Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Lukin83
Water Boy

Member Number: 2692
Default Lukin's 2008 Steelers Mock

1. Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

Balmer has experience as a 3-4 end and will fill that role for the Steelers. He will compete with Keisel for playing time and, at least, come off the bench to spell Smith and Keisel.

2. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

If he falls this far, he is a no-brainer. He would step in at RT and allow Colon to move inside to C.

3. Chilo Rachal, OG, Southern Cal

By many accounts, the Steelers are in love with this guy and he should be able to compete with Kemoeatu for the LG spot left vacant by Faneca's departure.

4. Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee

Hefney can play FS, CB, and return kicks. He will fill an immediate need on special teams and could develop into a starting FS.

5. Thomas Brown, RB, Georgia

Brown reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew. He is a short, stocky back with solid return skills. Along with Hefney, he can compete for return duties with Reid.

6. Curtis Johnson, OLB, Clark Atlanta

I love this guy. He will be converting from 4-3 DE. Right now he is a great pass rusher and has the athletic ability to drop into coverage. He has also been worked out inside and could provide the same versatility the Steelers got in Timmons last season. He is also a special teams demon and will find an immediate niche there.

Thoughts?
Old 03-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803
Default Re: Lukin's 2008 Steelers Mock

Rachal and Cherilus are both projected in the first round by many experts. No way they last until our picks in rounds 2 and 3.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Isn't Willie Parker enough Tar Hell for this team? LOL
I really don't like Balmer anyhow. Besides, I agree with TSK.
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin83 View Post
1. Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

Balmer has experience as a 3-4 end and will fill that role for the Steelers. He will compete with Keisel for playing time and, at least, come off the bench to spell Smith and Keisel.

2. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

If he falls this far, he is a no-brainer. He would step in at RT and allow Colon to move inside to C.

3. Chilo Rachal, OG, Southern Cal

By many accounts, the Steelers are in love with this guy and he should be able to compete with Kemoeatu for the LG spot left vacant by Faneca's departure.

4. Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee

Hefney can play FS, CB, and return kicks. He will fill an immediate need on special teams and could develop into a starting FS.

5. Thomas Brown, RB, Georgia

Brown reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew. He is a short, stocky back with solid return skills. Along with Hefney, he can compete for return duties with Reid.

6. Curtis Johnson, OLB, Clark Atlanta

I love this guy. He will be converting from 4-3 DE. Right now he is a great pass rusher and has the athletic ability to drop into coverage. He has also been worked out inside and could provide the same versatility the Steelers got in Timmons last season. He is also a special teams demon and will find an immediate niche there.

Thoughts?
i LOVE this draft... like love it...

only problem i dont see rachal being there in the third.. but other than that it looks very good...