Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
RJC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6896
Default Ty Law Anyone?

Rumors circulating that Ty Law will be released by the Chiefs. This blurb was posted over at ProFootballTalk.Com, "CHIEFS TO CUT LAW. A league source tells us that the Kansas City Chiefs soon will be releasing veteran cornerback Ty Law. Law, 33, was cut by the Patriots in February 2005. He played for the Jets that year, and then signed with the Chiefs in 2006. Signed through 2010, Law is due to earn a base salary of $6.5 million in the coming season." Now, seeing as though Anthony Smith sucks so far in coverage, and Ryan Clark is still recovering from a serious health issue, it's my opinion that we take the Aliquippa boy home to the 'Burgh and have play a little FS ala Rod Woodson. Everyone has seen it done. Whether it was Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson, Jason Sehorn, or Aneas Williams they were all CBs that made the move to FS/SS in an effort to extend their careers. Ty Law should be ready to make that move. He's a heady vet that knows how the exact way secondary play should be done. I say bring him in a 3-4 year deal as the starting FS and help solidify that defensive backfield.....
RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Ty Law Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Rumors circulating that Ty Law will be released by the Chiefs. This blurb was posted over at ProFootballTalk.Com, "CHIEFS TO CUT LAW. A league source tells us that the Kansas City Chiefs soon will be releasing veteran cornerback Ty Law. Law, 33, was cut by the Patriots in February 2005. He played for the Jets that year, and then signed with the Chiefs in 2006. Signed through 2010, Law is due to earn a base salary of $6.5 million in the coming season." Now, seeing as though Anthony Smith sucks so far in coverage, and Ryan Clark is still recovering from a serious health issue, it's my opinion that we take the Aliquippa boy home to the 'Burgh and have play a little FS ala Rod Woodson. Everyone has seen it done. Whether it was Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson, Jason Sehorn, or Aneas Williams they were all CBs that made the move to FS/SS in an effort to extend their careers. Ty Law should be ready to make that move. He's a heady vet that knows how the exact way secondary play should be done. I say bring him in a 3-4 year deal as the starting FS and help solidify that defensive backfield.....
Smith isnt the fastest safety ...but can outrun Law backwards. Law was great...lets let him go quietly into the night....preferably in someone elses colors.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

what the heck.. has everyone lost there mind by post this player and that player and then to post a old goat like law.. I know we go in depression stage during FA but dang. Lets create 10 thousands post on players we do not need are who are over the hill are who do not even fit to are system. Thank God the coach knows we need to get younger and not bring in relics.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
RJC
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
what the heck.. has everyone lost there mind by post this player and that player and then to post a old goat like law.. I know we go in depression stage during FA but dang. Lets create 10 thousands post on players we do not need are who are over the hill are who do not even fit to are system. Thank God the coach knows we need to get younger and not bring in relics.
Tom Donahoe? Is that you? It has to be, after all that's the exact same thing he said when he allowed Rod Woodson to go, only to watch him switch positions and go to another 3 or 4 more Pro Bowls. All we need now is to have some suggest we bring a former player back like Randle El and then you can say "We are not the Salvation Army" and I'll be positive you're Tom Donahoe.....
Old 02-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
Wonder what Merle Olson is doing?
Old 02-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

good idea by switching him to FS but i'd rather have him as a nickel CB... i trust ryan clark to get the job done and to come back healthy... it's our 3rd CB after deshea and ike that i'm questioning... no diss to mcfadden but other than that INT return for a TD this season i rarely saw him...
Old 02-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

chad scott was my favorite defensive back when he played for the steelers, he was basically released because they didnt think he could play anymore, he was around 30 at the time, ty law is what 33, 34...there is no way in hell he will be signed.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #8
RJC
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Wonder what Merle Olson is doing?

Merle? You probably meant Merlin Olson right?
Old 02-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Merle? You probably meant Merlin Olson right?
Gawd...thanks....I am on 14 1/2 hours of a 16 hour shift.....been here since 3a.m.

I need a spotter.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Sure! Can we also hire Kim Jong-il as the Steelers ombudsman? Osama bin Laden can sing the National Anthem, and then we can have neo-Nazi skinheads come out and perform at halftime next year, too. The Steelers can also hire a Satanic Priest to say the prayer (to Satan, of course) before each game. I mean, if you're going to go for it, why not go for it all?