Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Browns fans at FB practice...

My head coach, running backs coach, defensive backs coach, wide recievers coach, offensive linemans coach, and about 30% of my friends at football are all avad football fans, as well as browns fans. We had lifting today and i figured i would get an ear full of how awesome the browns are now and how they already bought their soup bowl tickets etc......

I was right, i found out today that donte stallworth is as good as randy moss even though he hasnt been in high demand since he left the saints. When i mentioned that i am a firm believer that Derrek Anderson can never be a top QB and that overthrowing a 6'4" reciever that runs a 4.4 is not what i call accuracy, i also said that Brady Quinn will win the starting job by the end of the year. First thing that came out of my wide recievers coachs mouth was "maybe he can go run himself into a windshield".....hitting below the belt is an illegal move my friend!

I know i sound profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery to some on this forum about the browns but i analyze teams and say what i see. I am more than happy to admit our O-line cant block, or that our secondarys weakness is the deep ball. Sorry if i sound profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery to some but im not doing it cause it is the browns, im doing it because they make moves that i would expect from an Arena Football League owner...Jon Bon Jovi, what kind of owner is that?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Browns fans at FB practice...

Profanity filter. What in the world???

Did you all know that jackass was in the bible?

Guess that isn't a profanity filter word~!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,047 Times in 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
i also said that Brady Quinn will win the starting job by the end of the year. First thing that came out of my wide recievers coachs mouth was "maybe he can go run himself into a windshield".....hitting below the belt is an illegal move my friend!
And how much playing time did KW2 miss after playing Evel Knievel in a parking lot? Seems to me a hell of a lot more than Ben did. People in glass houses.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:51 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
And how much playing time did KW2 miss after playing Evel Knievel in a parking lot? Seems to me a hell of a lot more time than Ben did. People in glass houses.
Amen brother!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
My head coach, running backs coach, defensive backs coach, wide recievers coach, offensive linemans coach, and about 30% of my friends at football are all avad football fans, as well as browns fans. We had lifting today and i figured i would get an ear full of how awesome the browns are now and how they already bought their soup bowl tickets etc......

I was right, i found out today that donte stallworth is as good as randy moss even though he hasnt been in high demand since he left the saints. When i mentioned that i am a firm believer that Derrek Anderson can never be a top QB and that overthrowing a 6'4" reciever that runs a 4.4 is not what i call accuracy, i also said that Brady Quinn will win the starting job by the end of the year. First thing that came out of my wide recievers coachs mouth was "maybe he can go run himself into a windshield".....hitting below the belt is an illegal move my friend!

I know i sound profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery to some on this forum about the browns but i analyze teams and say what i see. I am more than happy to admit our O-line cant block, or that our secondarys weakness is the deep ball. Sorry if i sound profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery to some but im not doing it cause it is the browns, im doing it because they make moves that i would expect from an Arena Football League owner...Jon Bon Jovi, what kind of owner is that?
well, i agree that D/A isn't the answer, but you have to remeber, they've witnessed some pretty horrible quarterback play while watching the browns... D/A certainly is an upgrade to Mark Rypien, Eric Zeier, Ty Detmer, Spergon Wynn, Doug Pederson, Luke McCown,Trent Dilfer, and Charlie Frye. but yeah you're right, last year he wasn't very accurate.... maybe he worked on that in the offseason, doubt he's made much improvement, but won't know until the season starts.

(Tim Couch, Jeff Garcia, and Kelly Holcomb were able to atleast score TD's)

as far as the knock on the browns front office moves i have to disagree, Phill Savage has made the right moves to put the Browns in contention, if you look at the team he was given when he came in, the amount of busted 1st round picks the Browns had before he arrived, i'm sorry dude, but your comparison to Phil Savage and Jon Bon Jovi is absolutly ridiculous. i'm not saying the teams going to dominate, they certainly didn't last year... but they'll be able to compete... and that has ALOT to do with the GMs moves.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Dude, stress not about it. The Browns aren't anything to Fear. The Browns are now a bunch of Me guys, with a messed up Locker Room, a Coach who will be in in the hot seat if they don't win 11 games (10 wasn't enough last year) and a fan base that will be calling for a QB change the second the starter starts to make mistakes. They are NOT going to take the AFC North From us, they are going to get BEAT DOWN again and again and again and again by us. Bottom line. Ohio Teams are our BIATCHES!!!
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

Didnt realize that the "C" word needed to be filtered...

Since the browns have had around 3 descent lineman per year on their roster i dont mind them signing lineman but i believe they could of saved money by signing corey wiliams to a 6 year $24 million instead of a $42 million. They could of signed stallworth to a 7 year $28 million or less contrat. I noticed a couple of teams that were signing players that ive never heard of to huge contracts, Raiders sign Tommy Kelly to a $50 million contract, what is that...
Old 03-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
well, i agree that D/A isn't the answer, but you have to remeber, they've witnessed some pretty horrible quarterback play while watching the browns... D/A certainly is an upgrade to Mark Rypien, Eric Zeier, Ty Detmer, Spergon Wynn, Doug Pederson, Luke McCown,Trent Dilfer, and Charlie Frye. but yeah you're right, last year he wasn't very accurate.... maybe he worked on that in the offseason, doubt he's made much improvement, but won't know until the season starts.

as far as the knock on the browns front office moves i have to disagree, Phill Savage has made the right moves to put the Browns in contention, if you look at the team he was given when he came in, the amount of busted 1st round picks the Browns had before he arrived, i'm sorry dude, but your comparison to Phil Savage and Jon Bon Jovi is absolutly ridiculous. i'm not saying the teams going to dominate, they certainly didn't last year... but they'll be able to compete... and that has ALOT to do with the GMs moves.
noooo thats just cause you guys had a ton of cap room...
Old 03-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
noooo thats just cause you guys had a ton of cap room...
we had so much cap room BECAUSE of phil savages moves
Old 03-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post

Honestly, I think you guys have added a very good player in Williams, but I feel you have also gambled heavily on two of your signings in Rogers and Stallworth.

The Browns are a good team...I'm not going to deny that, but they gave up their best player where they were already paper thin...DB's.

You're very competitive and have a lot of reason to be excited about next season, but you're not built for the long run.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote