Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default 2008 NFL Draft Inside Linebacker Rankings

2008 NFL Draft Inside Linebacker Rankings
Rivals.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POSITION GRADE C
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an average class at the top - at a position that usually does not produce many high draft selections.
This year there are a few high-quality performers who should earn high grades this spring.

Senior Dan Connor could be listed inside or outside, but fits best inside where he is the top prospect. Junior Jerod Mayo is a productive defender who performed well in the SEC. That should earn him a top-100 selection.

Inside Linebackers Rankings

1. Dan Connor, 6-2, 235, Penn St
Connor is a rugged prospect who has the versatility, physical talent, intangibles and production to become a fine NFL starter at either the inside or outside positions.

2. Philip Wheeler, 6-2, 245, Georgia Tech
Wheeler has good mobility. He displayed the versatility and ability to both blitz and cover, in addition to going sideline to sideline.

3. Jerod Mayo, 6-2, 230, Tennessee
This fast underclassman declared after an outstanding 2007 season. He has shown sideline-to-sideline speed and the instincts to finish plays.

4. Jonathan Goff, 6-3, 235, Vanderbilt
Goff is an athletic prosecpt who has been highly productive in the SEC. He has displayed the talent to be an every-down defender.

5. Vince Hall, 5-11, 240, Virginia Tech
Hall was part of an outstanding unit at Virginia Tech. He can run, is a sure tackler and can also drop in coverage.

6. Tavares Gooden, 6-1, 235, Miami
Gooden has a burst to the ball that has drawn the attention of scouts. Gooden could possibly be the next NFL starting linebacker from Miami.

7. Ben Moffitt, 6-1, 230, South Florida
Moffitt has been very productive in the Big East, and helped key USF's early season surge. He has shown the ability to be an every-down defender the past few seasons.

8. Josh Johnson, 6-2, 250, Marshall
Johnson is a big and mobile junior. He is a first-team all-conference performer in the MAC, and he is quickly moving up draft boards.

9. J Leman, 6-2, 235, Illinois
This veteran is a savvy player who was highly productive over his Big Ten career. However, the knock on him is that he must overcome only adequate speed.

10. Jo-Lonn Dunbar, 6-1, 225, Boston College
Dunbar has good instincts and moves well. He has the versatility to play any linebacker position in the 4-3 pro set.

11. Thomas Williams, 6-2, 240, Southern Cal
This athletic senior saw only spot starting duty because he was playing behind the nation's best unit - a group thta includes three potential first-round picks.

12. Rodrick Johnson, 6-2, 250, Oklahoma St
Johnson came on strong late in his career. He is a player to watch throughout the postseason.

13. Steve Allen, 6-1, 230, West Texas A&M
14. Danny Lansanah, 6-1, 246, UConn
15. Mike Klinkenborg, 6-1, 240, Iowa
16. Spencer Larsen, 6-0, 240, Arizona
17. Corey McKeon, 6-0, 225, Nebraska
18. Robert Killebrew, 6-1, 230, Texas
19. Ahijah Lane, 6-1, 235, Fresno St
20. Kaleb Thornhill, 6-1, 240, Michigan St
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: 2008 NFL Draft Inside Linebacker Rankings

i know some people don't like him but at the practices the were saying Moffitt hits like a truck and is always looking to hit pople. Steeler type people!!!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

If the Steelers are planning on moving Timmons inside then there is no need for this position early on on draft day. If the Steelers are planning on Timmons replacing Haggans then they need to draft for this ILB position. Jeremy Lehman from Illinois is the man that I hope that we take a shot at in the early part of this draft.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
If the Steelers are planning on moving Timmons inside then there is no need for this position early on on draft day. If the Steelers are planning on Timmons replacing Haggans then they need to draft for this ILB position. Jeremy Lehman from Illinois is the man that I hope that we take a shot at in the early part of this draft.
Elvis..I think we were seperated at birth,,,We both appreciate the same players....unlike Langford though,..Lehman is dropping...so I hope we grab an overlooked talent!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,064 Posts

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story;jse...o&confirm=true

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- A number of things caught my eye Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine. Here are some quick thoughts on several key topics unfolding here, starting with two prominent prospects.

Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

The leader of the Nittany Lions defense is a legitimate top-10 pick. He can interview well, knows football and has a great work-ethic.

I expect him to impress scouts with his grasp of the game and physical ability and to rise up draft boards.

His willingness to participate in all the drills can only help him, and I think his stock will rise to top-10 level.

So much money is put into top picks these days that general managers want a pro-ready player with minimal question marks. Connor fits the bill.

His college game is close enough to that of the NFL that he won't struggle to pick up defenses like some prospects. He comes from a football family and showed an intense passion for the game when I spoke with him.

"My dad was a football coach, and I've always been a student of the game," Connor said. "I have arguments with my dad (a former coach) and brother (former Delaware QB) about how to defend schemes."

By the end of the combine, he will have convinced every general manager he is a top-flight prospect.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,873 Times in 936 Posts

basically need one of these guys to backup inside and play special teams now that Kreidwalt is gone. Also, I guess to provide insurance in case Timmons isnt effective inside. Any idea who in this group is a good special teamer?
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

any good tackler is a good st player.. and they have to have some kind of speed.. lol.. i could see a lb in the near future for inside and outside since harrison is alrdy 29

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:37 AM   #8
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
any good tackler is a good st player.. and they have to have some kind of speed.. lol.. i could see a lb in the near future for inside and outside since harrison is alrdy 29
amen to that!!!