Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

The day our Steelers won their 5th ring. My wife told me it was the happiest she has ever seen me...excluding our wedding day and the birth of our 3 kids.

I may have to go home tonight and watch the game. I saw all 5 of the games, but the one 2 years ago today meant the most to me because the 70's spoiled me and I wasn't sure if I'd see another one after waiting 26 years.

Ben will get us another ring....but he's going to need some help. I just believe that with him and Tomlin, that it won't be another 26 years before we see another one.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
Lord Stiller
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,230
Member Number: 7087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
The day our Steelers won their 5th ring. My wife told me it was the happiest she has ever seen me...excluding our wedding day and the birth of our 3 kids.

I may have to go home tonight and watch the game. I saw all 5 of the games, but the one 2 years ago today meant the most to me because the 70's spoiled me and I wasn't sure if I'd see another one after waiting 26 years.

Ben will get us another ring....but he's going to need some help. I just believe that with him and Tomlin, that it won't be another 26 years before we see another one.
Good idea. I have all the playoff games and the SB on dvd and also the official NFL films dvd for the enitre season which is EXCELLENT

Ben will definitely get us another ring, he is a true leader and classy guy. Hopefully we win another SB before Ward retires. Even though Ward complains to the media too much, he plays his butt off every game and wears his heart on his sleeve
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer
 
steelergirl07's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Posts: 373
Gender: Female
Member Number: 6622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

Last night on the NFL network they had America's Game: The 2005 Steelers. It was so awesome to relive it. That show is great, you should watch it if you can. They might have it on DVD. Not to sure.
__________________

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelergirl07 View Post
Last night on the NFL network they had America's Game: The 2005 Steelers. It was so awesome to relive it. That show is great, you should watch it if you can. They might have it on DVD. Not to sure.
It's saved on my DVR and is marked to never be erased.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
Good idea. I have all the playoff games and the SB on dvd and also the official NFL films dvd for the enitre season which is EXCELLENT

Ben will definitely get us another ring, he is a true leader and classy guy. Hopefully we win another SB before Ward retires. Even though Ward complains to the media too much, he plays his butt off every game and wears his heart on his sleeve
I have the entire season on DVD, the playoff games, the pre-game SB, and the post game coverage. It is incredible. One of these days...perhaps even this offseason...I may have to watch a game per weekend to get my football "fix" satisfied.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Lord Stiller
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,230
Member Number: 7087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelergirl07 View Post
Last night on the NFL network they had America's Game: The 2005 Steelers. It was so awesome to relive it. That show is great, you should watch it if you can. They might have it on DVD. Not to sure.
This is the DVD I have which is very well done

I love seeing the sideline stuff like when Cowher went to yell at Silverback about a special teams penalty and all Harrison said was "$h!t happens" and also Polamalu asking to take it "over the top" if they overturned Big Ben's TD
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

....Steelers Fever 99% of its Bengal Trolls.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer
 
steelergirl07's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Posts: 373
Gender: Female
Member Number: 6622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
This is the DVD I have which is very well done

I love seeing the sideline stuff like when Cowher went to yell at Silverback about a special teams penalty and all Harrison said was "$h!t happens" and also Polamalu asking to take it "over the top" if they overturned Big Ben's TD
Everytime I go to Borders, I'm tempted to get that DVD. I will get it when I have some extra cash.

I felt like such a sap last night. I started to tear up when watching what the team did for Bettis (using his ND jersey, letting him run out alone. etc.). I'm such a girl sometimes.
__________________

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

I have both the "Steelers Road to XL - post season Collector's Edition" and the "Super Bowl XL Champions - Pittsburgh Steelers Special Edition" DVD's. Both are excellent and I, too, tear up when I watch them remembering what a helluva ride that season was for us Steelers fans!
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,248
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 17
Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

This day two years ago, I was just getting back into town from the Drive home from Pittsburgh to Arkansas. It was the greatest drive of my life. The celebration in the city after the win, the snow in the streets as we all danced and partied after the win. The endless chanting of "Here we Go" "Pittsburgh Just WON the Super Bowl"

I'll be watching the playoff games and the SB again tonight...hell yeah!
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts