Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,222 Times in 2,677 Posts
Default Belichick/Walsh = Clemens/McNamee???

just about every patsfan is convinced ex-video asst. steve walsh(?) has nothing on the patriots and is disgruntled and looking to cash in by spreading lies and rumors about the patriots.

kinda like the sentiment that surrounds clemens' old trainer who says he was injecting roger with roids.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Quote:
Clemens said little, but his lawyers repeatedly attacked McNamee's character and scoffed at the newly presented evidence.

"This man has a total history of lying," Clemens' attorney Rusty Hardin said.

McNamee's lawyers called on Clemens to provide a DNA sample. Asked about that, Hardin said the pitcher would comply with any request of that type from a federal authority.

"But they're going to have to come to us," Hardin said.

McNamee's attorneys did not know when the items would be tested -- or when the results might be known.

"We look forward to the results of these tests," said another McNamee lawyer, Richard Emery, "and we look forward to just definitively finishing this whole controversy and ending this circus."

McNamee's attorneys said he turned over physical evidence to federal prosecutors, shortly after Clemens held a Jan. 7 nationally televised news conference at which he played a taped conversation between the two men.

"At that point," Ward said, "[McNamee] decided there was no holds barred."

One photo shows a beer can that Emery said was taken out of a trash can in Clemens' New York apartment in 2001. Emery said the beer can contained needles used to inject Clemens. That picture also shows what Emery said was gauze used to wipe blood off Clemens after a shot.

The other photo shows vials of what Emery said were testosterone, and unused needles -- items the attorney said Clemens gave to McNamee.

While Clemens' camp called it "manufactured" evidence, Emery said the items were "just a collection of stuff" thrown in a box and "kept in a basement for seven years."

Emery said McNamee kept the items because he "had this inkling and gut feeling that he couldn't trust Roger and better keep something to protect himself in the future."
lets all hope walsh is this smart and he has something damning that can stick.

im sick of all the pattycakes blaming specter and 31 other teams for their cheating and chokejobs.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Belichick/Walsh = Clemens/McNamee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
just about every patsfan is convinced ex-video asst. steve walsh(?) has nothing on the patriots and is disgruntled and looking to cash in by spreading lies and rumors about the patriots.
Bullsh*t. If that were the case, he would have said something very loudly about it in September.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
tony hipchest

i think this is the largest patboard and a good guage of the overall sentiment. alot of jailhouse lawyers over there.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...t=77396&page=3

League in the process of granting legal indemnification to walsh

Quote:
I am confident Goodall wants it to go away. I suspect this is to give Walsh and whatever other Patriot haters are out there less amunition for excuses like "Walsh couldn't give all information he had because he was scared of being sued" or whatever. Make him as free as possible to say what he can, then say that he provided no useful information.
Quote:
Last time I checked, the Pats are 1/32 of the NFL. If the NFL gives Walsh legal protection, I would doubt the Pats would then be able to sue him. Let Walsh say whatever he wants and then let Belichick deny it. Let Walsh provide whatever tapes he has and let Belichick say he had nothing to do with them. And the world goes right on a-spinnin'...

Quote:
the whole story is walsh and the tape. if there is no tape, where is walsh's credibility ? he's already lied about taping the walk through, now he's just a disgruntled employee. if he says the pats tape things, well we know the whole league is taping various things continually.
Quote:
Which is more plausible? A guy who's bounced around from job to job, lied on his resume, etc being disgruntled over being fired, or the same guy being disgruntled because the Patriots "made him do bad stuff and then paid him off to be quiet."

Sure, it's also possible he's disgruntled because Tom Brady pisses in his cereal every morning, but I think if it's okay with you I'm going to go with the explanation that makes the most logical sense
Quote:
They come out ahead by ending this as a news story. The goal isn't to change public opinion...that ship has sailed. Can Easterbrook hate the Pats any more? Can Steve Young be more frustrated with the Pats organization? Can Tom Jackson have a larger stick up his arse when discussing the Pats? You see where I am going...

My point was that the Pats need to get to the penalty phase as quickly as possible. Unless Walsh has video of Belichick asking for an illicit activity (beyond what they've already admitted to and been punished for) or receiving the bounty of an illicit activity, Walsh has nada.

Goodell needs Kraft in the weeks ahead. It is foolish to believe Kraft didn't sign off on the original punishment (which is the real reason why the tapes were destroyed). Kraft wouldn't stand for any punishment, even a mild public scolding, based on anything Walsh has or says unless it is air tight.
so its really kraft who runs the NFL?

Quote:
What very well could be happending here is that Walsh is trying to hide behind a supposed confidentiality provision in his separation agreement.

That is, he's suggesting he knows stuff, but then when it comes time to answer questions, he defers, "oh, I can't answer because I'm afraid I'll get sued."

What the league is doing here is calling his bluff. Saying, "ok, we'll remove that obstacle."

It's similar to what the prosecutors did to Barry Bonds for his grand jury testimony. He said he wouldn't testify because he didn't want to incriminate himself. They said, "fine, we'll give you immunity for everything but perjury," and then he had to testify.
and it goes on, and on, and on....

this really puts the seahawk fans crying about the refs to shame. these people are talking about bringing arlen specter down with the rest of the nfl (especially the 70's steelers) by flooding him with phone calls, letters, and e-mails.

its really sick and dilusional.

THE PATRIOTS WERE CAUGHT CHEATING!

damn, i hope walsh has the smoking gun to shut these babies up.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

LMAO!!!! How can so many retards congregate in one place?

Quote:
these people are talking about bringing arlen specter down with the rest of the nfl (especially the 70's steelers) by flooding him with phone calls, letters, and e-mails.
Obviously, they don't know too much about Arlen. He's like a dog with a bone and after all of the Pats* cheating over the years is brought to the forefront by Senator Specter's office, grab a comfy chair and watch the remaining bandwagon Pats* fans jump off like their asses are on fire.

They can flood Specter's office with emails and phone calls until their fingers fall off. Arlen doesn't back down.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
LMAO!!!! How can so many retards congregate in one place?
im kind of in shock-

How to Pay Back Specter and STOP the Witch Hunt (post longer than what is quoted)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ad.php?t=77192

Quote:
Now we can sit around and let Specter bully around the Patriots and forever tarnish their dynasty. Or we can stop it now.

If you live in Massachusetts, Rhode Island or Vermont I suggest contacting one of these three and ask them about expanding Specter's probe to include the Steelers. Think Tom Brady would garner a lot of attention forced to testify in a committee room about SpyGate? How about Terry Bradshaw? Heck, expand it to the Cowboys too. There's evidence about them as well.

The quickest way to blow this thing in Specter's face is to give him what the majority of people who vote for him don't want - an investigation of their beloved Steelers. The only way it will happen is if Leahy, Kennedy and Whitehouse hear from you about it.

Below is their contact info via email and telephone. I used to work on Capitol Hill and I know they do pay attention to your phone calls. You will speak to a staff person or intern who takes the info down and as a rule of thumb, they take each call and letter as representative of 100 voters. You can send an email as well, but letters (not form letters) make a big difference and are taken seriously (since somebody cared enough abut the issue to sit down and write a short letter to them.) For tips on what to say, go to this site.

Send this out to all your friends and family and put a stop to this crazy witch hunt. If you want to save yourself some money, the toll free number to the Capitol switchboard , by the way, is

Senator Patrick Leahy
433 Russell Senate Office Building
US Senate
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-4242
Contact via email: http://leahy.senate.gov/contact.cfm

Senator Edward M. Kennedy
Contact via email:http://kennedy.senate.gov/senator/contact.cfm
Washington Office
317 Russell Senate Building
Washington D.C. 20510
p (202) 224-4543
f (202) 224-2417

Massachusetts Office
2400 JFK Building
Boston, MA 02203
p (617) 565-3170
p (877) 472-9014
f (617) 565-3183

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse
Contact Via Email: http://whitehouse.senate.gov/contact.cfm
Providence Office:
170 Westminster Street, Suite 1100
Providence, RI 02903
401-453-5294 phone
401-453-5085 fax

Washington Office:
Hart Senate Office Building Room 502
Washington, D.C. 20510
202-224-2921 phone
202-228-6362 fax

If you're not from these states and want to contact your Senator, go to Congress.org to find their contact info.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
tony hipchest

how about a petition demanding that goodell investigate the game and allow them to replay it?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ad.php?t=77466

i'll give them this. the better (or supposed "best") team did infact lose.

however, the steelerfans never went through these lengths when they were the better team ( w/o having to cheat) in 01 and 04. then again the steelers "dynasty" tag has never been questioned, tainted, and stamped with an *

Quote:

Moderator note: The author of this petition is using the "Digest of Rules" and is wrong. See this post for more details. (see link)

Whats up with this?
==================================

To: National Football League; Commissioner Roger Goodell

We the fans of the New England Patriots demand that the National Football League and Commissioner Roger Goodell review the last 1:40 minutes of the Super Bowl held February 3rd 2008. At 1:22 in the fourth quarter, after Jacobs attained a first down the clock was stopped. The following are the rules regarding clock management in a game.

1. The stadium game clock is official. In case it stops or is operating incorrectly, the Line Judge takes over the official timing on the field.
2. Each period is 15 minutes. The intermission between the periods is two minutes. Halftime is 12 minutes, unless otherwise specified.
3. On charged team time outs, the Field Judge starts watch and blows whistle after 1 minute 50 seconds, unless television does not utilize the time for commercial. In this case the length of the time out is reduced to 40 seconds.
4. The Referee will allow necessary time to attend to an injured player, or repair a legal player’s equipment.
5. Each team is allowed three time outs each half.
6. Time between plays will be 40 seconds from the end of a given play until the snap of the ball for the next play, or a 25-second interval after certain administrative stoppages and game delays.
7. Clock will start running when ball is snapped following all changes of team possession.
8. With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal.
9. Consecutive team time outs can be taken by opposing teams but the length of the second time out will be reduced to 40 seconds.
10. When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team.

Nowhere in the above rules does it state that in the conditions of what was happening on the clock should be stopped. Also in addition to this six seconds were added to the game clock. Had this illegal clock stoppage not occurred there would have been 40 seconds less time on the clock, 46 seconds less if you consider the six seconds added on after the play. This means that after that play, if the clock was running the way it is supposed to by the rulebook, there would only be 42 seconds left on the clock. Furthermore if this was not enough on the subsequent play time was not taken off during the play followed by a random flashing of numbers on the clock.

The following drive took the Giants a total of 52 seconds on the game clock from the point that six seconds were added to the clock. However if the time was managed the way it was supposed to be there would have been no time left on the clock after Eli Manning was tackled at :50 seconds on the game clock. This irrefutable proof demands that Super Bowl XLII be reviewed from the point of the first illegal stoppage.

We the fans of the NFL demand that Commissioner investigate this matter as it is in his ability and it is his responsibility. The following is what the commissioner may do in this matter.

Commissioner’s Authority
The Commissioner has sole authority to investigate and to take appropriate disciplinary or corrective measures if any club action, nonparticipant interference, or emergency occurs in an NFL game which he deems so unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of a game.

No Club Protests
The authority and measures provided for in this section (UNFAIR ACTS) do not constitute a protest machinery for NFL clubs to dispute the result of a game. The Commissioner will conduct an investigation under this section only to review an act or occurrence that he deems so unfair that the result of the game in question may be inequitable to one of the participating teams. The Commissioner will not apply his authority under this section when a club registers a complaint concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed.

Penalties for Unfair Acts
The Commissioner’s powers under this section (UNFAIR ACTS) include the imposition of monetary fines and draft choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified above ("Procedures for Starting and Resuming Games" under EMERGENCIES). In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedures he deems appropriate.

Please do the right thing and investigate this game.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/XLIItrut/petition.html
Old 02-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im kind of in shock-

How to Pay Back Specter and STOP the Witch Hunt (post longer than what is quoted)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ad.php?t=77192
Bwa ha ha ha!!!!! Not only are they retarded, they're delusional too! Do they really think Arlen gives a flying fandoozle what those morons think?

Quote:
Now we can sit around and let Specter bully around the Patriots and forever tarnish their dynasty. Or we can stop it now.
Didn't realize the Pats* had a dynasty.

Quote:
Senator Edward M. Kennedy
Contact via email:http://kennedy.senate.gov/senator/contact.cfm
Washington Office
317 Russell Senate Building
Washington D.C. 20510
p 1-800-IMA KILLER
f 1-800-AND ALUSH
Woooooo - watch out. The fat, drunk murderer is gonna get you Arlen. Dumb ass Pats* fans posted the wrong contact telephone number. I was nice enough to correct it for them.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Yup, investigate the '70s Steelers based on the rumors being spread by a BILLS LB that played in the '80s (Haslett) and overlook the fact that (at least) half the shitheads on your own team are juicing. Good luck with that, crybabies. Your team is a cheating fraud. Deal.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #9
tony hipchest

any coincidence that todays meeting with goodell and specter will likely take a back seat to clemens much anticipated testimony (which also happens to be today)?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

w/e man i've given up hope... i'm glad specter is being the spear head in all this but one person can only do so much..