Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #231
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
OSU went to 2 championship games in the last 2 yrs,whether they won or not does not completely denounce the fact that they were good enough to go. The bills 4 straight superbowl appearances are still looked upon by many because it is so hard to go to once none the less 4 times in a row.
People only care if you rack up the titles. Though Ohio State's last title is more recent then PSU, Penn State hasn't lost a game that sealed them the national championship in program history. (1982 & 1986)

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #232
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! So, how many National Championchips will we win???
None......you still have an ultra conservative head coach who plays not to lose. No quarterback will ever change that.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #233
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Actually, Penn State did. Why else did he hold off in the first place. He said he needed more time to investigate. Can I blame him for doing so? No I can't.
No I cannot blame him for investigating. In fact I think it was a really mature decision he made when he changed his mind on signing day eve. I think it showed that he does have a lot of respect for the other schools, even though it was likely OSU all the time.

I don't really know how good of a chance they had. He did not sound interested at all. But I guess if you're mentioed, there is some kind of hope! LOL... I had it up until noon on Weds. as well!

All the PSU fans i see and hear around these parts who were excited because they thought he was coming don't seem to like the kid anymore... even though we didn't see much of him around here (thankfully we have FSN PGH). I even see some slamming on the message boards. Truth be told as a michigan fan I'm not happy, but I still hope the kid does good. I'm sure the woverine boards are full of the slams as well.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #234
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
No I cannot blame him for investigating. In fact I think it was a really mature decision he made when he changed his mind on signing day eve. I think it showed that he does have a lot of respect for the other schools, even though it was likely OSU all the time.

I don't really know how good of a chance they had. He did not sound interested at all. But I guess if you're mentioed, there is some kind of hope! LOL... I had it up until noon on Weds. as well!

All the PSU fans i see and hear around these parts who were excited because they thought he was coming don't seem to like the kid anymore... even though we didn't see much of him around here (thankfully we have FSN PGH). I even see some slamming on the message boards. Truth be told as a michigan fan I'm not happy, but I still hope the kid does good. I'm sure the woverine boards are full of the slams as well.
Thank you! It's such obvious and over-the-top sour grapes and it's disturbing to see...he was so great and everyone was excited as Hell and now that he called PSU "too country" (which was knuckleheaded, but the kid is 18, so...) he's persona non grata? Ridiculous.

Also, addressing the typical jackassery from Sybil, Tressel plays to win when it suits, and plays not lose when that is more apropos. See the Michigan game in 2006. That was a wide-open offense that laid 42 on the Wolverines. 2001 was a different story...Krenzel (as Boeckman is) was a QB who can only be trusted to manage a game, not take one over.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #235
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post

We made our case to keep this kid in state. But hey, it's his choice. Michigan probably is blasting him.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #236
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
We made our case to keep this kid in state. But hey, it's his choice. Michigan probably is blasting him.
I'm sure i'll curse him several times over the next four years!

Still... good for him... right choice
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #237
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i can't beleive this kid is getting talked about more than the draft and nfl players on the move.. he is just a kid.... it's not like i'm losing sleep over him not going to psu. he might be a good qb 4 the buckeyes but they will still not win a championship in the near future..

and this past season to where o state went to the bcs was b/c it was a crazy yr with teams losing and winning.. i mean damn.. KU was ranked 2nd in the nation.. i mean shit.. football is crazy

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #238
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

its okay Pryor went to OSU now PSU can go out and get Kevin Newsome
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #239
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
i can't beleive this kid is getting talked about more than the draft and nfl players on the move.. he is just a kid.... it's not like i'm losing sleep over him not going to psu. he might be a good qb 4 the buckeyes but they will still not win a championship in the near future..

and this past season to where o state went to the bcs was b/c it was a crazy yr with teams losing and winning.. i mean damn.. KU was ranked 2nd in the nation.. i mean shit.. football is crazy
The beauty of message boards is that predictions are forever, my friend.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #240
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
its okay Pryor went to OSU now PSU can go out and get Kevin Newsome
This time we don't have to fight OSU to get this kind of a QB!