Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Romney ahead in FL

In the Rasmussen poll and another poll, Romney is ahead of McCain by 4 points in Fl. Although Romneys resume is the best overall imo, I think McCain, being more liberal, may have a better shot of beating the democratic candidate....
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

I'm not much for believing in polls, Tom, as a lot of the time, they're wrong. I worked for the woman who is now our Lt. Governor in PA and when she was running for State Treasurer in the late 80's and on the eve before election day, she was behind in most polls anywhere from 20-30 points and ended up obliterating her opponent (G. Davis Greene, who was former Governor Casey's hand-picked choice) and was elected as our State Treasurer for two successive terms. Remember the straw polls in the 2004 Presidential election? They were as wrong as wrong could be.

If Rudy doesn't make it, I am going to support Romney as I do not trust McCain at all after his fence-riding between W and Kerry during their 2004 campaigns which totally turned me off. However - if Bitchary wins the Demo nomination, I will support whoever wins the GOP nomination.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I'm not much for believing in polls, Tom, as a lot of the time, they're wrong. I worked for the woman who is now our Lt. Governor in PA and when she was running for State Treasurer in the late 80's and on the eve before election day, she was behind in most polls anywhere from 20-30 points and ended up obliterating her opponent (G. Davis Greene, who was former Governor Casey's hand-picked choice) and was elected as our State Treasurer for two successive terms. Remember the straw polls in the 2004 Presidential election? They were as wrong as wrong could be.

If Rudy doesn't make it, I am going to support Romney as I do not trust McCain at all after his fence-riding between W and Kerry during their 2004 campaigns which totally turned me off. However - if Bitchary wins the Demo nomination, I will support whoever wins the GOP nomination.
At this rate, Billary will end up there. I hope brack gets the Demys. John or Rudy(in a comeback fashion) win the GOP.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Borski's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Steelers Country, FL
Posts: 1,947
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

I don't trust polls, but Romney gets my vote. Although, (imo) I don't think either Rudy or McCain would make a good president, I do hope one of them would be willing to settle for VP, I think the best ticket against the Democrats would be either Romney/Guliani or Romney/McCain.

Although if I had to chose a democrat to be president it would be Barack, I actually think he would be harder to beat then Clinton...
__________________
Free Rice - Have fun and help out.
Borski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
At this rate, Billary will end up there. I hope brack gets the Demys.
I completely agree, No matter what though, I will never count Hillary out until the house falls on her and her socks roll up.
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

See my signature to see why I won't vote for Mitt Romney.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
See my signature to see why I won't vote for Mitt Romney.
There are alot of "smart" direlects out there. Romney has results. Romney graduated from both Harvard law school AND Harvard business school plus has a good track record in both the public AND private sector. Perhaps you are smarter than Romney though I highly doubt it, but I highly doubt your resume of achievements will compare it to MItt's.

Also, you may want to correct your signature, it is grammatically incorrect.

Finally, as always, thank you for your service!
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
There are alot of "smart" direlects out there. Romney has results. Romney graduated from both Harvard law school AND Harvard business school plus has a good track record in both the public AND private sector. Perhaps you are smarter than Romney though I highly doubt it, but I highly doubt your resume of achievements will compare it to MItt's.

Also, you may want to correct your signature, it is grammatically incorrect.

Finally, as always, thank you for your service!
Well then you got the joke.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach
 
TroysBadDawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 3rd rock from the sun and lost
Posts: 1,161
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6617
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I completely agree, No matter what though, I will never count Hillary out until the house falls on her and her socks roll up.
Awww we should just throw a bucket of water on her and watch her fizzle away, hopefully.

Then we can sing:

Ding dong, the bitch been bed, the wicked bitch. What?.... it is supposed to be witch? Ooops sorry.
__________________

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?

Last edited by TroysBadDawg; 01-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Romney ahead in FL

Old Hill knows how to win now: Just whip up a few croc tears and the voters will turn out in droves.

I still have McCain. Yeah, yeah, he's had some strange bedfellows, but I want a guy who can reach across the aisle to get things done. He is also kicking ass in the mid-moderate to moderate conservative demo. SC is about as conservative as it gets, and he polled well across all the demo's except the extreme right ditto-head vote.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts