Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #41
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087
Default Re: Terrelle Pryor going to Ohio state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
Lord Stiller

That is a fair question or observation on your part. your part . My focal point of concern is that just too many college quarterbacks that have bad habits or throwing or passing mechanics that i srongly believe should be corrected and or developed to a higher level of perfection incollege.

Vince young is the most recent notable case in point. I think the coaches did this kid diservice as I see MOST high school QB's with much better mechanics. What's gooing on. The answer I believe is lets ride the horse the way he runs because we will win. IN COLLEGE, TEXAS WINS A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP , PENN STATE WINS THE BIG 10, WITH ROBINSON AND THE ORANGE BOWL

Todd Blackhedge former Penn Quarterback was a case in point of bad mechanics, Michael Robinson was a great college QB. I certainly can understand PSU using him as they did, no problem BUT if I am TP or if I' m looking out for the young man, (the next 2 to 4 years could provide for tremendous fianacial freeedom ) I am asking "where do I maximize my NFL playing potential. There is nothing wrong with that objective as most of us go to college to get a better job or carreer. At this junctuire I am not convinced PSU is the best place but I am open minded and quite frankly, being from Pennsylvania, I would love to see him at Happy Valley but not as another Michael Robinson. I put TP before my fan partisanship. I am not sure a recruit can request the following but if I am Tp i want a QB coach that can take me to the next level. If any recruit can dictate this, he probably could. . I am serious please convince me, that other than the great college experience at PSU, which no one could deny) PSU is the best place for TP
So you are saying that TP would be better off going to Ohio State because they are better at coaching QBs? You might be right but there is little evidence to prove your theory
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #42
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Sorry kids, here come the facts: OSU is the biggest University in the US.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...0.html?sid=101

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...970.xml&coll=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_University

I also believe they have the most alumni of any university in the US, which just makes sense. Somewhere around half a million living alumni.

But I wasn't even talking about that stuff. I was talking about "fan base" in general, meaning how well the fans travel, how many fans there are in general, etc, etc...Notre Dame probably has a bigger general fan base, now that I think about it, because every Catholic is at least a lip-service paying fan.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #43
Lord Stiller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Sorry kids, here come the facts: OSU is the biggest University in the US.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...0.html?sid=101

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...970.xml&coll=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_University

I also believe they have the most alumni of any university in the US, which just makes sense. Somewhere around half a million living alumni.

But I wasn't even talking about that stuff. I was talking about "fan base" in general, meaning how well the fans travel, how many fans there are in general, etc, etc...Notre Dame probably has a bigger general fan base, now that I think about it, because every Catholic is at least a lip-service paying fan.
Sorry bud, you are wrong.

Penn State has things called "branch" campuses all across the state of Pennsylvania. Many times, you are required to attend a branch campus before going to the main campus

total enrollment at Penn State = 83k like i posted earlier http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_State (23k more than OSU)

I also believe Penn State has more alumni than Ohio State which makes sense. And Im not even jsut talking about that. Many people in PA are penn state fans that didnt go to the college

Pennsylvania > Ohio (population and size)

Penn State > Ohio State (students enrolled, alumni and fanbase)
Old 02-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #44
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Whatever dude...if you want to believe that there are more PSU fans, have at it. It's no bread off my table...these are exactly the kind of retarded arguments I refuse to get into on message boards anymore...
Old 02-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #45
Lord Stiller
Banned

Quote:
if you want to believe that there are more PSU fans
truth hurts i guess? So you dont even think its close? do you now realize there are 30k more students enrolled in PSU right now? do you realize PA has a bigger population than Ohio? I live in DC and know of 2 great Penn State bars, there are no Ohio bars

Penn State has a similar hardcore following as the Steelers do. I guess we could compare the Buckeyes following to the Brownies or the Bungles j/k

I went to the Orange Bowl a few years ago and Penn State pretty much took over South Beach and outnumbered the FSU fans by far. Did you notice how the National Champ. game was like a home game for LSU? Yeah well if it were Penn State vs LSU, it would have been like a home game for Penn State

WE ARE........
Old 02-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #46
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I'm laughing too hard over here to respond.

Alright, you win....

Nope, gotta have one last little say...

http://www4.vindy.com/content/sports...8456941530.php
Old 02-11-2008, 09:15 AM   #47
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

o state stadium Capacity: 101,568

Beaver Stadium has a capacity of 107,282, making it the second largest stadium in the United States (smaller than Michigan Stadium by 219 seats), the third largest stadium in North America, and the sixth largest stadium in the world.

mmm. i wonder why PSU stadium is so big??? i guess that it's so big b/c we have a huge fan base and many many fans that go to the game

more info on beaver stadium

Beaver Stadium is widely known as one of the toughest venues for opposing teams in collegiate athletics. Kirk Herbstreit of ESPN says that Penn State has one of the best student sections in the nation and Gameday at PSU is "The Greatest Show in College Sports". A 2007 ESPN article ranked Beaver Stadium 5th in its top 10 list of "Scariest Places to Play".

this fact is from a couple yrs ago but shows the fan base of it... and of course over the yrs grown

In 2002, Penn State also set an NCAA record for largest season attendance, with 1,257,707 watching Penn State games over the course of the season

i can keep going if u want me too..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.

Last edited by lilyoder6; 02-11-2008 at 10:04 AM.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #48
Lord Stiller
Banned

Quote:
I'm laughing too hard over here to respond.

Alright, you win....

Nope, gotta have one last little say...

http://www4.vindy.com/content/sports...8456941530.php
wow, a homer article prooves your point....LMFAO!

Im not denying that OSU has a very large fanbase. Its just not as big as Penn State's
Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #49
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i got ur back lord... lol o state is a good school but u just can't come out and saying the fan base is better than PSU...

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #50
buckeyestu_1309
Water Boy

Member Number: 8222

First off, when they come up with the "biggest University's in the US" they don't count branch campus's. They look at the school itself. Ohio State has a ton of branches through-out the state of ohio, but in the end when they use the basis of just the main campus (which they have used for a long time) and Ohio State kills Penn State.

Second, don't give me this crap comparing Pen State playing in the Orange Bowl (8 hours from Tallahassee where florida state's main campus is located) to ohio state playing in new orleans for the national championship (70 miles from Baton Rouge where LSU is located). I was there for that game, and the biased local news even said on the air. we OWNED bourbon street all 3 days I was there. As far as when I was AT THE GAME, the entire upper bowl and part of the lower part was mainly buckeyes. Don't tell me it's like a home game for Florida State and it's not for LSU. Florida State can't even compete with LSU. Florida has three big time programs in Florida (Florida, Florida State, and Miami). Louisana has one, meaning the entire state pulls for that team, unlike Florida state. So when they play 70 miles from home for a national championship (something Penn State doesn't know about) it's not even close to what you expierenced at the orange bowl. Quit kidding yourself and trying to compare the two.

Third, Ohio State championships: 7, Penn State championships: 2. Ohio State Heisman's: 7, Penn State Heismans's: 1. That about sums up tradition for you doesn't it???

Fourth, as far as the stadium goes. Sure you have a bigger stadium, but only because OSU has no interest in closing the stadium to get in more people. Do you really think that if OSU closed the 'Shoe it wouldn't be bigger than Penn State's crap-shoot? Our stadium has history (it's even been added to the National Register of Historic Places, look it up) because of the horseshoe shape. By keeping it open, it upholds that tradition. So yeah it's not the biggest, but it's still pretty darn big, and a lot more unique than just some giagantic stadium that looks no different than any other stadium :cough:

Fifth, when is the last time you guys have played a meaningful game? I love JoePa, but as long as he is there you won't be contending for any national titles (just look at your recruiting class this year) Terrelle Pryor would be stupid to go to a school like Penn State over OSU (or even Michigan). Unless he has no interest in playing for anything but the NFL

Lastly, yeah you can rip on us for losing the last two championships, but ATLEAST WE ARE PLAYING FOR THEM. No one can even touch us in the Big One. Rip on us all you want, but I know all fans would love to be playing for a title year-in, year-out.

GO BUCKS
buckeyestu_1309 is offline   Reply With Quote