Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #11
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,515 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Bens ProBowl Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
Anyone who says they would accept Douchyermomma and Ochoidioto onto the Steelers should just turn in their Terrible Towels now and leave Steelers Nation.

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

No F'ing way I'd have either of those jagoffs on the Steelers.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Anyone who says they would accept Douchyermomma and Ochoidioto onto the Steelers should just turn in their Terrible Towels now and leave Steelers Nation.

I have always believed IBoinkedMyMama to be a much better all around WR than Toofy. Though I consider him a douchebag for disrespecting our TT in 2005, he is one of the few Bungles who doesn't own an orange prison jumpsuit and he is a team player, unlike Toofy. I can't in good conscience say that his behavior in 2005 would cause me to not want to improve our WR corps should the Steelers ever have an opportunity to sign him. I don't like the guy, but I do respect his athleticism, skill and as I said above - his team 'tude.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

You can keep those 2 punks...I'd rather have a Ward/Harrison/Fitzgerald type any day.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I am very proud of the way Ben represented the Steelers as usual. The guy is just a class act no matter where he is. I love the guy and I hope that he spends the next 10 or so years here in Pittsburgh as a Steeler!!
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #15
Hapa
Banned

Member Number: 8230

I wish he could have played more, but it definetely nice to see him play well but it was reallll weird seeing him throwing to housh and chad only.
A little bit disgusting D:
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #16
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:

You can't deny that Housh is a heck of a receiver who upgrades our unit in a big way. He gives it everything he has every game...and that is what Steeler fans want in their players.

I don't care what any of you say now, if Housh became a Steeler, all of you would be kissing his ass. I'd take him in a minute...and so would a lot of other good Steeler fans.

I saw the reaction on many boards when Quincy Morgan...an ex enemy... became a Steeler and it was instant excitement for an average receiver. Housh is an All Pro receiver. The Steeler Nation would be on fire if he ever signed with us.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,598 Times in 3,994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
You can't deny that Housh is a heck of a receiver who upgrades our unit in a big way. He gives it everything he has every game...and that is what Steeler fans want in their players.

I don't care what any of you say now, if Housh became a Steeler, all of you would be kissing his ass. I'd take him in a minute...and so would a lot of other good Steeler fans.

I saw the reaction on many boards when Quincy Morgan...an ex enemy... became a Steeler and it was instant excitement for an average receiver. Housh is an All Pro receiver. The Steeler Nation would be on fire if he ever signed with us.
only 1 problem here....

steelers already offered housh a nice deal that he rejected for less $$$ to remain a bengal.

the steelers "settled" for c. wilson, who now has a ring.

his severe lack of judgement makes me think we are better off w/o him.

anyways, ben in the pro bowl is excellent for the ratings. highest in 8 years.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #18
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
I'd take Housh in a minute on the Steelers. He's a heck of a receiver and would be a great fit for us....and yes...I would forgive him for what he did with the Terrible Towell....but he must be a Steeler for that to happen.
I would NEVER EVER FORGIVE him 4 what he did 2 our towel. Even if he played 4 us he's not gonna get any love from us. IF he plays 4 us & sucks he'll get booed & if he scores any TD, he won't get any cheering.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:18 AM   #19
NyGiantz
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8211

Ben looked great in the Pro Bowl as he did during the season too. This shows all those naysayers who thought Big Ben wouldn't come back from that motorcycle crash that he is indeed back and one of the elite quarterbacks in the league now.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:03 AM   #20
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
only 1 problem here....

steelers already offered housh a nice deal that he rejected for less $$$ to remain a bengal.

the steelers "settled" for c. wilson, who now has a ring.

his severe lack of judgement makes me think we are better off w/o him.

anyways, ben in the pro bowl is excellent for the ratings. highest in 8 years.
I know he was offered a contract, but that isn't what this is about. He did it out of loyalty to the Bengals organization. Jackie Robinson retired at the end of his career instead of accepting a trade to the NY Giants and that is because of his loyalty to the Dodgers....I don't think he lacked judgement for the same loyalty reasons.

If Housh ever changed his mind and signed with us when he was available, I would welcome him with open arms. I'm not saying this about you Tony, but anyone who says differently is not being truthful.

Case in point, a player barely hits the waiver wire before nearly all of the Steeler Nation wonders how "he would look in the Black N Gold"....because "He was misused where he was playing before". If T.J. were released, many who claim they wouldn't want him would probably start a 50 page Thread on this Message Board about picking him up.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote