Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-25-2005, 04:52 PM   #21
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Heisman Trophy

The numbers vice young put up are the worst I have seen him put up since the Ohio State game v.s. Texas

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 05:42 PM   #22
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i think vince should cheat like bush and do kick and punt returns and then if they are up by 60 in the fourth, he should stay in and then just pad his stats, but then again who cares about stats all that matters is the W. he had shitty stats against ohio but at least he came out with the victory
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 05:54 PM   #23
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

That's a poor argument...Reggie Bush would not be returning kicks and punts in most programs because being exposed out in space causes injuries, and no team wants to expose their best players to injury.

Also, when discussing stat padding, how much action has Matt Nordgren had this year?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #24
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
That's a poor argument...Reggie Bush would not be returning kicks and punts in most programs because being exposed out in space causes injuries, and no team wants to expose their best players to injury.

Also, when discussing stat padding, how much action has Matt Nordgren had this year?
we get it suit you hate vince.............and if you watch texas games you would know in every blow out matt has played in the fourth quarter
Old 11-25-2005, 06:28 PM   #25
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Vince certainly didnt help his cause today, but he seems like a team kinda guy as far as I can tell and the bigger picture is the rose bowl game.. so yeah, Bush may very well get it, but wouldnt a show down between texas and USC just be a beast game!!! ??
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #26
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

Well lets see the first game he played a whole quarter, Ohio State he didnt play any, Rice Missouri and Oklahoma I know he played probably three quarters if you combine all three games, Colorado, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State he mights played about two qurters worth if you combine them all, Baylor & Kansas State He played about three quarters if you combine them and he didnt play any against A&M.

So id say he played about nine Quarters the stats dont show for him though cause we dont allow him to throw when he comes in.

Now what about Bush and Leinart?????
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:04 PM   #27
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

I don't hate Vince Young...in fact, I think he may have a great NFL career ahead of him...just not at QB.

As far as Nordgren goes, the redshirt senior is 4-9 for 22 yards passing this year, and took a sack and had a pick in those 9 attempts. He also rushed 10 times for 29 yards and a TD...meaning he didn't play much, even in Texas blowouts.

The numbers tell the most important people (The Heisman commitee, not us) that Vince Young can play QB as good as anyone in college as long as he gets to run the ball a lot and doesn't have to play OSU every week.

He may well win the Heisman as a College QB...but Eric Crouch also won it as a College QB, and what's he doing now?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:13 PM   #28
Koopa
Living Legend

well it's very hard to have stats when you are handing off the ball to big ass melton in those blow outs. so no need to look at stats cause they won't tell you he's played much when in fact he has been out there in every blow out handing off
Old 11-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #29
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Stats are a big part of the Heisman, since there's no way any of the guys on the committee come anywhere near getting to see all the top contenders on a regular basis during the season.

We all know stats lie...
Old 11-25-2005, 08:28 PM   #30
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679

Yes but Vince Young has been resting in blowouts while Bush and Leinart are still in there when their winning by 30. Now I call that padding stats... Vince has missed out of two whole games if you count the quarters that we benched him in blowouts. If Nordgren doesnt throw or run then he doesnt get stats and when hes in we dont really allow him to throw so he will have no stats. I think if we left Young in for every game no matter the score he would be in the lead no matter what Bush did. We dont, we go for the bigger picture and try to keep our players healthy not win them awards. Which is a shame since Young is putting up better numbers then Leinart when he won the Heisman but like I said hell get in next year.
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote