Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

View Poll Results: NFL MVP through Week 7
Carson Palmer, Cincinnati Bengals 3 15.79%
LaDanian Tomlinson, San Diego 9 47.37%
Willie Parker, Pittsburgh Steelers 4 21.05%
Zach Thomas, Miami Dolphins 0 0%
Edgerrin James, Indianapolis Colts 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2005, 07:03 AM   #1
Iron City Hangover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 732
Default NFL MVP through Week 7

The award is really based on a 16 week schedule, based on performance so far, who do you think is the lead horse?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,365 Times in 4,303 Posts
Default Re: NFL MVP through Week 7

big ben. actually you can just about say l.t. before the season began. however e. james has yet to be shut down this season and is finally back to the focal point of winning games. s. alexander is a td machine. jerome, heath, hines are probably as equal mvps as willie. if carson went down there probably wouldnt bae a significant drop off with kitna. (id rather have him than maddox). if you ask ray lewis he'd say he is. i voted the edge.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I have voted for LT - he is the most valuable player in the NFL - so it makes sense to me that he is the best option.

Every week LT faces defenses lined up with the sole intention of stopping him - this is what gives Brees the opportunity to make his throws to Gates et al.....

I would have liked to see Tom Brady as at least an option - when a game has been there for the winning this year he has got it done - the games he has lost have generally been down to teams blowing the weakened Pats D out of the water.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I voted for LT.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:33 PM   #5
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I have voted for LT - he is the most valuable player in the NFL - so it makes sense to me that he is the best option.

Every week LT faces defenses lined up with the sole intention of stopping him - this is what gives Brees the opportunity to make his throws to Gates et al.....

I would have liked to see Tom Brady as at least an option - when a game has been there for the winning this year he has got it done - the games he has lost have generally been down to teams blowing the weakened Pats D out of the water.

NM

Well if you put it that way about Tom then you can not put the MVP status on LT in my opinion. Records show why SD is 3-4 IND is 7-0. I know a lot is due to the team that is all around him is good but SD's offense isnt to far behind. I awarded Edge the MVP award at this point.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #6
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679

I voted for Edgerrin James hes haven a good year so far with the only undefeated team and hes the reason they are the only one left.
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #7
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I'm gonna go with LT.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #8
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

it's l.t. hands down, ain't no one playing like him, he's the only reason they still have shoot at the playoffs. he may have got shut down sunday but i seriously doubt that will happen again this year that just pissed him off even more. james is not the only reason the colts are undefeated, it's the teams they've played and the defense that is playing pretty good and james is doing good cause defenses have to play honest cause manning will kill them. willie is inconsitent, carson plamer hasn't beat a good team
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:59 PM   #9
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
it's l.t. hands down, ain't no one playing like him, he's the only reason they still have shoot at the playoffs. he may have got shut down sunday but i seriously doubt that will happen again this year that just pissed him off even more. james is not the only reason the colts are undefeated, it's the teams they've played and the defense that is playing pretty good and james is doing good cause defenses have to play honest cause manning will kill them. willie is inconsitent, carson plamer hasn't beat a good team

Exactly without him i doubt they would be undefeated Manning has been playing sub par. This has been a damn good year for James. I think the same can be said about the Chargers you gotta play them honest too with Brees, Gates and Mcardell (However its spelled) coming on. They shoulda won the last game with L.T. not even a factor. Then against the Cowboys when he was shut down as well this is the second time this year. James has everything Speed, Vision and the power. Take James outta the Equation and you have a team that wouldnt be undefeated plain and simple.

Tomlinson only has 659 rushing yards on 150 attempts with with 10 touchdowns. Now James with his 801 rushing yards on 163 attempts and 7 touchdowns. Almost 5 yards per carry this year hes the reason theyre winning last year it was Manning.

If this was about who was the MVP of their own team then i would have to agree with you L.T. hands down.

(not tryin to start an argument just didnt put this on my first post and no one would see it if i edited it now)
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 735

LT or Edge, that's close.