Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #31
Michael Keller
Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sacramento California
Posts: 429
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5736
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

R I like it!!!

Evidenced by the performance of Troy Smith i would say yes Ohio State is a good opportunity for him to refine his game and be the best Quarterback he can be. Pryor is a good 6 inches taller than Troy thus he he should not be restricted at Ohio State. Smith's mechanics are much better than Vince Young and even with the height limitation Smith may yet be better than VY in the pros.

Again Michigan is not a great choice in my mind and Paterno might make Pryor a line backer as he would have with Jim Kelly. Just kidding !!

Ohio State and the Big Ten is where I would like to see him end up for his sake. He is a very different athlete and I would wish nothing but the best for him.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #32
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
R I like it!!!

Evidenced by the performance of Troy Smith i would say yes Ohio State is a good opportunity for him to refine his game and be the best Quarterback he can be. Pryor is a good 6 inches taller than Troy thus he he should not be restricted at Ohio State. Smith's mechanics are much better than Vince Young and even with the height limitation Smith may yet be better than VY in the pros.

Again Michigan is not a great choice in my mind and Paterno might make Pryor a line backer as he would have with Jim Kelly. Just kidding !!

Ohio State and the Big Ten is where I would like to see him end up for his sake. He is a very different athlete and I would wish nothing but the best for him.
It's pretty much certain he is playing in the Big Ten, however Penn State I think if he gives it full consideration as he is doing, he'll be wearing Blue and White and playing in front of a white crowd a few times in his carrier.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #33
Michael Keller
Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sacramento California
Posts: 429
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5736
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
It's pretty much certain he is playing in the Big Ten, however Penn State I think if he gives it full consideration as he is doing, he'll be wearing Blue and White and playing in front of a white crowd a few times in his carrier.
Ok Matt , Pryor going to Penn State would in fact please me as I always root for Penn State as they are my second favorite team. Pitt is my favorite. BUT

What reason or reasons do you think he would be better off going to Penn State?

What would you say to him to encourage him to make that choice . Why for his sake not ours as fans?

Michael
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #34
Lord Stiller
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,230
Member Number: 7087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
Ok Matt , Pryor going to Penn State would in fact please me as I always root for Penn State as they are my second favorite team. Pitt is my favorite. BUT

What reason or reasons do you think he would be better off going to Penn State?

What would you say to him to encourage him to make that choice . Why for his sake not ours as fans?

Michael
bigger fanbase than Michigan or OSU for one

the real question is why do you think he would be worse off going to PSU rather than OSU or Michigan? doesnt make sense

If he can bring a national title to JoePa before he retires, he will become a LEGEND
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #35
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
Ok Matt , Pryor going to Penn State would in fact please me as I always root for Penn State as they are my second favorite team. Pitt is my favorite. BUT

What reason or reasons do you think he would be better off going to Penn State?

What would you say to him to encourage him to make that choice . Why for his sake not ours as fans?

Michael
Well Mike,

-He can be part of a school who is one of the tops in the nation at graduating their student-athletes. (Football is 2nd in the nation)
-He'll have a coach that cares about where he is going in life more then just winning games.
-Pryor is pretty close to his grandfather and would like him to be able to see him play. Penn State is A Little over 2 Hours away from Jeanette. Columbus is over 3 Hours and Ann Arbor is over 5 Hours. I think from a Travel standpoint, Penn State makes a better option there.
-If JayPa gets his wish, Penn State will be a spread offense this year. You know how much Pryor loves the spread.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #36
Michael Keller
Starter
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sacramento California
Posts: 429
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5736
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Lord Stiller

That is a fair question or observation on your part. your part . My focal point of concern is that just too many college quarterbacks that have bad habits or throwing or passing mechanics that i srongly believe should be corrected and or developed to a higher level of perfection incollege.

Vince young is the most recent notable case in point. I think the coaches did this kid diservice as I see MOST high school QB's with much better mechanics. What's gooing on. The answer I believe is lets ride the horse the way he runs because we will win. IN COLLEGE, TEXAS WINS A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP , PENN STATE WINS THE BIG 10, WITH ROBINSON AND THE ORANGE BOWL

Todd Blackhedge former Penn Quarterback was a case in point of bad mechanics, Michael Robinson was a great college QB. I certainly can understand PSU using him as they did, no problem BUT if I am TP or if I' m looking out for the young man, (the next 2 to 4 years could provide for tremendous fianacial freeedom ) I am asking "where do I maximize my NFL playing potential. There is nothing wrong with that objective as most of us go to college to get a better job or carreer. At this junctuire I am not convinced PSU is the best place but I am open minded and quite frankly, being from Pennsylvania, I would love to see him at Happy Valley but not as another Michael Robinson. I put TP before my fan partisanship. I am not sure a recruit can request the following but if I am Tp i want a QB coach that can take me to the next level. If any recruit can dictate this, he probably could. . I am serious please convince me, that other than the great college experience at PSU, which no one could deny) PSU is the best place for TP

Last edited by Michael Keller; 02-09-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #37
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
bigger fanbase than Michigan or OSU for one

the real question is why do you think he would be worse off going to PSU rather than OSU or Michigan? doesnt make sense

If he can bring a national title to JoePa before he retires, he will become a LEGEND
Sorry, man, but this is WAAAAAAY off. OSU is MAYBE second only to ND in fanbase, and that's only a maybe. PSU has a nice fanbase, but they fall into top-20 status only. Ohio State is now (and there is no reason to believe given their continued dominant recruiting) a true perennial national championship contender. They've been there 3 out of the last 7. Think bigger. What if Pryor brought TWO titles to OSU in his years there? OSU gets 3 out of 5 tries in 9 years?

Hate on the Bucks as much as you want, but give respect where it is due. MOST of the hate is based on envy.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #38
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

i'm sry that PSU fan base is not the top 20.. they avg about 108,000 fans a game.... so how is that not in the top 3-5 area... and i beleive that PSU is the only college that has a section for students only instead of other schools just putting them in random spots... i would say that OSU i sdecent, But, they lost the last 2 national championships games, they can't win the big game it looks like.
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #39
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Sorry, man, but this is WAAAAAAY off. OSU is MAYBE second only to ND in fanbase, and that's only a maybe. PSU has a nice fanbase, but they fall into top-20 status only. Ohio State is now (and there is no reason to believe given their continued dominant recruiting) a true perennial national championship contender. They've been there 3 out of the last 7. Think bigger. What if Pryor brought TWO titles to OSU in his years there? OSU gets 3 out of 5 tries in 9 years?

Hate on the Bucks as much as you want, but give respect where it is due. MOST of the hate is based on envy.
Actually OSU Does NOT have the No.2 Fanbase. That is Penn State. National Championship Contender? Talk to me mid year or around the Time Penn State plays Ohio State. Haven't you guys gotten embarassed in the last 2 National Championships? I think by over 40 points? Yeah, National Championship Contender my butt.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #40
Lord Stiller
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,230
Member Number: 7087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Sorry, man, but this is WAAAAAAY off. OSU is MAYBE second only to ND in fanbase, and that's only a maybe. PSU has a nice fanbase, but they fall into top-20 status only. Ohio State is now (and there is no reason to believe given their continued dominant recruiting) a true perennial national championship contender. They've been there 3 out of the last 7. Think bigger. What if Pryor brought TWO titles to OSU in his years there? OSU gets 3 out of 5 tries in 9 years?

Hate on the Bucks as much as you want, but give respect where it is due. MOST of the hate is based on envy.
What world do you live in????

Current enrollment at Penn state is 85+ k, ohio state is 60k. And that is just the current numbers of students

I thought it was common knowledge that PEnn State and Notre Dame have the biggest fanbases. Guess you are a few buckeyes short of a tree
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts