Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Beliprick excuse for leaving the field

Belichick also addressed his controversial decision to enter the field, embrace Giants coach Tom Coughlin, and then high-tail it to the locker room with time left on the clock.

?I wasn?t really sure of the time,? Belichick said. ?Everybody started on to the field and then I got over there and I wanted to congratulate Tom. I?ve been in that situation before after the game. I wanted to get over there and congratulate him and congratulate him on the championship. There really wasn?t much left at that point.?

Even if Belichick ?wasn?t really sure of the time,? folks like referee Mike Carey were trying to tell him that the game wasn?t over. And Belichick treated Carey as if he were invisible.

profootballtalk.com

Last edited by I-Want-Troy's-Hair; 02-06-2008 at 12:14 AM.
I-Want-Troy's-Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517
Default Re: Billiprick excuse for leaving the field

Excuses, excuses...if it was me, I'da said "Oh! Ok, one more play, back to sideline folks" and wait out the final play.

That said, I thought Mike Carey and Crew did a good job officiating the game.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

that just showed everyone in the world how ****y and stubborn beliecheat really is. he didnt listen to the ref. he didnt care. he knew he was congradulating coughlin no matter what and leaving ASAP. just shows you how disrespcetful of a person he really is.
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

yeah couldn't even finish the game.. it was 1 sec.. i think he could of waited esp. when the refs were telling him it wasn't over.. he should be fined for ignoring the refs.. lol

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #5
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman16 View Post
Excuses, excuses...if it was me, I'da said "Oh! Ok, one more play, back to sideline folks" and wait out the final play.

That said, I thought Mike Carey and Crew did a good job officiating the game.
Me to as well as my coach. We lost a playoff game this year that costed us a shot at States, but my coach didn't leave the field before then. Beliprick basically told us kids who play the game it's ok to leave the field at anytime for a bad reason.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 AM   #6
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: Beliprick excuse for leaving the field

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
Belichick also addressed his controversial decision to enter the field, embrace Giants coach Tom Coughlin, and then high-tail it to the locker room with time left on the clock.

?I wasn?t really sure of the time,? Belichick said. ?Everybody started on to the field and then I got over there and I wanted to congratulate Tom. I?ve been in that situation before after the game. I wanted to get over there and congratulate him and congratulate him on the championship. There really wasn?t much left at that point.?

Even if Belichick ?wasn?t really sure of the time,? folks like referee Mike Carey were trying to tell him that the game wasn?t over. And Belichick treated Carey as if he were invisible.

profootballtalk.com
SHUT UP BELICHICK....

everyone says how smart u are... dont even know how many seconds are on a clock dumb shat
Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836

Here`s an interesting piece by Nick Halling....who he?....well he presents American football for Sky.
He`s something of a hero for me for two reasons 1. He knows his football and 2.He supports the Steelers.

Halling on TV

Each week through the season Sky’s Nick Halling has been giving nfluk.com readers an insight behind the scenes in the broadcasting world. In his final column of the 2007/08 season Nick looks back on Super Bowl XLII from his perspective in Sky’s studio in University of Phoenix Stadium.

This being my final column of the season (stop cheering in the cheap seats) I would like to end on a positive, but before doing that, I feel compelled to comment in a negative way about Bill Belichick, who is without question an outstanding football coach, but who continues to convey the impression that he’s not much of a human being.

It’s the Super Bowl, and your sick as a dog that you’ve been denied at the death. But you still have to show some class. Stick around till it’s all over Bill. I know you don’t care what anyone thinks about you, but try to show the game a little class, even if you find it impossible to show a little class to anyone outside your own arid little world.

And by the time you read this, there might be a lot more to say about Bill Belichick’s cheating. He refuses to talk about it, which doesn’t come as any kind of surprise. But it seems there’s more out there than any of us believed.

No wonder he doesn’t want to talk about it. If it is true, it severely tarnishes his reputation. Bad enough having few personal qualities, but so much worse if you can only win by cheating.

The wonderful irony in the whole Belichick thing is that Patriots “fans” will rally round him. They are just happy that they support a winning team I suppose. What they fail to realise is that their team is run by a man who would probably prefer to play games behind closed doors. He doesn’t need fans, doesn’t want them. They are outsiders, just like the rest of us. And Belichick has no truck with outsiders.

Despite the fact that I never thought the Giants could do it, you have to give an awful lot of credit to their coach, Tom Coughlin. He used to be a hard, strict, soul-less

disciplinarian (what it is with these ex-Parcells guys?), but as has been well documented, he has changed.

Change is good for all of us. Would it hurt Bill Belichick to change a little bit? And show us that, you know, deep down he’s a human being just like us. Too often he comes across as Mr Spock, but even old Spock had a sense of humour.

And now lets turn our attention to someone else who has really has changed. Plaxico Burress has always been blessed with an abundance of talent, but a talent apparently lacking in application. I remember talking about the guy with Shaun Gayle and we both agreed that his only problem lay between his ears.

Well this season, Burress has been a revelation. First of all, he has been a true team player. And second – and just as important – he has been prepared to play through pain. We all knew about the ankle: that’s been bothering him since training camp. It seems he had knee problems too, and at one point his very participation in the Super Bowl was in doubt.

How fitting, then, that Burress had what proved to be the game-winning touchdown. He has earned my unquestioned respect for the way he has applied himself to his task this season, with Eli losing first Derek Ward and then Jeremy Shockey, the pressure to deliver has been squarely on his shoulders.

Talent plus application: now that’s a scary combination.

Full marks for the planning and preparation of Super Bowl XLII. A big pat on the back goes to everyone involved in making it one of the smoothest, best-organised Super Bowls I can remember.

There is something to be said for taking the Bowl game to places where it is really wanted. I have carped on many times before about Miami’s lamentable effort last season, where the rain only exacerbated the sense of smug complacency around the place.

In Houston, Jacksonville, Detroit and now Phoenix, we have been in cities which were so accommodating, you really don’t want to leave. Unlike last year, we had a broadcast booth where everything actually worked this time. You know, things like TV monitors and microphones. Little things like that.

There wasn’t a bad seat in the house. Our broadcast position was high up in the gods, in the corner of the end zone, yet the view was magnificent. If you ever have a chance to go to a Cardinals game at that stadium, grab it with both hands. It’s an awesome building.

The state of Arizona had to wait 12 years between Super Bowls. I sincerely hope they don’t have to wait as long for their next one. If they want a goodwill ambassador in the UK, I’m their man.

Finally, much to look forward to for next season. Sky will be back, so too, as I understand it, Five and the BBC. And we have the small matter of another game at Wembley to look forward to as well.

I’m assuming we will be doing our usual triple-headers again, although we must await our instructions from on high regarding this one. Funny, but we actually found we got used to them after a while.

The crew were wonderful to work with. When you consider all the serious hours of work we have had to put it, there was hardly a cross word exchanged between any of us. Producer Karl Baumann and his right arm Ben March did a terrific job (Ben was my producer here in Arizona and he was truly exceptional), while Kev and I got on well too, with much of that down to Kev, who is ultra-professional yet very laid-back.

I’m going to miss Sunday nights. Quite frankly, I don’t know what I am going to do with myself. Roll on September. But until then, have a good few months, and lets look forward to an exciting future.

http://www.nfluk.com/features-display.php?id=2913

Just found another piece by Halling regarding Belichick...

http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=2905

Last edited by sherlock; 02-06-2008 at 12:57 PM.
sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
crcsnail
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2091

good post sherlock .i also like halling a lot, although a true steeler ,he does always give unbiased opinions on all teams .and he has great knowledge on the game and is also a very good commentator .i listened to him and not the yanks commentary this year and he was excellent
Old 02-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Talent plus application: now that?s a scary combination.
Talk about the one of the most relevant statements in the article!!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

or maybe its true what eli said on letterman last night that maybe he left early to beat traffic. eli actually showed a little character last night. just a little though. pretty funny.
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote