirtiest teams to play the game (although players didn't cry about it). Can you imagine Brady getting hit by anyone on the Steelers or Raiders teams from that era? Well I can and it's not a pretty sight (I mean it is but it's not)
I can picture that scene vividly. Brady gets whomped from his blindside, helmet first in the back (not illegal back then). He stays down for a few seconds. Camera zooms in. A single tear falls from his eye. He runs over to the official and starts pleading his case. The official reaches into his pocket and pulls out the yellow flag. What wasn't a penalty moments before now is a penalty.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #18
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Raiders fan response to Pats fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I can picture that scene vividly. Brady gets whomped from his blindside, helmet first in the back (not illegal back then). He stays down for a few seconds. Camera zooms in. A single tear falls from his eye. He runs over to the official and starts pleading his case. The official reaches into his pocket and pulls out the yellow flag. What wasn't a penalty moments before now is a penalty.
Yeah but it would be a penalty on Brady for being a pu$$!!!!
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts