Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-01-2005, 05:27 PM   #11
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420
Default Re: Steel-x's HEATH MILLER Thread

I have to disagree with him as the unofficial rookie of the year.....He has had what 4 TD's in 7 games? not bad at all but how can you leave 2nd rounder Linebacker Odell Thurman out of the mix......Who has 4 interceptions and one TD.........35 tackels, 13 assists, 1 sack, and one fumble recovery 1 fumble recovery.

He should get rookie of the year if he keeps it up...............No I am not being a homer either, I said if he keeps it up, if not it should go to Caddy if he can get back on track after his injury, I am not trying to hate on Miller it is just TE's don't get the recognition they deserve. I am not saying he should get rookie of the year or be selected to the pro bowl, hell I am shocked Thurman was on the pro bowl ballot....But he is a good TE and will get his pro bowls no doubt about it.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,221 Times in 2,676 Posts

h. millers 6 tds> o. thurmans 1

enough said
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #13
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
h. millers 6 tds> o. thurmans 1

enough said
Thurman 4 INT's Miller none.
Offensive TD's are a lot easier to come by then Defensive TD's

nuff said
Old 11-01-2005, 05:58 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,221 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Thurman 4 INT's Miller none.
Offensive TD's are a lot easier to come by then Defensive TD's

nuff said
at a 6:1 ratio though? heath is on pace to tie or break the record for td's for a te. he has helped offset the loss of 2 o-lineman, and replaced p. burress, and j riemersma.

o thurman has 4 int? 15 came against 3 nfc north opponents so less than 1/3 of their int. total in just 3 games??? he is definitely valuable to the bengals. he has his work cut out for him against d. ware and castilla? in san diego.

although w. parker is not a rookie im more impressed with him than c. williams. he has a long way to go to catch up to heath in td total. gonzales, heap, and whitten, got a ways to go too, and gates is tied with heath for te td leader.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #15
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
at a 6:1 ratio though? heath is on pace to tie or break the record for td's for a te. he has helped offset the loss of 2 o-lineman, and replaced p. burress, and j riemersma.

o thurman has 4 int? 15 came against 3 nfc north opponents so less than 1/3 of their int. total in just 3 games??? he is definitely valuable to the bengals. he has his work cut out for him against d. ware and castilla? in san diego.

although w. parker is not a rookie im more impressed with him than c. williams. he has a long way to go to catch up to heath in td total. gonzales, heap, and whitten, got a ways to go too, and gates is tied with heath for te td leader.
I agree but like I said TE's don't get the recognition they deserve, if Miller ties or breaks a record his rookie season he deserves an award but Caddy was on pace to break records before his injury so you can't discredit him for what he has done............Thurman is showing a lot for being picked in the 2nd round, granted the better defensive players come in the second or later rounds.
I just think it will be hard to determine who gets the rookie of the year right now and when the time comes.
I also am impressed with Parker nobody new him last season and now he is a house hold name and a fantasy steal.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #16
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i don't matter they don't have one rookie of the year they split that up so both could actually win rookie of the year, but i seriously doubt that heath will win rookie of the year i think it'll go to ronnie brown or carnell williams
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #17
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

Maybe since I didnt update the Sig last week Heath didnt have one of those games again. Come on we need this threat he wasnt well covered in the clowns game and we didnt hit him once.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #18
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Post Game Press Conference:

Q: Can you talk about Heath Miller?s season?

A: He?s been a very productive and consistent player. He?s been a guy that, week in and week out, shows up. He played very solid tonight. If you get the ball anywhere near him, he?ll catch it. He?s a big part of our offense, it just didn?t materialize tonight. The receivers caught some passes. Sometimes people ask why we didn?t throw it to the receivers; if we throw it to the receivers, people ask why we didn?t throw it to Heath. If we throw it to both, people will ask why we didn?t run the ball more. That?s the way it materialized tonight.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #19
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel - X
Maybe since I didnt update the Sig last week Heath didnt have one of those games again. Come on we need this threat he wasnt well covered in the clowns game and we didnt hit him once.

The Steelers have been getting Heath involved in a big way all year so far, but yesterday it was a chance to see what other Go to players can do. We need to have as many as possible for each week so yesterday the go to guy was Hines. Next week it could be El, maybe heath again, maybe its willy out in the flat, maybe it'll be cedric. Its just a way for the Steelers to get everyone involved.

Heath is a huge part of our offense and will continue to be
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:34 PM   #20
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

I am surprised that heath didn't get much last night. I thought he'd get a lot more catches than that.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote