Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-20-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Michael Robinson

What do you think of Michael Robinson? Is he a protype qb? Would you be interested in the Steelers drafting him, in the mid rounds of the 2006 draft? Cowher has always liked the slash type players. He is a player that I would like to see in Black and Gold gear.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: Michael Robinson

I am a huge Michael Robinson fan... I think he would be a great project QB, or he could be moved into the "slash" role. El might be gone next season, and Robinson can step into any role you ask of him. He could have probabaly been a great saftey if he wanted. He is strong, fast, agile, and one hell of a leader. He has good hands, and he is a great runner.

Yes Cleve, I would LOVE for the Steelers to draft Robinson.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

He will be a great WR/slash type, just as Vince Young will be. Neither of these guys will be able to play QB in the NFL, though. I think Troy Smith will get some looks as a RB/PR/KR type, but he can't play QB at the next level either.

This is an unpopular thing to say among partisan fans, but, as the draft approaches, the fact that none of these guys can play NFL QB will be more forthcoming...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Robinson will be a great fit for the Steelers. Great Skills. Great Versitality Great Everything. Heck When Release Terrible Tommy, We can put him in the QB Rotation

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
He will be a great WR/slash type, just as Vince Young will be. Neither of these guys will be able to play QB in the NFL, though. I think Troy Smith will get some looks as a RB/PR/KR type, but he can't play QB at the next level either.

This is an unpopular thing to say among partisan fans, but, as the draft approaches, the fact that none of these guys can play NFL QB will be more forthcoming...
Vince Young will make it as QB in the NFL. Robinson and Smith will not.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

I would like to give him a shot! We took a chance on Tee Martin, didn`t work but we tried.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:46 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

This is just the beginning...expect to see a lot of print on this before next April. I can't find any sources even considering Robinson or Smith as NFL QB's yet...

Vince Young

2006 NFL Draft Prospect

from Matt Malott

Position: Quarterback

School: Texas

Height: 6-5

Weight: 235

40-Yard Dash:

Positives:
In his three years at Texas, Vince has exhibited great speed and agility. This will be a great help to him in the NFL when he wants to escape the pocket, and will allow for more flexibility in the offense. His arm strength will allow him to make the throws that any NFL offense requires him to make.

Vince also has good footwork that he has worked on and improved over the past few years, which will help him to make any movements necessary in the pocket, and allow his throws to be a bit more accurate. Young also exhibits good leadership and poise, which will allow others to trust him on the field and help him in pressure situations.

Negatives:
The biggest knock on Young is his release point. He tends to release the ball from a sidearm, almost under his shoulder. This may cause several throws per game to be batted down at the line. Also due to his release point, Young is not as accurate as he could be on some of his throws. Another area of concern could be his decision making.

While he is improving, he still tends to try and force passes when there is another easier pass available. It also causes him to leave the pocket a bit prematurely. With the exception of his release point, all these problems should be easy fixes.

Overview:
While most people think that Vince won't be playing QB in the NFL, with the improvement he's made as a passer, he will be an NFL QB. His speed and agility will make him the second most feared running QB in the league, and his arm strength will allow him to make the throws he needs to.

He'll more than likely need to change his release point, otherwise he will more then likely have several balls batted down at the line. Depending on what other players come out this year, Young will more then likely be a top 20 pick as a QB.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:19 PM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Well we all knew he wouldn`t get the press of a Vince Young. But he has improved over his four years at Happy Valley. I never wanted to draft him high. And I would have never intended for him to actually start at qb for us. Just as a third string qb only. He is already better than Maddox.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:10 PM   #9
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

Robinson is electric but I'm more curious as to who will be a better pro QB: Young or Florida's Chris Leek? Leek seems to have a pretty good arm but lacks a little bit in the mobility aspect of the position. I know the Gators haven't really done all that well this season but it makes me wonder if they couldn't have modified Urban Meyer's playbook a little to take advantage of Leek's ability to chuck it down the field.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Cowher loves the versatile players .. Hines, El, Cedric.. so why not, if he's around, he's too good of an athlete to pass up. I wonder if he'd be willing to play a slash role for us.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote