Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Mike Martz wants the truth.

Quote:
I think a good number of football fans want to see Belicheat and that organization held accountable.
they were held accountable..just ask goddell???lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82 View Post
Exactly! If your considered to be a "coaching genius" then you shouldn't be taping teams and expecting them to forget about it. Sour grapes is the Patriots* team.
IMO, much like with the owners (Rooney being one of them), it has less to do with sour grapes and more to do with pulling the company line. It's no different with a good number of coaches and players in my mind.

Btw, I love your signature.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #13
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
What I found odd was Bill Cowher's comments. He stated "Is it an advantage to steal signals? Yes. Did it determine the outcome of the game? No.''

Maybe I'm the only one, but that makes absolutely zero sense to me.

This is also the same guy who preached time and time again that "there is a fine line between winning and losing.".

So which is it Bill?

At least Martz wants to find out what in the hell went on and more power to him.
I thought the same thing when I read Cowher's comments. You know that he has got to be P.O'd that a team potentially cheated a 15-1 Steelers team out of the chance to win the SB. That 2004-5 team doesn't get mentioned much as one of the best Steeler teams ever, but had that record occurred between 1992-1997, it would be talked about like the 1994 Team does today and that team wasn't as good in the W/L column.

Personally, if cheating took place during that 2004-5 CC game, it really angers me because that was a Steelers team that was special. I think that Steelers team would have destroyed the Eagles in the Super Bowl.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #14
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I fail to see how wanting to know the truth is considered sour grapes.

IMO, losing a game and blaming it on the refs is sour grapes. Losing a game and using injuries as an excuse is sour grapes. Losing a game because the opposition's HC is a cheating sack of shit in more ways than one is a legitimate beef in my book...lol.
i think peoples' tones will change if they ever are caught cheating against in the super bowls and the games vs us. nobody wants to say anything now that can make them look like an idiot later on if the pats are cleared. coaches might not say much, but players will pipe up.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
nobody wants to say anything now that can make them look like an idiot later on if the pats are cleared.
I totally understand that point, but completely passing it off as no big deal and that even if it is proven that they cheated it still did not change the outcome of the game(s) is crazy in my opinion.

Pulling that company line.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #16
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i want to know how knowing the signals of the def doesn't change the outcome cowher... they could study the signals and when they see it on the field when they are "looking around at the field" and then audible to a play that will demolish the play

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,410 Times in 511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
I thought the same thing when I read Cowher's comments. You know that he has got to be P.O'd that a team potentially cheated a 15-1 Steelers team out of the chance to win the SB. That 2004-5 team doesn't get mentioned much as one of the best Steeler teams ever, but had that record occurred between 1992-1997, it would be talked about like the 1994 Team does today and that team wasn't as good in the W/L column.

Personally, if cheating took place during that 2004-5 CC game, it really angers me because that was a Steelers team that was special. I think that Steelers team would have destroyed the Eagles in the Super Bowl.
Despite the utter contempt I have for that franchise, I really do believe we lost the '04 AFCCG to a team who at the time was playing better than we were. The only reason we survived the divisional game against the Jets the week before is because their PK shanked not one, but TWO chip-shot FGs that would have won them the game. The 2004 team peaked in late October/early November and the team's overall quality of play tapered off big time after clobbering the Pats* and Eagles in successive weeks.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #18
polamalu82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8234

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Despite the utter contempt I have for that franchise, I really do believe we lost the '04 AFCCG to a team who at the time was playing better than we were. The only reason we survived the divisional game against the Jets the week before is because their PK shanked not one, but TWO chip-shot FGs that would have won them the game. The 2004 team peaked in late October/early November and the team's overall quality of play tapered off big time after clobbering the Pats* and Eagles in successive weeks.
While I agree the Steelers did tucker out at the end of that season, I have to say what this is all about is the "could've, would've, should've." It makes you think.

Last edited by fansince'76; 02-21-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post to reflect changes made to original post.
polamalu82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Mike Martz wants the truth? "He can't handle the truth!"

Normally, that would be a joke, but I'm serious this time. Nobody seems willing to handle or actually accept the truth. It's potentially too damaging to a huge multi-billion dollar industry. Can it really be that an otherwise failure of a coach, a guy who ran the Browns into the ground and really only just knows a little about being a defensive coordinator could have made ALL of us look like fools simply by cheating? Year after year? Taken this sacred game we all love and shit on it so badly that it's possibly tarnished forever? Then callously and arrogantly parade his disdain for class and fair-play in front of us all only see his actions swept under the rug?

Hell, I'm not even sure I want to know the truth now.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #20
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82 View Post
While I agree the Steelers did tucker out at the end of that season, I have to say what this is all about is the "could've, would've, should've." It makes you think.
to be honest, it was mostly ben who fell off at the end of the year.. being that it was his rookie year, it was understandable. but i remember the defense played well throughout the entire season, up until the pats afccg of course. and bus was rolling on like never before. its a shame, because i think we would have spanked the iggles in the super bowl.. but chances are 2005 would have ended up like 2006.. a down year.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote