Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617
Default Senator Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.

I just received this and thought I would share it. If you don't like it don't read it.

Quote:
REVEILLE! And The Truth Is Not In Him.....

Say What, Barrack?

By Paul R. Hollrah

Quote:
Tuning in to C-Span recently, I found myself listening to a speech by Senator Barrack Hussein Obama, Jr. He was standing in the pulpit of a black church in Selma, Alabama, and as I studied the body language of the dozen or so black ministers standing behind the senator, I couldn't help but be reminded of the little head-bobbing dolls that people used to place in the rear windows of their 1957 Chevrolets. If their reactions are any indication, the new "Schlickmeister" of the Democrat Party is actually a pretty accomplished public speaker.

However, as he spoke, I found my bullcrap alarm going off, repeatedly. But I couldn't quite figure out why until I actually read excerpts of his speech several days later. Here's part of what he said:

"...something happened back here in Selma, Alabama. Something happened in Birmingham that sent out what Bobby Kennedy called, "ripples of hope all around the world." Something happened when a bunch of women decided they were going to walk instead of ride the bus after a long day of doing somebody else's laundry, looking after somebody else's children.

"When (black) men who had PhD's decided 'that's enough' and 'we're going to stand up for our dignity,' that sent a shout across oceans so that my grandfather began to imagine something different for his son. His son, who grew up herding goats in a small village in Africa could suddenly set his sights a little higher and believe that maybe a black man in this world had a chance.

"So the Kennedy's decided we're going to do an airlift. We're going to go to Africa and start bringing young Africans over to this country and give them scholarships to study so they can learn what a wonderful country America is.

"This young man named Barack Obama got one of those tickets and came over to this country. He met this woman whose great great-great-great- grandfather had owned slaves; but she had a good idea there was some craziness going on because they looked at each other and they decided that we know that, (in) the world as it has been, it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child. There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. Was born. So don't tell me I don't have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don't tell me I'm not coming home to Selma, Alabama."

Okay, so what's wrong with that? It all sounds good. But is it?

Obama told his audience that, because some folks had the courage to "march across a bridge" in Selma, Alabama, his mother, a white woman from Kansas, and his father, a black Muslim from Africa, took heart. It gave them the courage to get married and have a child. The problem with that characterization is that Barrack Obama, Jr., was born on August 4, 1961, while the first of three marches across that bridge in Selma didn't occur until March 7, 1965, at least five years after Obama's parents met.

As noted, Obama went on to tell his audience that the Kennedys, Jack and Bobby, decided to do an airlift. They would bring some young Africans over so that they could be educated and learn all about America. His grandfather heard that call and sent his son, Barrack Obama, Sr., to America.

The problem with that scenario is that, having been born in August 1961, the future senator was not conceived until sometime in November 1960. So if this African grandfather heard words that ''sent a shout across oceans,'' inspiring him to send his goat-herder son to America, it was not a Democrat Jack Kennedy he heard, nor his brother Bobby, it was a Republican President, Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Obama's speech is reminiscent of Al Gore's claim of having invented the Internet, Hillary Clinton's claim of having been named after the first man to climb Mt. Everest, even though she was born five years and seven months before Sir Edmund climbed the mountain, and John Kerry's imaginary trip to Cambodia.

As one of my black friends, Eddie Huff, has said, "We need to ask some very serious questions of the senator from Illinois. It's not enough to be black, it's not enough to be articulate, and it's not enough to be eloquent and a media darling. The only question will be how deaf an ear, or how blind an eye, will people turn in order to turn a frog into a prince."

We can only hope that there are enough smart, thinking, perceptive voters who will speak up and ask critical questions about this guy's VERY SLICK, intricately woven tapestry of lies.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: Senator Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.

Shrug. He's a politician. If he wasn't a liar, he'd be doing something else. That's hardly anything for Hollrah to be calling him out for.

Further inquiry brought me to this:

Quote:
Paul Hollrah is a fairly prolific writer of on-line political commetary with a seemingly extreme right-wing view. He apparently lives in Missouri and is listed as a former Presidential Elector from Kansas, for maybe two terms.

I exchanged some email with Paul to gently challenge the facts in his recent, "Say What, ... Barrack?" [sic] piece which appears in some Red-White-and Blue, neocon websites such as "The Conservative Voice" and the "Lincoln Heritage Institute," which don't provide any open forum mechanism for questioning their writer's facts or assertions and don't provide any means of permitting questions or presenting other views.

At first he provide me with a somewhat brief, but self-flattering, biography attributed to his unnamed "editor" which suggests he is elderly.

As our exchange continued, he grew increasingly hostile to my prodding him to research and recognize the false premise of his essay.

Finally, I asked if he would look at the information I would send him to correct the record, and he told me: "If I was wrong about that I'll readily admit to having made an error."

I then sent him the August 1960 TIME magazine article which destroyed his entirely fabricated article denigrating Barack Obama's claimed heritage.

His retort to my 4,000+ word email, was to correct my one minor spelling error and to tell me to: "Screw your apology!"

WOW! Presidential Elector ..two terms ..go figure ..

skipper10@comcast.net
Point being, it wouldn't take much research for someone to find FACTS that rebut Hollrah's allegations.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Here is from another source, in which someone who is also NOT a fan of Obama's takes on Hollrah nevertheless:

Quote:
This is pretty interesting. I read the unedited text from Obama’s speech above and also read a critique by Mr. Paul R. Hollrah.

Mr. Hollrah’s slightly edited version left out some of the text that spoke to the Senator's intent, thus slightly slanting or "spinning" the message. As Mr. Hollrah points out, the Senator’s timeline is off by several years. However, that’s not my greatest concern. The references to Moses and Joshua bother me the most.

Its rather interesting that Senator Obama likens himself to Joshua. Joshua led the Israelites against Canaan in one of the greatest conflicts in the old testament.

So this raises the question, does the Senator see himself as a great general about to lead the American people, or just the black American people, into conflict? And if he does, who is he leading them against? Sounds like another potential for race division if you ask me rather than the “unity” he spouted at the Unity breakfast.

If the Senator's intent is to unify the races in the US, he needs to stay on message regardless of the venue. Somebody needs to slap his speech writers.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post
I just received this and thought I would share it. If you don't like it don't read it.

And TBD, you know I think the world of you; you're a good guy. But you can't use this open forum to pontificate and request to not be challenged. First, how would anyone know if they liked it or not without reading it? And second, why should we accept it as true without challenging it? I think it would be pretty easily verified or discredited... and it appears that was very quickly done. The speech was almost a year ago. It seems Mr Hollrah's article is having a nice time going unchallenged by those who want to accept it, and it has been disregarded by those who prefer to make their decisions about the candidates by themselves and based on their own perceptions rather than have someone alter the words and then spin the results.

I have no love for Obama myself; I'm very wary of him. But I can find reasons enough without someone twisting his words back at me.

This election cycle is absolutely unprecedented in that there is more access to the candidates themselves, and to their words and to the debates, than there has ever been in our history. I don't need any second hand spin; the text of the speech is available on the internet, and it is easy to see where Hollrah edited it. And I didn't look, but I'd bet that I could find the damn thing on Youtube if I tried.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Again...as a resident of Illinois...I can tell you that the buzz here is that everyone is asking "Who is this guy...out of nowhere he runs for senate and everyone loves him...Then out of nowhere he runs for President and again...everyone loves him."

If people in his home state are questioning his credentials...you can bet that it will pop up when he wins the Democratic nomination.

Lack of any discernable record...and questions regarding his patriotism will be the two points that may dull the Hollywood image that his campaign directors have admirably painted.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

My biggest concern, llt. Right now, all he is to me is a great speechmaker. But like I said, there are enough facts out there to sort through; there is no need for anyone to twist it. Things stand for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Again...as a resident of Illinois...I can tell you that the buzz here is that everyone is asking "Who is this guy...out of nowhere he runs for senate and everyone loves him...Then out of nowhere he runs for President and again...everyone loves him."

If people in his home state are questioning his credentials...you can bet that it will pop up when he wins the Democratic nomination.

Lack of any discernable record...and questions regarding his patriotism will be the two points that may dull the Hollywood image that his campaign directors have admirably painted.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
My biggest concern, llt. Right now, all he is to me is a great speechmaker. But like I said, there are enough facts out there to sort through; there is no need for anyone to twist it. Things stand for themselves.
That's the problem. Barack is like an excellent draft prospect with a ton of upside but questionable past. No one knows enough about him, almost like a combine wonder.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Republicans gotta be licking thier chops right now. Who in thier right mind figured this country would vote anything but a Democrat into office this time around with the way Bush has screwed things up.

So my two choices are Hillary and some guy whose name sounds like he's a terrorist??

What do you expect from a party that picked John Kerry the last go around.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

When it comes time to decide, I will keep my own council. I very well may choose to vote for Obama, if he is the Democratic candidate; but again, I will do it based on what I myself see, not on what others tell me to see, or on what they interpret in what they see. Or, I may choose to vote for McCain; I'm not sure yet. Both have many good points, and many questionable points. It's tough.

I will say this; I am a businessman, and I thrived the most when a Democrat was president. I had the best years of my career when Bill Clinton was president. The Reagan and Bush years sucked by comparison. And the last 4 years have REALLY sucked.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
When it comes time to decide, I will keep my own council. I very well may choose to vote for Obama, if he is the Democratic candidate; but again, I will do it based on what I myself see, not on what others tell me to see, or on what they interpret in what they see. Or, I may choose to vote for McCain; I'm not sure yet. Both have many good points, and many questionable points. It's tough.

I will say this; I am a businessman, and I thrived the most when a Democrat was president. I had the best years of my career when Bill Clinton was president. The Reagan and Bush years sucked by comparison. And the last 4 years have REALLY sucked.
While that may be true.. you know very well that presidents and economics are actually about an arms length or two apart... and take a number of years for thier policies to affect the economy.

As much as we like to argue it, there are very few things that either party can really point at and say... That was becajse of what WE did.

I will can only think of two. The New Deal provided the hope that carried us into a stable economy (helped by the prep for WWII), and Reagans work after the 70's economic fiasco (which should be blamed BOTH on Nixon AND Carter), again helped by the military build up.

Outside of that, we are guessing when it comes to direct long term affects on economy.
Closed Thread