Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #21
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Two years ago today - February 5, 2006

"who was that?" Ben
"It was champ!" Charlie
"Champ!" Ben with a big smile

Greatness.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #22
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
"who was that?" Ben
"It was champ!" Charlie
"Champ!" Ben with a big smile

Greatness.
The funny part was hearing Maddox and Arians on the sidelines.

Maddox walks over and in a deep retarded sounding voice says "Just what we wanted!" - he sounded so stupid

Then after everybody talked about the play, Arians walks over and babbles some crap
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #23
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Also enjoyed the pass to ward when ben says "When I threw it I was sure it was going to get picked" pretty sure that was from the Broncos game too.

Ben and Charlie have a really good relationship. That's nice to ssee.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #24
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The end of the 2005 Steelers America's Game is bittersweet as over the closing credits they note Cowher retired after the next season and Porter was released.

The 70s Steelers America's Game videos are epic - my favorite is the 75 Steelers (the greatest Steelers SB champ of them all) with Wagner, White & Swann - Dwight White on the Browns game that season - "you're gonna have a bad day today - you can take this ass whipping any way you want, but you're gonna take it."

All 5 available on Amazon for $28.99 (or download for $1.99 each on Amazon or ITunes) with extras like this (extras only on DVD)

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801413a7
Yep bittersweet for sure at the end and shows you how quickly things can change in todays NFL. Thanks for the info on the set, will check it out as I need to add this to my collection.

Dwite White was awesone with his commenatrries, and loved Porter as well.
"Once again I got to play the bad guy..... hahaha...."
After winning XL " I never kissed so many dudes in my life......."

Also like the perspective of Lynn Swann, can't remeber which year he narrated. Although I was young then it sure makes me appreciate the amount of abuse those receivers took back then. Half the pansy receivers that play today just simply would not have lasted with those rules.
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #25
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

"Who Dey"

"We Dey"

Old 02-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #26
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Ahh the superbowl winn......The Parker TD to truly impress Bettis...............Randell El's PERFECT throw......the trophyyy!
GO STILLERS!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:20 AM   #27
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
... All 5 available on Amazon for $28.99 (or download for $1.99 each on Amazon or ITunes) with extras like this (extras only on DVD)
That's what I want 2 buy. I've seen the 2005 one on youtube, and yes I admit it, that I had tears in my eyes when they showed Bettis's entrance 4 the SB.

Couple months ago I received the DVDs of the 4 playoff games for the 2005 season. It was nice. I loved it.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #28
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Is that the same DVD that they show ever single heart break loss up to 05...starting with the Chargers, then Dallas, then Denver, Then NE and then NE again...

That gives me chills, cause I remember every moment...and it does keep you humble when you remember the hard times...something other fans around the league need to keep in mind...Of coarse, we do have FIVE Rings....something the other fans need to keep in mind as well when they talk smack.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #29
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Sports Illustrated's Dr. Z rates Super Bowl XL as the worst of the worst:

The FEARSOME F's

Quote:
XL (2006) Steelers 21, Seahawks 10 -- Both quarterbacks awful. Only strong memory was the terrible officiating. Signs everywhere proclaimed it 40th Anniversary. I got into at least 50 arguments. Super Bowl 40 is not a 40th Anniversary, I explained. Just as the day of your wedding is not the first anniversary. The only argument I got was, "We've made the signs already."
I just HATE that it will always be remembered as a poorly played, horribly officiated game, almost like the Steelers don't even deserve to be thought of as champs.

On a more positive note, he ranked Super Bowl XIV as the second best (now that XLII is according to him the best thing ever ever ever):

Quote:
No. 2, XIV (1980) Steelers 31, Rams 19 -- A game that held great personal appeal. A sociological study, The last hurrah of a great dynasty. The Steel Curtain starting to show a little age, a little tiredness, and then the feisty Rams smacking it to them on the ground, which people never did. And L.A. is driving for the kill when Jack Lambert drifts way back in the zone and picks one off, and then Terry Bradshaw hits John Stallworth for 73 yards, and the rebellion has been quelled. For the mighty Steel Curtain, darkness followed.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #30
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
Sports Illustrated's Dr. Z rates Super Bowl XL as the worst of the worst:

The FEARSOME F's

I just HATE that it will always be remembered as a poorly played, horribly officiated game, almost like the Steelers don't even deserve to be thought of as champs.

On a more positive note, he ranked Super Bowl XIV as the second best (now that XLII is according to him the best thing ever ever ever):
Funny how our aging veteran defense came up big and won us a 4th title...while the Greatest Team in the History of the NFL had an aging defense that couldn't close it out last weekend.

Also, in regards to SB 40...if Dr. Z and other are going to continually scrutinize the game and in a backhanded way, discredit us from winning the game....how many NE games do we need to look at over the years with the same magnifying glass? Bottom line, the Steelers are said to have stunk that game because Ben short armed a throw to a wide open Wilson in the end zone. Had he lofted the ball up, it's 21-3 and game over.

I can think of games that were far worse SB's than that game...such as nearly every Denver SB prior to 1997, Miami vs San Fran in 1984, Chicago vs. New England in 1985, etc.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote